• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why Does Xanax (Or Any Benzo) Combined With Methadone Get You On Cloud 10???

Status
Not open for further replies.

the unknown

Bluelighter
Disclaimer:I have an EXTREME anxiety problem where it not only interferes with my life, i cant function without it, i cant talk, i cant be with people, i cant even think about gettin a job, i have NO appetite, my jaw is clenched, i feel seizures coming on etc etc...This is due to two reasons one i have bad bad anxiety in the first place so i take too much xanax of my script to begin with because i cant control it because its not enough. Second when i run out i get rebound and withdrawl effects from the Xanax. So i feel like hell on earth.

But my real question was how do you go from hell to heaven in 20 minutes after taking methadone and 4 or 5 sticks of xanax.

Methadone maintainance alone doesnt really give you a high after so many years on a typical dose which is 70-100mg at the clinic.

Xanax alone doesnt give you a high it just calms extreme anxiety down, loss of memory and inhibition but no real euphoria.

But combined its like taking Heroin for the first time some times it can be an amzing euphoric feeling. why?

I think it's probably just because you're combining two CNS depressents, and they're synergizing with each other

Very dangerous stuff though, mixing Methadone with Xanax. Be careful

maintenance isnt meant to get you high, it'd to hold you and keep you functional and supposedly eliminates cravings etc so when you're mixing it with another recreational drug like xanax, even at therapeutic doses it will cause a high and euphoria in some people. it could be to with you have taking an anti-histamine (which potentiates some opiates), having a light stomach or maybe it's just your individual body chemistry. we don't know for sure.

hell to heaven in 20mins - after some opiates and benzos sounds kosher to me (and a lot of other people i bet;) maybe you're leaving to long in between your maintenance and are starting to get slight WD symptoms which would be eliminated by taking your doses. or like you said you are in withdrawal, so of course you're going to get that relief. the only person who can help you with this problem is your doctor, you're going to have to discuss maybe an alternative medicine schedule/dosing with him/her. you're not meant to be getting high remember, doctors dont prescribe drugs for you to get high;)

mixing and opioid (methadone) and a benzodiazepine (xanax) are going to have synergistic effects which will explain why you're feeling so good.

i suggest you search here on OD and BL as well as erowid.org to gain some knowledge and other people experiences with these drugs so you know what you're in for. both drugs are highly addictive and taken together can cause fatal OD's so be extremely careful mixing them. know your limits. know what you're putting into your body.

be extremely careful but have fun. respect your boundaries and body:)

4 to 5 sticks of xanax and 70 to 100 mg of 'done is going to get you higher than cloud 10. Try cloud heaven. Seriously though, that much of those two combined will eventually, more likely than not, kill you. I have lost friends to basically that amount, and I have come close myself.
Very danderous.
Anyway, to answer your question, IMO its probably the synergistic effect that causes this.

Last edited:
^apparently their maintenance goes up and down from 70-100mg and depending how long theyve been using these amounts they should have a decent tolerance. if theyre using daily of course.

but yes, you're 100% correct that those dosages with the methadone and xanax are a recipe for disaster. more so an even worse disaster if alcohol or other opiates or benzos or depressants in general are mixed into the concotion.

there are a lot of methadone alone and mixed with other cns depressants each year. methadone is an extremely potent opioid.

Hey man. I really like benzo's with opiate's too. But its a very dangerous combo man. Be careful. I used to like valium's and oc's. But like I said bro be careful mixing that stuff it can be a lethal combo.

If those two drugs together dont kill you man a dumb decision on those two drugs could be careful.

That is a large dose.your talkin 10mg xanax on top of your meth..depends if you are dependsant though

..but after taking 2-3 mg xanax for almost 2 weeks straight and bein on 80mg MMT for a few mo. takin 4mg xanax really doesnt even get me too fucked up..and I dont feel anywhere near OD (though I know the risk is there so I am always very apprehensive about taking more even though i want to..not really something you shoudl push.

I am just scared cause I live alone..dunno if thered be warning signs.

(though thats me, doesnt mean thatd work for someone else).

Also, with opaites, do you have warning signs of an OD coming, or does it just happen like BAM?

I know people OD in their sleep I guess, but whats the deal with that?

