• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

bK-DMBDB ?

nearjat

Bluelighter
After a search I found out some basic chemical info on this compound, but nothing of its psychoactive effects. So I thought I'd come ask the geniuses here in ADD :)

I've heard mostly bad things about Butylone (bk-MBDB), mostly bad side effects outweighing the positive ones. How would this compound differ in effects? Duration? Dose? Toxicity?

Thanks!

Its the N,N-Dimethyl compound.Since the activity in the cathinon series is retained with N dialkylations (the pyrrolidinos,amfepramon/Dimethylcathinon etc) it can be expected bk-DMBDB will be an active compound.Serotonergic action though might be diminished even more.

I'm too lazy to look up the structure...could you provide at least a systematical name please, or better: a picture (use e.g. imageshack for hosting). That facilitates discussion a lot.

- Murphy

I think it is this one, murphy
bkd.gif

I can confirm that it is the structure that farmersuitickle posted.
At least that is the information I have received from my supplier.
Can also confirm that it is active.
Someone I know has tested it and said it is milder than Mephedrone and he would put it between Mephedrone and Methylone.
The effects he reported were: relaxed, clear headed, music appreciation, some euphoria, etc.

Effects started at 150mg, but he reported to have taken 250mg for full effects. User has some tolerance however.

There is also one report about this being a psychedelic and dose range should be 30mg, but I think this must be a mixup.

Will hopefully be able to do some testing myself in the near future, to confirm the information above.

Anyone else has experience with this compound?

^as Dread said: Both depicted compound are the same, the second one was only rotated around the alpha-beta-position. - Murphy

I have heard that this compound is not as strong as bk-MBDB... which is not strong to begin with... so i would stay away unless you have an especially keen interest in this.

Stay away from this substance, I snorted 250mg and got pretty extreme psychedelic effects not pleasant at all. It lasted over 24h and when I smoked some legal smoke mix about 2 days after bk-dmbdb I got a whole different effect from it and passed out for 1 hour. It really feels like this stuff messed up your brain for days after.

If I recall correctly, N,N-dimethyl versions of phenethylamines have lower potency, so it would be reasonable to predict that this chemical would be similar in effects but less potent.

No,

N,N-dimethylamphetamine is much below amphetamine in terms of activity, but N,N-dimethylcathinone is equipotent to cathinone (bk-amp).

But is it equipotent to methcathinone? Probably not. The comparison here is between bk-DMBDB and bk-MBDB, not bk-BDB (or bk-J)

MDPV has a tertiary amine, and it seems potent enough... The same rules don't always apply between PEA:s and bk-PEA:s.

Well, I personally think that MDPV is a little bit different because of the fact that its bound aromatically, but I'll reserve my judgement.

Bound aromatically?

No aromatic ring involving the amine. Pyrrole is aromatic, pyrrolidine isn't.

150px-MDPV.svg.png

MDPV.

See the the ring on the amine? Sorry, aromatic was the wrong word to use.