• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is there a way to speed up the removal of Subutex from your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ufotofu9

Bluelighter
Is there a way to speed up the removal of Subutex/Suboxone from your system?

More than once I have wanted to take a vacation from Subutex´s opiate partial-agonist effects so that it doesn´t block me from getting high from other opiates.

Believe me, more than once I have wasted precious Oxy´s by trying to overcome the blocked Opiate Receptor, to no avail.

So is there any way to get Subutex/Suboxone out of your system faster?

Thanks

No known ways that I know of besides taking the lowest dose possible and waiting at least 48-72 hours before doing any opiates.

I feel for ya man, i'm on suboxone so i know how bad it sucks.

Ya gotta start feelin the WDs, then it's time to get high.

Good luck :)

Well we´ve all had THIS happen to us:

None of our contacts have any Opiodes, so as a last resort you took a Subutex (by way of whatever your favorite method is).

Then the minute you´ve finished dissolving the Subutex, you get a call from your buddy telling you to come on over; he asks how many 80 mg Oxys you want? And your shit outtta luck for at least 24 hours, if not a full 72 hours.

Well, if we can put a man on the moon, don´t you think that we can figure out a way to quicken the release of Buprenorphine from the brain? .

Any ideas?

The I only way would be to speed up your metabolism which you need to get into shape.

^^^
Even still having a fast metabolism can only help so much. Buprenorphine has a very long half-life in practically everyone takes it. It just seems to be the way it is :(

I don't know anyway to speed up the removal of bupe, but I have found some opiates are better at breaking through than others.
IME oxycodone and hydrocodone are pretty shitty at breaking through and fentanyl, methadone, poppy pod tea and heroin are much better at breaking through. Actually by smoking fentanyl i've broken through an 8mg (which i took about 12 hours prior).
But as far as OC's go, I need to wait at least 36 hours to really feel it and at least 48 hours to make it worth it. and even after 48 hours it's not worth feeling shitty for 2 days to get high for 4 hours. :\

Looks like no dice on any remedy to eliminate Buprenorphine more quickly. But I´m shocked that no Blueligher mentioned Grapefruit Juice :)

I posted tis thread b/c it happened to me yesterday afternoon. The Subutex was nearly fully dissolved when who should call? Mu buddy asking me how 80 mg OC´s I wanted for the night.

Well I got three 80 mg OCs and, as many of you can probably relate, I told myself that I would save them for Saturday night (ha!). Needless, fucking absolutely needless to say, I ended up snorting and eating 160 mg. I got kinda like this great little effect; not Oxy´s full potential by a long-shot, and possibly a little bit of Oxxy got through, plus the placebo effect. Now since I don´t get Oxy´s all that often, I don´t have too much of a tolerance, but it´´s higher than average. I usually bump 20 mgs and Bob´s your uncle--I´m nodding like Hugh Grant.

Now if we do our math right I did 160 mgs last night, which leaves me with one fill for today. I loaded up with a few glasses of Grapefruit juice and Tagament, parachuted about 60mgs before dinner and bumped 2o mg for dessert.

But this post isn´t meant to be a trip report, so I´ll just ask again if anyone know of any way to get the mu receptors empty of Buprenorphine quicker. And I´ll also say for harm reduction´s sake that drying to defeat the Subutex by taking a much higher dose is a horrible idea. I could hear my breathing slow down.

Be careful

Ok grapefruit juice will keep bupe in ur system longer as the juice has a bunch of crap that just loads ur liver up so the breakdown of bupe kinda gets put on the backburner so to speak.

without precipitating withdrawals i don't believe its possible. bupe has a really high affinity for opiate receptors, hence the trick that abusers have discovered in its other formulation (suboxone) of IV'ing it and not experiencing the naloxone due to the bupe's overpowering effects (which is not suppose to be possible) good luck to you, i'd say drink alot of water and maybe some niacin to flush your system?

Well, I never studied chemistry besides for high school, let alone pharmacology. Most of what I have learned about the subject has come from reading sites like bluelight and cannabiscafe.com, which is like the blue light of Spain.

But as far as I understand it, Buprenorphine , a partial antagonist, fills the Opiate Receptors with a Receptor Antagonist, thus occupying the Opiate Receptors and keeping other Opioids like Oxycontin or Heroin out, thus rendering this Opioids Receptor Agonists (the pleasurable Opioids) mostly out and keeping you from getting High.

But I guess since Buprenorphine is a Partial Antagonist, some of the initial Buprenorphine is an agonist and thus pleasurable until most of the Receptors are blocked by the Antagonist part.

So if you wanna get high from an Opioid, you hafta wait until all of the Receptor Antagonists in the Buprenorphine are out of your system, which for me can be three days.

So I´m still wondering if anyone has an idea about how to speed up the removal of the Antagonist in Buprenorphine sooner.

And BTW, he grapefruit thing I said was meant as a joke, because, like, everyone always talks about grapefruit for potentiation and stuff....har har.

Bupe is a partial agonist and an antagonist. There's no way to make it go from being an antagonist into an full agonist, because that's not what it is. Basically it's doing both at the same time.

None of our contacts have any Opiodes, so as a last resort you took a Subutex (by way of whatever your favorite method is).

Then the minute you´ve finished dissolving the Subutex, you get a call from your buddy telling you to come on over; he asks how many 80 mg Oxys you want? And your shit outtta luck for at least 24 hours, if not a full 72 hours.
Any ideas?

if uve taken subs b4 for oxy WD, this has happened to u

The I only way would be to speed up your metabolism which you need to get into shape.

