• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the NBA playoffs

the cavs are definitely playing really well. they look impressive, even with LBJ on the bench...but their competition hasnt really been that tough. the difference between the top 3 teams and the bottom 5 in the east is huge.

...and if we're talking about crunch time, kobe can play consistent D. he only slacks off when he doesnt respect the player he matches up against, and he often defends the best perimeter player at the end of close games.

I think the Lakers will have it for sure now.

Under shooting bad, and the rockets cant keep fast pace.

For starters, the flagrant on Vujovic was BS! Whats his nuts fucking ram jumped into HIM!! He would have went right by him, but he checked him.

And Artest (as much as I hate the bastard) did not deserve that ejection. That was bare;y flagrant 1, let alone no where near a 2.

the Lakers got punked today by a Houston team without T-Mac and Yao Ming. I didn't see this one coming; but the Rockets played (at least this game) like a team desperate to win while the Lakers were just going through the motions. the defensive play by L.A. just needs more effort.

Orlando VS Boston tonight. who you guys got?

The home team of course, although the game in the first half has been very very slow paced and ticky tack fouls abound.

oh snap! sick buzzer beater by big baby! did anyone see him push the orlando towel boy out of the way after he sank that shot! LMFAO!!!! it was fucking hilarious. wait til that shot hits youtube, then pay attention after he makes the shot. :D

what a game.

I don't really like the Celtics, from my time spent living in Boston and their all-of-a-sudden return to greatness while I was there. I found myself jumping on the Orlando Magic wagon last year, because watching Dwight Howard as the NBA's premier big man and then watching that whole team chuck 3 point shots relentlessly is fun. also, growing up who didn't like Penny and Shaq?

I was really hoping Boston would lose, but they are such a solid team defensively, even without their defensive leaders KG and Leon Powe. the Celtics are not dangerous because of one player, they are dangerous because they play like a team and have great coaching.

that being said, I think both of these teams this year are without a couple important factors that will render them unable to reach the NBA Finals.

back to the game. it was a very good game, getting close at the end and then it was surreal watching both teams grind to a near halt in point production in the last three minutes.

of course, the whole gym imagined that the ball would be going into Boston Celtic Ray Allen's hands, only to see him get the ball, penetrate and dish it out to "Big Baby" Glen Davis (whom isn't quite known for his shooting prowess. the Boston Celtics are so god damned lucky, it can drive a non-fan sick sometimes.

oh snap! sick buzzer beater by big baby! did anyone see him push the orlando towel boy out of the way after he sank that shot! LMFAO!!!! it was fucking hilarious. wait til that shot hits youtube, then pay attention after he makes the shot. :D

yeah! I saw that, too. is his big ass blind or something?

initially, he almost plows into the ref; and then he takes out some unsuspecting and completely innocent towel boy.

ouch big baby hurts! :( anyway that was a hell of a game either way you slice it. Too bad my team lost but oh well boston played very well last night witht here backs against the wall...i dont have much time to type here but i disagree witht he fact that orlando cannot wina championshiop.....when they are on they are probably one of the best teams in the NBA...the one thing they lack is consistensy....which every team needs.....gunna be very interesting to see how this series plays out....being how orlando is a better road team then they are a home team...anyway was a great game and it was hilarious seeeing big baby throw that poor little towel boy out of the way....

Andrew Bynum has completely failed the lakers in my opinion. Mentally he is not in the game, he is extremely intimidated in the paint and he has no confidence in his game. the look on his face shows fear and hesitation. The lakers paid for a superstar but got a unprepared bench warmer.

His actions PRIOR to the finals was a precursor to his behavior and play during the finals. On the night before the start of the finals, Andrew Bynum was seen out on a date with singer RIHANNA. this is not what a star player should be doing right before the biggest games of his career. Coincidentally, his flings naked pictured surfaced on the internet on Saturday. If Bynum is associated with Rihanna, then his mind must have been cluttered with his girlfriend's pictures all over the internet and how hurt he was about it.

