• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-DPT Thread

I must have a ridiculously low tolerance since 28mg already gave me a pretty good +++.

But I also never trip more than once every 1-2weeks, and I'm 1.80m and just 55kg.

Im 1.93 and about 100kg. I decided to do 50mg orally and after about 1 hour i still did not feel anything, since i got it free as a sample i thoght i got some really bad stuff. I decided to snort the remaining 50mg and after about 30 minutes it really hit me like a BOMB!

Holy shit. I could barely stand up straight. I had i to lie down in bed and just chill for a bit. The colours were really really strong, and great euphoria. The sunlight was passing into my room and it looked exactly light rainbows on my ceiling and everything was so perfect. The trip lastet for around 5 hours.

A friend of mine is 1.85 and is about 58kg. He hadn't eaten the whole day. He tried 90mg. At the one hour point still not very much. 10 minutes later feeling the same. So he decided to smoke a bowl junglemix(junglemix=weed and hash together; in this case it was a dank indica and afghan border pollen). When he put the bong away it hit him very hard. He said he was feeling like raoul duke when he did adrenochrome. that was bit too much. the elk on his jägermeister flag was shaking his head like he want to come out of the flag. And he saw some kind of transparent relief on his couch pillow. the trip lasted 4 hours and the afterglow lasted about 2 - 3 hours. total of 6 -7 hours. Thats all I remember. And sorry for my bad english.

EDIT:
A few weeks ago he decided to smoke the rest(10-15mg) to see if its active. He just mixxed it into one weed/tobacco head. Smoked it and there was a light tryptamine buzz like from a low dose dmt he said.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing guys. I'm definitely interested in higher dosage experiences with this one. It's nice that the euphoria seems to stick around at 50 mg oral plus 50 mg insufflated. I assume that means that, like at lower doses, at higher dosages too any ego dissolution effects are still proportionately small compared to the euphoric and aesthetic effects (IME, with DPT, at higher dosages the nature of the trip changes into feeling like I'm evaporated -- a la 5-MeO-DMT -- and the other effects get vaporized along with my sense of self)?

Judging from my experience with it at lower doses, I feel like 4-ho-DPT could be "spiritually" very powerful for me, but in a significantly new way. So, JohnnyButterCookie and zepherox, did you experience -- or did your friend report -- any meaningful visions? I'm also interested in ego effects that are distinct from ego dissolution, such as novel renderings of the self-concept, amplifications of self-respect (esp. those that are distinct from typical narcissistic feelings like coke or amphetamines often supply), new understandings of one's individual role in society, etc.

I should be obtaining a higher dose of 50mg shortly and I will certainly report again. I really loved my 36mg experience, though I felt the added 2C-B at 2 hours was pretty crucial. Hopefully this time more of the character of 4-HO-DPT comes out. Though I will be hard-pressed to not add 2C-B after a while because the combo was so nice. :)

50 mg insufflated is definitely where it's at for me. I did that dose with 500 mg of DXM and ondansetron last night. Things got a little discombobulated but it was more my fault for not planning enough of the night (music, films) ahead of time before starting. There were strong visuals, too. 4-ho-DPT is really fascinating. It seemed like I was cognitively in the same orbit as a pretty strong ego dissolving DPT trip, but it didn't have near the "evaporated" feeling. It felt like a spiritual inflatable castle, very deep in ways but with all the big drop offs having safety nets stretched over them.

I love ondansetron. It allowed me to go upstairs and spin around in place a bunch of times before collapsing on my bed laughing like a spun-out little boy and getting sensations of being on a thrill ride (it feels fantastic to be 29 and enjoy something like this so much; better than as a child, even -- what a gift from the world these drugs are). Without the anti-nausea med doing this would have probably made me sick. It was satisfying in a really strange way. I was so dissociated from my body that having fun making myself dizzy felt like sweet juvenile revenge on my body for making me nauseated all those times before when I've gotten really dizzy and nauseated on drugs.

"Hah hah body, I win! I can have great thrills just by spinning in place and you can't ruin it for me! Wheeee!"

EDIT: Ondansetron won't prevent nausea from motion sickness. What I mean is that I was able to get really dizzy on all these drugs with the same protection from nausea that I would have sober.

Last edited:
I must say I'm surprised by how little attention this substance has got. Maybe it is because it is not that widely available? Personally this one of my favourite psychedelics, combining so many wonderful effects; very uplifting but at the same time very introspective, beautiful OEV's and CEV's, reflexive and insightful yet with a very clear headspace. The visuals are quite unique and hard to describe; one interesting thing is that when you focus or move your eyes everything looks normal until you wait for maybe 10 seconds and brilliant visuals and colours appear everywhere. You can "normalize" yourself for a moment, just to be swept away as soon as you let go.

