• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the NBA playoffs

it sucks to see orlando get so flustered, so early. things heated up, and *sigh* they just couldn't do it. but, just to make sure you didn't turn the game off and avoid the ugly defeat, they nail a couple of pointless 3's in the last 5 minutes.

many contributing factors- the biggest being how unstoppable kobe et al is. can't argue that. the whole team seemed to follow dwight's mood. but, i really think bringing jameer back in was all wrong. our boys had some great momentum and the teamwork was amazing.

hedo and gortat prolly won't be there next year either. who else?

congrats to the lakers!

(but, i swear to god, if i see one more kobe/lebron commercial, i'm gonna put an axe through my television!)

A new Kobe Dynasty may just be beginning...

Congrats, Jefe!

And who in the world would have predicted that it was inevitable that this Kobe dynasty that IS happenING would eventually happen, a mere four seasons ago when Kobe "broke up the Lakers?"

Oh yeah - WE DID! :)

Dig up all the old threads on this subject - the multitude of haters have finally been proven wrong.

I would still MARGINALLY consider MJ to be the greatest ever - if Kobe were to get hit by a bus tomorrow.

Barring a freak bus accident, however, Kobe's status of G.O.A.T. shall be cemented by the end of Obama's first term.

Now where the fuck is poste?!

^^^^^^^^

Not one bit.

If the Lakers win the title in two of the next three seasons (which, with Kobe still in his prime, ditto Gasol, and with Odom willing to play for free so he stay near the beach, and with the greatest coach of my lifetime steering the ship, is certainly doable), then Kobe will have tied MJ with 6 career titles, two-upped him with 8 conference championships, and will STILL have 5 to 7 years of productive ball left in him, with which I fully expect him to obliterate several all-time NBA statistical records.

Add to that Kobe's vastly superior jump shot, his 81 point game, and a whole host of other accomplishments that MJ never even sniffed, and YES, Kobe will be considered the greatest ever.

Except by the same stubborn haters who are ignorant enough to think that LeBron is actually the most valuable player in the NBA right this second.

If the Lakers win the title in two of the next three seasons (which, with Kobe still in his prime, ditto Gasol, and with Odom willing to play for free so he stay near the beach, and with the greatest coach of my lifetime steering the ship, is certainly doable), then Kobe will have tied MJ with 6 career titles, two-upped him with 8 conference championships, and will STILL have 5 to 7 years of productive ball left in him, with which I fully expect him to obliterate several all-time NBA statistical records.

Add to that Kobe's vastly superior jump shot, his 81 point game, and a whole host of other accomplishments that MJ never even sniffed, and YES, Kobe will be considered the greatest ever.

You're forgetting another accomplishment Kobe has that MJ doesn't: Kobe has lost in the Finals...twice. MJ never did.

Not to mention, if Jordan doesn't retire the first time the Bulls win eight straight.

Kobe is one of the greatest players ever, and certainly better than LeBron, but I don't think he can top Jordan. Maybe it's nostalga, but MJ is the best ever.

speaking as an officially recognised and certified whore for the jordan brand sneakers, i'm gonna hafta agree with AW.

but that fade away jump shot kobe pulled out his arse in the fifth game was reminiscent of jodan magic. it was beautiful. but it was the only one in the whole game. he nailed many beauties but only one truly magical shot.

mj floated like that all the time.

archived. it was a beautiful year for the NBA this year and I am jonesing for my basketball fix until next year. playing streetball on my block just isn't the same :)