• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-DPT Thread

Hi guys! Long time lurker, but I only now decided to sign up.

I tried plugging and can say that it definitly hits faster and stronger than taking it orally (at least if my experiences with 4-aco-dpt are anything to go by). However, I used 25% acetic acid and, while I tried to keep the amount of acid as small as possible it still damaged my tissue enough so that I had sporadic rectal bleeding for the next few days (but I didn´t try to get the pH down so in part it´s my fault).

But apart from that the experience was great! I really wish there was an easy way to get that stuff into your body. Someone, please try combining it with an MAOI!

I posted an experience report here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...Exactly-what-I-needed?p=13842556#post13842556 and also sent a copy to erowid. I hope this redundancy is okay, but I think it´s important to have the information on both sides, since many people only look at one, especially with these lesser known chemicals.

^^ That's weird that you had damage from it, I haven't plugged it but I did snort it and it didn't burn even the tiniest bit, it felt like it was coating my sinuses for a while which was weird but I found it one of the most benign powders I have ever snorted.

EDIT: I see, you mean because of the acid. Ouch! I don't think an acid is necessary, it should absorb without that.

Last edited:
I really wish there was an easy way to get that stuff into your body. Someone, please try combining it with an MAOI!

Yeah I know what you mean; there are several tryptamines that are clearly good but a bugger to ingest DPT included - might be this smoke/vaps well like DPT; DPT insufflated is agonising. Tried DPT a few times with an MAOI and it definately brought down the active dose; it still required a fair bit of DPT - got a trip of sorts at 125mg so way more economic to smoke - luckily I guess this 4HO is more potent than the parent though. Smoking 4AcO-DALT was impressive but it wasn’t as easy to smoke as other tryptamines but don’t know how other HOs smoke so it would be curious to know

Oh. I always thought that a substance needs to be dissolved in some fluid to pass through the membranes. But yeah, thinking about it, suppositories are not dissolved and they seem to work just fine. I can be so stupid sometimes! Well, learned something new.

Oh. I always thought that a substance needs to be dissolved in some fluid to pass through the membranes. But yeah, thinking about it, suppositories are not dissolved and they seem to work just fine. I can be so stupid sometimes! Well, learned something new.

water works quite well for plugging the vast majority of substances. Why on earth would you go straight to acid? How much is 25%?

The first time I dosed this chem, a friend and I ate somewhere around 20 mg each and followed it up with snorting about 10-15 an hour later. Almost nothing happened. Don't take this as fact, because the reason why we dosed so low was to avoid a full fledged death trip so I erred on the side of what 4-ACO-DMT is dosed at and we went from there. The effects were mainly a physical energy which persisted for about three hours with very little visual phenomena at all.

So the next time I took it I snorted 40mg, the taste was horrible in the drip. The effect noted here was the opposite of the other trip, intense lethargy and chill vibes. Visual changes very subtle, limited to light glows and richer colors. SO 40mg snorted was not quite it either. I'll work up to eating around 100mg soon. Seems like that might be the sweet spot and I will decide then how worth it this chem is. I saw another report here which described 25mg as an intense dose but suspect that wasn't HO-DPT? or that person was extremely sensitive to this particular chem.

In conclusion, although you should always do your own testing like I did starting low, dose seems to run rather high with 4-HO-DPT.

Yeah 4-HO-DPT's dose is pretty high, and in addition, it really is not very much like plain DPT at all. I can't imagine it producing an ego death type of experience, it's very chill and peaceful feeling at any dose I've tried it at.

Why does everyone seem to love this shit so much? It kinda sucks having to snort 40mg-50mg with that aweful drip, and unless you have grams oral ROA isn't very viable.

I think it's because the effects, if you can get them, are very nice indeed. For the record I don't find the drip much of a bother, it produces zero pain and it does take a while to dissolve since it's not very water-soluble at all but it tastes only mildly bad to me.

I want to try it orally next time perhaps. The dose isn't THAT high, maybe 100mg or something? Kaleida had a trip on it orally I know, she wrote a TR.

In low doses I felt like i snorted cocaine, almost felt like I wanted speed read a book. Higher doses I wanted to sleep, higher doses here I come.

It never burned to snort it, it just made me nauseous over like 10mg-15mg intranasally. Under that dosage I suppose it was cool to add to some LSD but otherwise I guess I'm just not a fan.

Last edited:
From what I've read, it seems that it's just a little less than half as potent orally vs nasally, which isn't really that bad. Also it apparently lasts a few hours longer orally, so it's really not a waste.

A good psychedelic experience is priceless. I think it's silly when people complain about how expensive a psychedelic is because they have to spend $10 to go on an 8 hour life-changing journey through their mind.

Hello guys!
I have tried it a few days ago in a dosage of 22mg intranasal. Not enough "Wow!" to write a trip report but there is a definite psychedelic effects noticed with that dose such as colors brightening, change of thoughts and moods, physical changes such as higher heart rate, sweating, stomach and chest disturbances. Started quite quickly, in about 15 minutes. The whole experience lasted about 4 hours prolonged by smoked cannabis throughout the trip.
I've tried it on an empty stomach with a clear mind and good set and setting but I didnt really enjoy it's effects. Im sure there's something interesting if you go deeper with a higher dosage with it but for me it produces too much of a negative side effects such as increased heart rate and increased blood pressure, weird chest pressure and few little sharp pains probably due to stomach disregulation and/or adrenaline rush, mild fleeting headache and feeling of a "stuffed head".
Going to do more trials with it trying oral administration as well as trying to combine it with extracted Harmaline which might prove interesting, something tells me...) Ill update the thread with the experiences!
Of all the propylated tryptamines Ive only tried 4-HO-MiPT and 4-HO-DPT now, but Im coming to the conclusion that all of them propylated will have a pronounced adrenergic effect on me which apparently I dont like. I have some DPT sitting and waiting for me to pay a visit and not sure how to arrange it now so I won't have the same negative effects. Maybe preload with some natural adrenaline blockers, like Rauwolfia Serpentina (sold as indian OTC med Cardimap)? But Rauwolfia Serpentina has an indole-based alkaloids so it might mess up with the head trip as well, dulling it too much.
Very unfortunate cause seems like some folks are really enjoying propylated trypts...
On the good note and off-topic, I've really "fallen in love" with 4-Aco-DET recently =D

