RFD: Merging of N&S American Social and DD forums.

Do you think merging the N&S American regional forums is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Conditional (Will explain in thread)

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
Heh, I was about to ask why it had never been merged. Question answered though :)

Slacker extraordinaire

Heads up - this will be done JUL 5 :)

Fixed. Because I am teh suck. :( Hopefully everyone else will be sleeping off hangovers from fireworks...and I won't disrupt things. Please note, I will lock those forum while I do this, meaning you can read, but you can't post. Shouldn't take more than an hour (most likely much less) and I'll aim for like 8-11 EST.

^^^
Dont think that we all didn't notice this weekend when we went to embrace the changes of the new forum combination. ;)

I definitely noticed last weekend came and went without any change and I'm antsy in the pantsky about this merge, I'm excited to see the outcome.

What do you guys think we pay you for?:X ;)

What we lack in funding, we make up for with guilt as a motivating factor for staff. I am nearly sufficiently humiliated on this one....but when combined with my other shortcomings on the site as of late....yeah, getting very motivated :eek:

Merged, but it ain't purdy :\ I'll get with the mods in coming days for a suitable 'joint forum' title, and fix their titles. Likewise, they'll need to hash out a combined 'guidelines' for the new beast. In the meantime....you are now free to post about the forum :)

Conditional.... Merging is a good idea, but not with the two suggested.

I don't understand why you guys didn't follow the Australian forum model, and instead merge N&SA social with N&SA EVENTS. It just makes way more sense. Social...Events. Keep all the drug specific topics in their own spot. It seems to me like Drug Discussion has more activity than the two combined anyways. I find myself sifting through a lot of the threads that don't interest me, and it seems like it's been overtaken by drug topics now.

What the fuck guys. seriously. Why did nobody else think of this? Am I just a genius? Well we all know that is the case, but cummon guys, seriously. :p

:)

They followed the EA model, as it better fits how the region is used by the members (meaning, their events section(s) would not easily merge into a social conglomerate). Mayhaps such suggestions could be raised BEFORE the merge? Say, months ago when the call for suggestions and comments were requested? Seriously.

Please do - too many people think of it as simple member question answering, but it is also a place where we seek out member feedback on lots of things related to the overall site. Your participation, and everyone else's is not only desired, but greatly needed :D