• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Codeine and buprenorphine, would this work?

We'll see. Today is the last dose. About 3mg. I can't imagine 2 weeks of 1-3mg is going to make me too uncomfortable.

It's stronger than you'd think. Keep in mind that it doesn't give the same high as other Opiates so the withdrawals will be bad in comparison to the high you've experienced.

If you take bupe on a frequent basis and no other opioids, then stop the bupe and use an agonist, taking bupe anytime after dosing with the agonist will NOT precipitate WDs. I used bupe on a daily basis then stopped for a day to do some heroin and after 6 hours I took 4mg bupe and felt fine.

So basically, yeah, take the bupe. It'll knock the codeine outta the way and you'll feel like you usually do when you use bupe.

I have taken 15 mgs of hydrocodone and then two hours later taken 2mg of bupe...IT WAS THE WORST FEELING OF MY LIFE.. Precipitated WD doesn't matter whether or not you are physically addicted to opiates... it only matters if you have opiates on your opiate receptors. If you do have opiates on your opiate receptors and you take a sub.. the naloxone in the sub will force the other opiates off of your receptor and put you into precipitated WD=HELL for at least 1.5 hours.

The other way around: Your opiate tolerance affects your bupe experience. I can take 16mgs of bupe if I wanted to and not feel a buzz.. I would only feel well, maybe a little light headed and get a migraine... I let my BF take .25 of a mg of bupe the other day because he dislocated his back and he was throwing up for 12 hours and couldn't walk he was so buzzed. He never takes pills and has no opiate tolerance that is why he got so buzzed off such a low dose... but had he taken 2 hydrocodones 1-3 hours before he would have still went into precipitated WD=hell.

if you take any opiate you need to wait 12 hours just to be safe... Honestly it isnt worth the risk.. and if it is worth the risk to you you either 1. have never experienced rapid WDs or 2. you have and you are crazy for being willing to even risk feeling that agony again. If you are 2. then I suggest you re-evaluate why you are taking them in the first place. Im not trying to lecture.. but the point is a buzz.. not risking pain. Good luck. <3

It was not the naloxone that displaced the hydro but the buprenorphine itself. Naloxone has no function sublingually, and even if you'd IV'd it, it would have been the bupe claiming primary responsibility for the WD's.

To be quite honest I don't think anyone here will benefit as a result of hearing your story; bupe 2 hrs after hydro is objectively silly. ;)

I know this is a very old thread, but for anyone reading this for reference I?ll put in my two cents.

I had been using heroin for a few weeks and decided to quit with the use of codeine at first and then subutex later. I came off the heroin and when WDs started I took codeine - two doses of 420mg a day - morning and evening, for two days. On the third day I waited until 11.30am to take a similar dose. I wasn?t feeling brilliant by about 4pm so took the plunge with the sub, taking 3x2mg over the course of a couple of hours. I didn?t go into precipitated WDs and felt better.

I wouldn?t say I was in full WDs at all by the time I took the sub but I?m guessing that the codeine wore off to the point that I was uncomfortable because of a reasonably considerable habit/tolerance.

Anyway, just wanted to put that one forward, but wouldn?t necessarily advise it and possibly I got lucky to avoid precipitated WDs. Best to wait as long as possible I?d say.

Thanks for sharing. Hard to get a gram of codeine per day anywhere, probably. That's what, like 200 pills/day?

-->Archive.