• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

HOw hard is it to get suboxone prescribed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norton

Greenlighter
I want to and was curious what the process is like. It's with private practice doctors right? Do they treat you like junky scum? Or is it more a business, where they see you quick, write a script and send you on your way.

And about how much does it cost and how busy are they? Are there few of them and they are all full or is it quick and easy to be seen and prescribed. What's the cost of an appointment like, I already heard the pils are about 8 dollars a piece.

Thanks for any advice.

No the doctors are almost always trained specifically in the area of drug abuse. You should go through a doctor who specializes in drug treatment, and is qualified to prescribe Suboxone(tm).

The doctor of course must also have a DEA Number to prescribe a controled substance.

You can find the qualified doctors through the official Suboxone website:

Suboxone: Find a Doctor

For me it was quite easy.

Ask about your addiction, how much you take per day, what sorts of withdrawl symptoms you feel, how its impacting your life, and how...with the addition of suboxone you intend on getting clean.

Boom, script.

But appointments range from like 80-300 per session. They're expensive.

Very very easy for me.

I wemnt to this rehab/,mental health center by me and walked in and asked to be in their suboxone program and repeated that three times over before I got my ass back on track.

They are expensive tho..

Drug test ya,ask about your WD symptoms and bam!

I was never even drug tested. Theoretically I coulda made all that crap up...but be sure to be in a very uncomfortable state of withdrawl when you get there.

Then again I wasn't given anything in the office to see how I would react...I was just given a script and sent on my way.

Hmm...

Hmm,thats strange lost.
I got tested everytime and I figured is was because they didn't want people lyin their asses off just to get subs for whatever reason.

My visits were never super expensive and the suboxone wasn't that expensive.

I had to see him weekly for a while, then biweekly, where I would usually get tested.

My visits were never super expensive and the suboxone wasn't that expensive.

I had to see him weekly for a while, then biweekly, where I would usually get tested.

Really?
My insurance cut me off half way through my script of 60.
They costed me around $10 a pill.Of course buying in bulk was cheaper.
Not really all that much cheaper though..Over here at least.
Also,over here you see the doc once a month which costs like
$200 or so.Than you get your script which costs about $400.
It fucked up IMO.
Suboxone should not be that expensive.

It depends on where you live.... But you just gotta call around to different docs and ask what their policy is and how much they're willing to help. I had a friend that called a guy in Witchita KS, and he only would do a rapid detox (one month). My friend did really good, til the script ran out. Rapid detox leads to a rapid relapse.

In my case, all I did was call a doctor (in Oklahoma City). Another one of my friends recommended him. He doesn't drug test, and he's a maintainance doc (he'll do it from 6 mo. to life). Those are the best to go to. Some doctors will make you take drug tests every month (or more) and will kick you off the program if you fail. Find a doc that understand addiction, and will work with you through the shit.

If you really want to get off dope, a Sub maintainance program is the way to go. Just find a good doc. I don't know how hard/easy it is in other states though...

My doc will just see me for 15 min, treats me with respect, and is really helpful. He also prescribed gabapentin for my anxiety and trazadone to help me sleep (insomnia sucks when you get off dope). But once again, it depends on the doc. I know people who's docs do treat them like junky scum.

The prices (in OKC, with my doc) go as follows:
1st visit - $225 (just for the visit - script is paid separately. I will list script prices next) -Will write a one week prescription.
2nd visit - one week later - $225 (for the visit) -Will write a one month script.
Every visit after that (once a month) - $90 (for the visit) - Will write a one month script.
Most Sub doctors don't work with insurance, so you have to pay the full amount every month/visit.

BUT - As for the Suboxone - if you have good inurance, they'll pay for it. My script of 60 a month usually runs $17 (I assume it's ok to list prices here, since it's about a legit script, and he's asking the price. I apologize if it's still not allowed).... If you don't have insurance, though, they usually run around $6-$9 a pill, which can get pricey. Most of my friends don't have insurance, so it winds up being $250 - $350 a month. Some doctor's offices will work with the pharmacy to get the price lowered. I know my doc's office works with the pharmacy to knock $2-$4 off per pill, which can be REALLY helpful.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Just trying to help. Suboxone maint. has really really helped me, so if you can get on one, I really would suggest it. Good luck!

