• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the NBA playoffs

Ya me thinks you right.

I remember that was the problem when Shaq was at his peak with hack a Shaq. He was still strong enough to hold onto the ball and dunk it. But he could never capitalize on the free bee.

Howard has some great athleticism.

Shaq was just a fucking BEAST!!

Dwayne Wade and Chris Paul are as comparable to LeBron as LeBron is to Kobe.

Stats ain't everything, and if you take away stats, LeBron's merely a very very talented young POTENTIALLY All-Time great.

Kobe is entering MJ territory this very week.

If, hypothetically, he gets killed by a bus three weeks from now, millions of idiots would actually be happy, but more importantly, he'd go down as somewhere between the 2nd and 5th greatest players EVER, without having played one nanosecond past his 31st Birthday.

If, on the other hand, LeBron gets killed by a bus three weeks from now, by 2100, he'll have a lower Q rating than Justin Timberlake.

well if you take away stats then that includes, but is not limited to, 3pt shooting, game winning shots, last minute points, and yes... finals wins. unless, that is, you're only picking and choosing which stats to throw out.

so how are you gonna throw away lebron's stats and then in the very next sentence cite that kobe's entering MJ territory this very week... which i'm assuming you're basing on stats?

it's contradiction at it's finest.

well if you take away stats then that includes, but is not limited to, 3pt shooting, game winning shots, last minute points, and yes... finals wins. unless, that is, you're only picking and choosing which stats to throw out.

so how are you gonna throw away lebron's stats and then in the very next sentence cite that kobe's entering MJ territory this very week... which i'm assuming you're basing on stats?

it's contradiction at it's finest.

isnt this topic title NBA playoffs. lets keep the talk about the teams that are actually in the finals instead of a player whos never even been to one. Kobe over lebron anyday and this year will be the fourth ring to prove it

which of those two have never been to one?

and i wasn't the one that brought it up... since you bring it up.

isnt this topic title NBA playoffs. lets keep the talk about the teams that are actually in the finals instead of a player whos never even been to one. Kobe over lebron anyday and this year will be the fourth ring to prove it

oh and if you wanna be a dick about it, then didn't you just finish a conversation about shaq? he's not in the playoffs. doesn't it hurt your feet jumpin off your high horse?

The one thing I wish Howard would do (but do not think he has the size to really) is get the Shaq "get the fuck out of my way" back to the rim step. Shaq would MOVE you to dunk. As well as Kobe, who took MAJOR advantage of it when he had it, knew he could just lobe the ball anywhere near it to get Shaq an Alley-oop.

Do not see Howard get alot of Alley's

Hmmm you must not watch a lot of magic basketball, because alley oops are dwights favorite play.....

lebron and the cavs had the dubious honor of getting rocked by the spurs way back in 07.

im hoping for a good series or failing that, some good van gundy pressers.

the highlight of the NBA playoffs this year was the Cleveland Cavs getting knocked out. it seems like not a whole lot of the sports media are interested in this year's Finals, and I can't blame them.

there was a poll on ESPN.com asking the world if the Cavs beat the Magic, if they could beat the Lakers. the answer was a unanimous yes - and I still think that is the Cavs could have somehow beaten Orlando they would have walked all over a lethargic Los Angeles.

however, LA matches up better against Orlando and I see LA winning this one in 7.

good for Kobe, he can finally prove that he is his own NBA superstar, even without Shaq leading the team.

if Kobe drops the Finals this year, LA is going to be viewed as the Atlanta Braves, Bufallo Bills, or the Ohio State of the NBA (being able to get to the Finals but not winning).

I just hope to see some good basketball. if the Lakers lose again, that would be quite funny, in a sadistic sort of way.

Pietrus and Alston need to have a monster series.

Hedo and Lewis need to keep doing what they've been doing.

Howard just needs to be Howard.

If the above three things happen, the Magic will win.

It's not asking too much.

p.s. fuck maurice clarett

oh and if you wanna be a dick about it, then didn't you just finish a conversation about shaq? he's not in the playoffs. doesn't it hurt your feet jumpin off your high horse?

wow one post about shaq when lebrons been all over the last 3 pages. all im saying is theres already thread titled kobe vs lebron. we dont need this one dominated up with all the "king james" lovers ... king of what exactly i will never know. King of not making it to the nba finals???

Hmmm you must not watch a lot of magic basketball, because alley oops are dwights favorite play.....

not since the playoffs and I have seen highlights but they are not as abundant as the Shaq days

face it, Kobe would score 40 and Shaq 30 in a game. Kobe would make the play or kick it for a Shaq-tastic dunk.

The howard=oops I have seen seem to have to be precise and no room for era. Ball just above rim and room for him to jump.

I remember quit a few times Kobe would backwards lob the ball and Shaq would jump and have to extend arms out fully to get it and then throw it down.

not since the playoffs and I have seen highlights but they are not as abundant as the Shaq days

face it, Kobe would score 40 and Shaq 30 in a game. Kobe would make the play or kick it for a Shaq-tastic dunk.

The howard=oops I have seen seem to have to be precise and no room for era. Ball just above rim and room for him to jump.

I remember quit a few times Kobe would backwards lob the ball and Shaq would jump and have to extend arms out fully to get it and then throw it down.

So you're basing your opinion on only watching the magic playoff games? Not a very solid ground to base your opinion on. I would bet everything i own that Dwight got WAAAAY more ups than Shaq now, Shaq earlier, Shaq whenever. Has shaq ever enterd a slam dunk contest? We all know Dwight can dunk 13 feet with ease....So basically your whole post is based on watching highlights? hmmmmmmmm....... Anyways good luck tonight lakers, it is my belief that we are about to be "Witness" (LOL) to one of the best finals in history. I may eat my words ina couple days, but at least im not jumping on the same bandwagon everyone in America is.......

Apparently you are since you forgot Shaq gave your Magic some great times.

And ya, since jumping 13 ft towards the basket is REAL useful when you have 9 other players in the way.

Enjoy the Staples center!

Apparently you are since you forgot Shaq gave your Magic some great times.

And ya, since jumping 13 ft towards the basket is REAL useful when you have 9 other players in the way.

Enjoy the Staples center!

as i said before

you can not dunk 13 feet away with people in your way.

Slamdunk contests are fun and all......but do not mean shit in the game.

Good reply to my post......LOL... didnt answer anything....Yeah I haven't forgotten about what Shaq tried to do for us, I also haven't forgot how he ditched us one year after making it to the finals..... but I'm not bitter, I wish Shaq all the best in his old man days, but its time to move over for Superman 2...... oh and by 13 feet, i meant 13 feet high not 13 feet away from the basket, mabey you didnt see the dunk contest........

Last edited:
no I did not,

like I said I do not care to watch it, it has nothing to do with how you play the sport.

I really am not sure what you want me to answer, I watch my Lakers play and thats it. I do not usually have the time to watch both the TNT doubleheader games.