I am disappointed in Bynums performance on and off the court. Mitch cupchek should realize whats going on and get rid of the cancer that is Andre Bynum.

He has failed the lakers on all aspects. Behavior, esteem, composure, actual play time. he is a complete failure.

i think its too soon to call bynum a complete failure. he was out for half the season and was only able to play a couple games before the playoffs (where he got very limited minutes against utah). he really has been disappointing lately, but before he went down he had some really solid games (did u see that 40 pt game??). he just needs some time to readjust himself into the offense, work on his defensive timing, etc.

that said...he has been completely useless in the playoffs so far and most likely wont help much at all for the rest of the post season. i think he has a good future ahead of him (if he can avoid more serious injuries) but right now the lakers cant afford to try and take the time to work bynum back into things.

I wouldn't give up on Bynum so soon, either.

does he have toughness problems (both mentally and physically)? absolutely. but at times he can score ruthlessly in the paint, against very good defensive teams.

it was nice to see Cleveland sweep the Atlanta Hawks today, so they can get some rest against either Orlando or Boston. the Cavs shot horrible today, and it might just be because Atlanta finally played defense for most of the game.

the Hawks should be content with the direction of their franchise, with their first playoff series win in ten years. however, they have a lot of questions to be answered as Zaza Pachulia, Joe Smith, and Mike Bibby are all going to be able to leave the franchise, one way or another. Zaza has emerged as one of my favorite Hawks - he plays basketball like a bulldog.

tonight Denver will also be trying to sweep Dallas. Detroit really looks like idiots for trading Chauncey Billups, huh? I know it seemed as if Rodney Stuckey would be more than adequate at PG, but I wouldn't be very eager to let such a great scoring PG as Billups go.

Mark Cuban is having a field day.

Wow your team avoided the sweep! lol

Can you believe the dad of the kid that Big Baby ran into is demanding an apology? The kid must be embarrassed for having such a pussy as a father.

Mark Cuban is having a field day.

Wow your team avoided the sweep! lol

Yeah - what a loser.

An innovative self-made billionaire who owns a professional sports team and actually gives a shit.

I'm sure you wouldn't trade lives with him.

How the fuck did Orlando give up a two digit lead to lose game 5? That shit is absurd, I thought they could give the cavs a series but this game shows how little experiance they have. Just my rant on the game.

Yeah - what a loser.

An innovative self-made billionaire who owns a professional sports team and actually gives a shit.

I'm sure you wouldn't trade lives with him.

what does trading lives with him have to do with anything?

My remark was made about Cuban celebrating like his time won the championship when they just avoided getting sweeped. why are you so happy Mark?

THE GUY IS A FUCKING IDIOT, he went up to a players mother ( i forget who) and made some uncalled for remarks. A PLAYERS MOTHER! hes too much of a fucking pussy to go and handle his shit on his own.

matter of fact. I WOULDN'T TRADE LIVES WITH HIM.

How the fuck did Orlando give up a two digit lead to lose game 5? That shit is absurd, I thought they could give the cavs a series but this game shows how little experiance they have. Just my rant on the game.
i agree on so many levels bro.......the last five minutes of that game made me sick to my stomach and i bashed my head on the wall when hedo turkoglu went in and tried to get the foul call and nothing happend.......magic showing immaturity..... i might agree with you now after these last two games axl blaze......it hink another year of playing together and having Jameer Nelson back in the lineup would do orlando good.......im not giving up on the magic just yet though....game 6 in orlando

Can you believe the dad of the kid that Big Baby ran into is demanding an apology? The kid must be embarrassed for having such a pussy as a father.

for anyone interested (which is probably few people), the father (who demanded the apology) of the kid who big baby pushed... retracted his statements and admitted that he was acting irrationally. he actually apologized for getting so upset and caught up in the moment. he mentioned that he was looking at it from a father's point of view and acted unprofessionally in demanding an apology. gotta respect him for manning up like that. :)