Just curious.... What do they drug test for? What is the purpose of the drug test and what are the consequences of failing a test? Being booted from the program?

I'm assuming with the drug test you have some sort of agreement with the doc? I would also assume that if doctors have consequences enforceable for the failure of a drug test, it may be a liability so they would probably require a signed contract from the patient. Are any of my assumptions correct?

Easy as hell! After all they are looking for addicts! Make sure you have insurance though otherwise its meehhh. Doctor wont test you since thats your business unless your on probation.

They test to make sure your only on the suboxone and not still abusing other opiates. It depends on the doctor if you will get booted from the program.

Around here, there are a million and one suboxone doctors, so its fairly easy to get into a program.

On the other hand, its so expensive its rediculous. Roughly $200 a month for the visit on the first couple months, and the pills are around $6-8 a piece.

So typically around $500 a month! Its rediculous because you can get about 7 bundles for that price that! A lot of people go into treatment because it "ruined their life", financially 90% of the time.

A few of my friends have gone the methadone route, which I argue with since methadone can be a lot harder to get off than subs, dope, oxy, etc.

Suboxone is great, don't get me wrong, but damn is it expensive!

wow you guys are paying a lot. I pay $50 a visit, and he makes me see him every 2 months. I pay like $150 at the pharmacy for a bottle of 30 8mgs which lasts me 2 months. So for me to take 4 mgs a day, it costs me about $100 a month.

Paying for suboxone treatment is like buying plane tickets...no two people, with the same destinations, will have paid the same price. a100unitSHOT and I both go to the same clinic here in Oklahoma City, he pays $17 for his monthly script of 60 tablets, I pay $250 for my monthly script of 45 tablets. Even without insurance involved, the prices will vary at almost every pharmacy that you go to. I found a local pharmacy that sells them for $5 a piece, while walgreens wanted $12 for a tablet. As far as what the actual Dr. charges are here in OKC, a100unitSHOT already layed that out pretty clearly in his above post. The bottom line is CALL AROUND....Dr. prices and pharmacy prices vary greatly, so don't settle for the first one you come across. Also, don't settle for a doc that sets a certain time limit on his treatment (eg. we will do a 3 month suboxone plan and that should be adequate). I use this example from personal experience. A good doc that fully understands the nature of addiction will know that you can't put a time frame on recovery. For some people, 3 months may well be adequate, while others may need to maintain on sub for the rest of their life.

a100unitSHOT, I live in OKC as well. and was curious which dr. you go to? I am looking for a good Suboxone Doctor in the area.

for me it was always insanely easy to get subs. my doctor even signed me up on a program with the company that manufactures them so I got them for free for like 18 months. ridiculous

suboxone scripts

for me getting on suboxone was an easy thing to do. i went through a 30 day inpatient and got on their suboxone program. i have been taking it for 6 months now. i am double insured so it does not cost me a thing, for the doc visits or the script. i am getting 90 a month which is 3 8mg a day. it has helped me so much and has been the only thing that has worked for me, i have remained clean and sober since i started the program 6 months ago. i have checked into other doctors and have found that suboxone can be very hard, almost impossible, to get on. if you can find a doctor and get on it, do it! methadone sucks, suboxone is the way to get off opiates and stay off.

Hello? Where are these good docs? What are some names? I have been shooting up since i was 16 now 18 1/2 would love to quit with this shit and have my own scrip instead of buying it from my x who got me started. I don't have horrible withdrawal symptoms but I need this to stop being a addict. Help? Names? Good doctors that will understand I;m not trying to get high i just want to get the mental addiction out of me and the cravings and the buying and blah blah! send me a message. Would love to find a doctor where i don't have to be tested before I get it cause I don't do enough to have horrible withdraws. I just need to get off of it for a long time to really stop. I have sooner care/Medicaid w/e and in stillh20

Status
Not open for further replies.