I took my normal dose of 4mg about 10 hr after taking my 80mg mmt dose today. about 6 hr after that I just dosed 60 mg temazepam. I am quitting benzos tomorrow..they are really addictive, this is the most Ive ever done them, almost 2 week straight.

At first a bar would fuck me up real good. Your tolerance goes up so quick. But with increased tolerance, it takes more to get fucked up, but does that tolerance also effect cns depression?

Like id the cns depressin for someone tolerant to xanax different at 4mg vs someone who is non tolerant? I am assuming so right>

Lost my best friend to this combo... with some things added... he died on the phone with me. It was fucking horrible. Don't let it happen to you.

lost a friend to this combo too. im down with the poppy nod and nerve pills myself but never mix a benzo with methadone. causes the lungs to fill with flem and liquid shit till you cant breathe. its one of the most common ods. i went to highschool with a hundred people or so in my grad class and about 4 died from this combo by the time i had been out of hs for a year.

not tryin to be a dick but this is a harm pervention site and this is a combo that hits close to home for me.

wen starting my methadone treatment the dude said i had to stop takin xanax , but whats the go with the wd from my benzos?

will the 'done take care of that or what ?

last thing i want is to go thru that again. iv stil been takin very small doses of xanax since bein on the methadone , like 1-2mg , my tolerance is like 6 or 8 mg normally

Combining any opiate with benzos is a great feeling. Using opiates for me is really like doing nothing now because Im so tolerant. Occasionally I will get the surprise of some euphoria, but mostly now its just pain relief. However when I am lucky enough to get 2mg's of xanax I know I will feel pretty good.

As a cokehead, I regularly use benzos - they're a must and I can't do coke without them. The only thing, be careful with the withdrawals - if you use benzos, especially Xanax (Alprazolam) or Valium (Diazepam) on a regular basis, remember to taper off the dose as it can apparently lead to a seizure if you stop suddenly ... ;-)

It's not the methadone that is getting more potent. What happens is that after taking your DOSE then you take your Xanax the methadone potenates the Xanax not the other way around. Causeing sudden, or within minutes of heavy sedation. I myself have been taking 180mgs methadone for 13 years and have takin 15 Xanax within a 12 hour period of taking my methadone and didn't even get a nod. Due to myself having such an extremely high tolerance to narcotics, even at doctors, staff, nurses...ext.. Have been blown away at how much my body can intake and digest without any problems except not getting we're my body is craving to be. Ps.. I'm not a doctor not can I give any medical advice, so please do not even attempt to consume what my own body can handle in narcotics. I have a metabolism of a dog!.. I just wanted to say that benzo will ruin your methadone Half-Life and decrease your dose effects also. Yes, you will feel really high !.. But only for a short time. In the long run. Like myself, your gonna find yourself chasing that high just as any other drug. Take care

What mg are the Xanax? even if they are 15 of the 0.1mg or 0.25mg Xanax, that is super dangerous! I wouldn't make it a habit.. I am assuming you meant 15mg of Xanax which is extremely dangerous amounts , and if you meant 15 2mg Xanax bars, I don't know how you are alive right now or didn't OD from that mixture! I don't care if you have the metabolism of an ant, that shit is just as dangerous no matter how fast it is! Be very careful!!!

Mixing benzos with your methadone might get you to cloud 9 if you luck out, but it's also very likely to get you to "Earth 6," buried 6 feet under its surface, that is.

Tread with caution, saying you're playing with fire is an underestimate. You WILL get burned, it's just a matter of "when."

I realize the OP posted this 7 years ago, but plenty of bluelighters take methadone and don't realize how dangerous the combo could be, so I felt that I should respond anyways to emphasize to the current ones reading this thread that methadone+benzos is actually probably how most fatal OD's in MMT patients occur, an even more dangerous combo than heroin+benzos.

Stay safe out there, man :\ :)

doubling down on depressants is a sure fire way to end up in a morgue
methadone and benzos are really dangerous man, it'sa huge problem in scotland where my friend lives, they call it the Glasgow coma cocktail

I think it's probably just because you're combining two CNS depressents, and they're synergizing with each other

Very dangerous stuff though, mixing Methadone with Xanax. Be careful

^ This bears repeating. It's very dangerous to mix CNS depressants, especially at the high doses mentioned.
This thread is from 2009 so I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.