One of the unique visual aspects was that I constantly have bright white lights coming from behind; like bright lamps or strobes making me feel as I was on a stage in a theater. I felt completely lighted up. When I close my eyes I got completely swept away, nearing ego death (and this was on an insufflated 50 mg dose) with the music I listened to, my own thoughts and memories all floating into one. It was pure bliss. At no moment was there any fear or anxiety, but as it is a quite introspective substance, you might get stuck in thought loops.

Another interesting aspect are the visual hallucinations; music suddenly becomes much slower or faster. Often, one is able to control the pace of the music.

The onset is extremely rapid. Once insufflated, it took only a few minutes for the trip to really kick in. No time to sit down and prepare for the trip to begin.

The only two negative things I have noticed are a quite markedly impared balance and an upset and "swelling" stomach which looks like a balloon. Walking around was a bit difficult, which is unusual for tryptamines. Somehow the motoric skills are impaired and moving arms and legs is a bit "crampy".

I have yet to try DPT, so a comparison is not possible, but as soon as I get my hands on DPT i will try to make a comparison between the two.

This is a very unique substance that touches you deeply. More so than any other 4-subbed tryptamines I've used.

Edit: Just to give an idea of the insightfullness I gained from this substance was memories from my childhood I couldn't had remember in a normal state. These memories brought back feelings of nostalgia and belonging, like a chain from my childhood to present. I was able to re-live memories and feelings, which was a very powerful, yet somwhow beautiful experience.

Last edited:
^ Great overview! Welcome to bluelight. :)

I think it didn't gained so much popularity, because it is relatively novel to the RC market, its dosages are a bit high, but price is the same, so it is not very "cost-effective".

I was going to ask you the question about similarity to other 4-substituted tryptamines, but I checked your (quite extensive) list of substances in "New member introductions", and 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET are untested by you.

I am interested in trying this chemical, but 4-AcO-DMT sucks for me, and 4-HO-MET isn't much better too, so I am unsure. Maybe this one is different.

^ Great overview! Welcome to bluelight. :)

I think it didn't gained so much popularity, because it is relatively novel to the RC market, its dosages are a bit high, but price is the same, so it is not very "cost-effective".

I was going to ask you the question about similarity to other 4-substituted tryptamines, but I checked your (quite extensive) list of substances in "New member introductions", and 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET are untested by you.

I am interested in trying this chemical, but 4-AcO-DMT sucks for me, and 4-HO-MET isn't much better too, so I am unsure. Maybe this one is different.

Well, I'm planning to try 4-AcO-DMT on sunday, so I'll try to write about similarities and dissimilarities after then. I think it will be quite different.

Finally 4-ho-DPT is getting a little updated recognition. Thanks Cyanoide. I just recently got access to more of it, and I'm definitely planning some summer excursions.

Yeah, the dose, the low but slowly growing availability, the cost (which can actually be pretty cheap if you know where to look...), and the fact that insufflation seems to be the best way to go may be keeping it down. Apparently only the fumerate is stable as a powder, and that form isn't very water soluble so IMing is difficult. My one attempt trying 4-AcO-DPT rectally seemed like a waste, but that was with just 16 mg if I recall correctly. That route is definitely worth further exploration. If it's close to the potency of insufflation at higher doses I'd be pretty satisfied (I hate drip). I just haven't tried it because I fear wasting such a treasure. Maybe I'll give it a shot over the next few months, I don't know.

In any case, I've been using "RCs" for over a decade and this is one of my all-time favorites. It has many of the sensory and aesthetic effects of DPT without the torrential flood of ego dissolution (at least not nearly as extreme). It's very different than mescaline but it has the same "gentle but deep" character.

I would love to read that.

Ok, last week I took 18 mg AcO-DMT and just right now I'm landing from a 35 mg 4-HO-MET trip. Both were really nice.

I think I'll have something to say about both vs 4-HO-DPT when...probaby...soon. In this hour I'm still not ready ready for a post-trip answer :)

I decided to try this chemical orally a couple days ago because I was not in the mood to snort a bunch of tryptamine.

Ate 120mg 4-ho-DPT around 7:30 pm

after about an hour a slightly dazed feeling came over me, pleasant but not remarkable. Some color enhancement and vague CEV's. This persisted until around 9:30 - 10:00 pm when some amazing visual phenomena developed. I was sitting in my living room looking at the white wall when some kind of strands or cables of light became apparent behind the wall. They soon developed into an elaborate machine, with endless rows of tunnel like tubes decorated with ornate patterns extended far into the wall. Soon the objects seemed to manifest in the air in front of me and it became difficult to see objects in front of me. This was quite unique and beautiful, I've never had visuals quite like this before. Also my mind felt fairly intact considering I was tripping so hard I was having trouble seeing objects in front of me. This lasted about 90 minutes or so, and I was left with the feeling of my ego being vague or loosely defined. This ego dissolution was fairly strong but not as strong as DPT. My mind was left very active and I was unable to sleep until about 4 am. Overall this chemical was pleasant and very impressive visually, I think I may try combining it with either ketamine or methoxetamine at some point in the future. I have a feeling it would be one of those create your own universe inside yourself kind of combinations!

