RFD: Merging of N&S American Social and DD forums.

Do you think merging the N&S American regional forums is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Conditional (Will explain in thread)

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Damien

Bluelight Crew
Before the upgrade there were discussions on what could/should be changed and the topic of merging the N&S American Social and Drug Discussion forums came up. EADD has had this format for a while and it seems to work quite well. There is a nice balance of social banter and legit regional drug information. This format also increases the traffic which the N&S American forums could really use as well. So here is your chance to speak up. Can you see any reason why these forums should not be merged? Can you see yourself posting more or less in a merged forum? Also any ideas on how we could improve a merged forum are welcome as well. Thank you. :)

I would post more in a merged forum, what turns me off from posting now is I can post and not have anyone see it for a while due to the super slow traffic there. EADD seems like it has a better atmosphere than the cuurent NA forums.

I believe, in the past, the NAS tried to discourage discussion of illegal activity (perhaps my memory is going so many years back it is no longer relevant :\ ). However, having seen how well EADD handle the mix I am pretty confident it would for for the NAS region as well. I'd be in favor...as a member. As an admin, I'll wait to hear what the members most effected would have to say on the matter.

When I look at EADD and how well they make it work, how close they all are, how social and drug topics mix so fluidly, it makes me want a forum like that for my continent.

I'm definitely for the idea.

edit: To answer the question of posting more/less - I'm not very active in either forum, mostly because they don't run fast enough for my liking (I like to see ten new posts every time I hit refresh). If the two were put together, I would expect a large traffic increase, and with it, the action that I would like that would get me involved in posting. All in all it seems like a good idea.

Its the American forum, damn it, and I thought we had done away with segregation. Integrate the social the drug discussion forums! ;)

Last edited:
i see no harm in combining them.

Also EADD is a wonderful place, hopefully the American DD and social forum will be as big a hit.

We are going to wait for some more feedback before a final decision is made.

It seems to me like merging social and events makes more sense than merging social and drugs. Events are social gatherings. NBut not all socializing focuses on drugs, even here on BL.

I guess it all depends on what your priorities are.

First, threads in the regional drug discussion forum are basically bluelight's acceptable sourcing threads. People discuss what neighborhoods to buy their heroin on, when in other places on this site even maps of drug crime activity have been considered unacceptable. (I haven't read all the threads, but I'm talking about the chicago one, where posts like I've described have sat around for years now, so I don't think this is a fluke?)

Second, I don't know how accepted it is, or true, or just my impression, but it seems like a large part of the social forums consists of 'hey lets meet up and take x drugs'.

So the implicit separation of the two forums seems to make sense if bluelight wants to keep the Harm Reduction persona up.

However, I think that merging the two fourms would provide a great way for druggies to meet each other and create trust for pm's to trade connections and stuff like that. And that would make the forum a LOT more popular, I think you could almost expect a rush of new posts and posters. And it would be 'real' harm reduction in terms of reducing the amount of danger in scoring the drugs (with an increase in police awareness? I dunno)

However, like I said, making a forum for social discussion of regional drugs seems hard to justify as 'harm reduction' like I understand it with the current rules.

However, I think that merging the two fourms would provide a great way for druggies to meet each other and create trust for pm's to trade connections and stuff like that.

You do realize that this is against the BL User Agreement, correct?

Yeah thats why I'm saying that it seems to me like there would be a little bit of a conflict doing this.

But I see tons of people think its a great idea and they probably aren't just saying it because it would blur the lines of improper discussion. Maybe I don't look at those forums enough to see whats really going on, or maybe the chicago threads are just different.

But the one I was looking at today, the only person who said 'is anyone willing to meet up just to hang out, no drugs' was basically told "get lost, no". So is the BL User Agreement just sort of to cover asses but not taken seriously?

It's worth a shot because the traffic in social is pretty low. I'm not sure how DD is doing.

I'm all for it. I rarely visit either of these forums because they are so slow. I think this could be a great idea to increase traffic and I would certainly post here more often if there was more traffic.

Okay folks. It's been over a month since this was announced and the feedback you've gotten kind of spells it out doesn't it?

NSADD is still slow and boring as hell. What's the hold up yo? :)

Yeah...the merge is on, but we're sorting thru a PRUNE process right now to eliminate a lot of older and irrelevant threads (lighten the load, as it were). Once that is complete, the admin can then merge those two fora more easily....so it should be in coming weeks, whenever we feel enough of the PRUNING has occurred.