My metabolism is fucking ridiculous. I CANNOT gain wieght, and I can get weed out of my system in two or three days. But not Bupe! God damnit, it makes me mad! I would think my body could get it out fast, but NOOOO. It's AT LEAST 24 hours before I can get high... If not 48. If anyone can find a way, that'd be fucking awesome.

Subutex and kicking

I had a massive heroin habit 20 years ago and was clean for those years. Recently, due to a club I ran, partying and Narcos to Oxy to lines of H I developed a habit of course. Small but a habit.
You guys scare the shit out of me with all this "your fucked with Subutex". I feel like at this .25 level if I jump off I'm gonna get sick as a dog.

I've used it like 3 times to decrease to practically zero. I refuse to believe any scientific explanation that if you detox down to like a .001mg invisible piece of Sub that your going to feel a massive jump off jones or PAWS. It doesn't compute. Maybe if you are doing Suboxone for an obvious reason.

I'd also like to ask how active people are on this forum? Like does anyone exercise and is your diet something other than all the sugar junkies start eating after a time?....yea like it or not exercise gets you there fastest.

Are people who stay on these forums people who stay pretty interested in dope and are there a ton of people who kicked successfully using Sub that just aren't interested enough to write?

Small doses and not a lot of weeks on the shit is probably the trick. I also find, that I am just as uncomfortable switching over from H with 12 or 20 mg as a smaller dose. Once it kicks in and I'm leveled off, I don't hardly feel a 2 week drop down to like 1 mg. Why put so much of the shit in your system?

Yea if your doing 16 mg plus a day for 3 years, you probably are somewhere else with it.

I don't want to sound like a know it all....but really....is there not one positive story here about kicking with this stuff or we all screwed?

this made me laugh so fucking hard but it's really not funny at all when it happens. because trust me, it has happened more times than i care to remember. :(

Hi,

i wanna bump this thread.

Bupe suckssss. Worst drug. Like Bavaman said, " refuse to believe any scientific explanation that if you detox down to like a .001mg invisible piece of Sub that your going to feel a massive jump off jones or PAWS. It doesn't compute."

I was on it for pain, and now that I know longer need Subutex I want to quit, but I can't no matter how much I titrate. I was LICKING a 2 mg tab every other day for a week, and when I fully stopped I went through withdrawals.

I think that for me I could hack it with a short acting opioid agonist like dihyrocodeine, which has been show to be just as effective as Methadone for detox in the U.K.

My doc said it was an unconventional but good idea, but when he looked it up on the internet he told me that he can only prescribe Bupe and Methadone for detox. So he can Rx two very very powerful opioids which are impossible to get off of, but he can't prescribe a weak, short acting opioid. Fuck!

Anyways, I think that I will start using Poppy Pod Tea to substitute the Bupe. Hopefully over time the PPT will mask the Bupe withdrawal and than I'll be able to taper down the PPT which, as any Bupe user knows, is a lot easier than Bupe.

I WOULD use Dihyrocodeine to taper, but apparently it's not legal to prescribe for detox. It IS legal to prescribe for pain, however, but I don't wanna be a sketchball and start lying to pain doctors about my migraines or some white trash bullshit like that.

FUCK bureaucracy!

Not that i know of, i still chip from time to time and i have to wait AT LEAST 2 days to feel the opiate i am using. I took a day off from my suboxone and snorted 4 OC80's....barely got high...had to throw in some valium to the mix to get a good nod on. Very surprised at that. I figured 320mgs of oxycodone could break through the 16mgs of suboxone i take daily but it didnt. I should have waited another day.

I think that for me I could hack it with a short acting opioid agonist like dihyrocodeine, which has been show to be just as effective as Methadone for detox in the U.K.

My doc said it was an unconventional but good idea, but when he looked it up on the internet he told me that he can only prescribe Bupe and Methadone for detox. So he can Rx two very very powerful opioids which are impossible to get off of, but he can't prescribe a weak, short acting opioid. Fuck!

I've been wanting to do this too....
I wasn't able to stay on Buprenorphine because the feeling it gave wasn't close enough to the full-agonists so I'd crumble every time and end up back on H. :|
So, It looks like it's gunna have to be Methadone, which I don't really want to do due to the difficulty of getting off it.
But I'm thinking that when I'm tapering from Methadone, get down to the lowest dose I can and then switch over to Codeine Phosphate 30mg tablets if I can.
This would be so much easier to do than just staying on M-Done and jumping straight off it.
I really hope I can.

It would be much better if I could jump from Subs onto dihydrocodiene so that I wouldn't notice the w/ds, In the end DHC would be A HELL OF A LOT EASIER TO TAPER FROM THAN FUCKING BUPE.

My psychologist told me today that if my Psychiatrist wasn't willing to script me DHC to taper with than perhaps one of the several teaching hospitals in my area has an outpatient addiction psychiatry department in which they may be more experimental with their detox approaches.

But given that my Psychiatrist knows that I have no history of opioid addiction, I was surprised that he wouldn't at the very least recommend me to someone who would.

I mean it makes so send to only prescribe powerful narcotics and deny relatively weaker ones like DHC.

Is that really the law in the U.S? That Psychs are only allowed to Rx Methadone and Bupe for opioid detox? That sounds a) rather fishy to me and b) very typical of drug policy in the U.S

In either case I've not taken Subutex for a week now, replacing it with Poppy Pod Tea. It works great but OH MY GOD does it hurt to shit. I mean, I can't even think about it right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.