I am very happy that all these compounds are still available and hoping for the best for RC industry and people's understanding of psychoactives, may the Blue Light of knowledge shines through all of us!

Why does everyone seem to love this shit so much? It kinda sucks having to snort 40mg-50mg with that aweful drip, and unless you have grams oral ROA isn't very viable.

You may as well take it oral - it's only about double and the amount isn't so relevant if your not that in love with it (and people are in love with alsorts - not alway applicable to someone else)

@volsam yeah orals where I'm interested for now - not keen on other routes unless it's the only way. Be very keen to hear about your hardline trials when they come; the stuff works and can add some of it's own magic

I tried this for the second time today. The first time I tried it I, snorted 25mg and found it underwhelming. This time, I took 80mg orally. It was much stronger this time, yet still felt unfulfilling. It was pretty intense at times, but it still felt like something was missing. After 4 or 5 hours, I snorted around 10mg of 4-HO-MET, which got me where I wanted to be.

Honestly, I'm kinda disappointed in 4-HO-DPT. It is pretty interesting, but it's very different from the other 4-sub tryptamines, and most psychedelics in general. It doesn't really give you a traditional "trip" like you would get from mushrooms or acid. I didn't really experience any euphoria, except maybe for some intense points during the peak of the trip. I have to agree with people who say it's most similar to DPT. It's the same type of trip, but with a different personality.

It doesn't feel "recreational" at all to me, but it does seem powerful. Like DPT, 4-HO-DPT feels very clear-headed, but then when it gets intense, you find yourself slipping away into hyperspace. I feel like it has the potential for a powerful breakthrough experience. I think this has a very steep dose response curve, where at a low dose you feel pretty sober, but reach a certain threshold and it becomes insanely intense. 80mg put me right on the edge of that point. At times I felt pretty sober, yet at certain times, it felt similar to ayahuasca. Take a low dose and it's not very visual, but take a high dose and you get intense DMT-like visuals.

I'm curious to see where 4-HO-DPT goes at high doses. I think that's the appeal of it, as it seems lacking at low doses. It's definitely not something you would use in the same way you would use other 4-sub tryptamines. I think around 100-120mg orally is probably where it becomes worthwhile.

I just tried vaporizing some 4-HO-DPT, and it is very effective. I mixed it with some baking soda in a spoon, then when I added a few drops of water, it started bubbling. Then I stirred it with a paperclip and heated it with a lighter to evaporate the water. It didn't form an oil like DPT, but instead shriveled up into a ball.

I put it into a freebase pipe and smoked a small amount. It wasn't much, maybe around 5mg. It took a few minutes to feel the full effects, which were stronger than I expected for how much I smoked. It wasn't that intense, but it came close to my first experience with it where I snorted 25mg. The effects were mostly gone within an hour. The duration seems similar to that of DPT. I think vaporizing might be the way to go for someone who wants a breakthrough experience on 4-HO-DPT.

The drawback to vaporizing is that it tastes pretty awful. I don't mind the taste of DPT that much, but this wasn't like DPT. It is much more chemical tasting, like chlorine or something, and the taste is stronger. It seems to stick to your tongue. I imagine it would be pretty bad for someone trying to vaporize a large dose.

God damn it now I need more to try vaporizing it... 5mg threshold dosage? Maybe now this can become something neat, but having to snort 40mg+ of this awful tasting powder and it's off my list for good. Probably won't ever try oral dosage with 80mg-100mg being needed.

I agree with those saying that snorting 4-HO-DPT sucks - it does suck and feels "dirty" to me. Smoking it sounds interesting, what kind of salt were you using cj187? Was that the fumarate? How much was the ratio of soda/4-HO-DPT and were you following the recipe for DPT freebasing? Were you heating the spoon? Maybe there is a way to get a better freebase out of it, I wonder if someone knows...8)
I will try it oral next time and will go for a 100mg pure or with 30mg combined with 120mg of harmala alkaloids. Will post my results! :)

I had the fumarate salt. I used 2 parts 4-HO-DPT to 1 part baking soda. I calculated the molar masses, which gives a ratio of 3.78 to 1, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to use an excess of baking soda. It reacted in seconds without heat, then I slowly heated the spoon with a lighter to evaporate the water. I would heat it a little bit at a time, then stir it, causing the 4-HO-DPT to clump up. I ended up with a lump of 4-HO-DPT paste in the middle of the spoon.

I'm starting to think that vaporization is a very effective method for all tryptamines. Most people say it's not very efficient for 4 substituted tryptamines, but I think that's just because they are normally found as salts. There are reports of people successfully vaporizing 4-HO-MPT that was sold as a freebase. I think I read somewhere that Alexander Shulgin tried vaporizing psilocybin or psilocin and it worked. I have vaporized metocin and miprocin in their fumarate salt forms and I got some effects, but less than if I had taken it orally. I think as a freebase it would work pretty well.