^ Uh, may I ask the same question again. How does 4-HO-DPT compare to 4-HO-MET and 4-AcO-DMT?
I always keep my eye on this chem, but my non-impressive experiences with these two chems stops me from buying another possible worthless chemical(unless I tried more promising ones:)).

So, does 4-HO-DPT feels like other 4-substitued tryptamines? If yes, in what terms? I see that many people compare this compound to its parent - DPT, is these two really similar?

^ Uh, may I ask the same question again. How does 4-HO-DPT compare to 4-HO-MET and 4-AcO-DMT?
I always keep my eye on this chem, but my non-impressive experiences with these two chems stops me from buying another possible worthless chemical(unless I tried more promising ones:)).

So, does 4-HO-DPT feels like other 4-substitued tryptamines? If yes, in what terms? I see that many people compare this compound to its parent - DPT, is these two really similar?

Hi, sorry for not answering sooner.

To summarize how 4-HO-DPT compares to 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET is: deeper. 4-Aco-DMT is more colourful although the visuals on 4-HO-DPT are less generic, taking more complex forms. 4-HO-MET was a bit disappointing, I had to take 35 mg to really trip. 4-HO-MET barely touched my inner feelings and I didn't feel especially creative on it. My main thoughts on 4-HO-MET were; is this it? Nothing more to give me? Nice visuals, yes, but really nothing mindbowing.

4-HO-DPT went in to my conscious and subconscious much, much deeper than 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET. 4-Aco-DMT, while I liked it very much, was extremely sedative. It felt almost "opiatish" at times. 4-HO-DPT gives me much more energy, altough it has the side effect of affecting my motoric skills negatively compared to the other two.

4-HO-DPT is also deeper in the sense that it gives an experience of ego death even at moderate doses. None of that was present with the other two (IIRC I took 25 mg 4-ACO-DMT, insufflated). Also, the visual hallucinations are unique to it, sounds become quite strange and music becomes slower and/or faster (sometimes both at the same time, imagine that...).

The body load is higher with 4-HO-DPT than the other two. My stomach swelled like a balloon eventhough I insufflated it. I felt a bit nauseous at times. The onset is extremely rapid with insufflation (definately my recommendation, you'll need lower doses to trip hard) and the afterglow is a few hours longer than with the other two. We're speaking minutes with insufflation, insufflated 4-AcO-DMT took 20 minutes before even the first effects were notices. 20 minutes after insufflating 4-HO-DPT you're already tripping big time.

But to summarize: 4-HO-DPT is deeper, more visual (not more colourful than 4-AcO-DMT (but the CEV's on 4-AcO-DMT kept repeating the same pattern, different sizes of "balls" morphing together while 4-HO-DPT creates boxes, triangles, pyramids etc which are much more beautiful and mindblowing), more "ego-killing" and less predictable. With less predictable I mean less generic, the trip moves in different phases and stages, with visuals reacting to what you think etc. 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET were quite much the same from the beginning to the end.

4-HO-DPT beats both 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET :) 4-AcO-DMT is nice, I liked it, but it felt a bit too sedative for me, and 4-HO-MET just didn't get me "there". They both lack a certain cosmicness which 4-HO-DPT has. 4-HO-DPT is less down to earth and more away from earth. For self-exploration and deeper, meditative states, 4-HO-DPT is the way to go. For just plain fun, 4-HO-MET would suffice. 4-AcO-DMT is somewhere between.

If you have any futher questions allium, I'll gladly answer them. I promise to be more active now, has been so much stress at work lately.

Last edited:
II was sitting in my living room looking at the white wall when some kind of strands or cables of light became apparent behind the wall.

I have exactly the same experiences with 4-HO-DPT. The walls seem to release astonishing amounts of light, which radiate through me until I myself start to radiate with light. I earlier made the comparison of strobe lights lighting me up, an experience actually only LSD has given me before.

It sounds like 4-Ho-DPT has more in common with DPT, than 4-Aco-DMT and 4-Ho-MET.

I thought 4-aco and 4-ho tryptamines generally couldn´t be vaporised?

Combining with a MAOI probably kicks ass.

It is good to hear that 4-HO-DPT is different from other 4-substituted tryptamines, because 4-AcO-DMT totally sucked for me, and 4-HO-MET was too generic. Anyhow, I think I'll try this 4-substituted tryptamine before others.