• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What's a safe pipe screen I can use?

smoking-aces

Bluelighter
Well, I wanted to hit up the bong again. And I would make my own, with a labware flask and my pipe. Unfortunatly, I need a screen, and cannot go anywhere to buy them at the moment. Can I use the window screen? Not sure if it would be safe. Any suggestions for homemade pipe screen?

id say foil is ok for OCCASIONALLL use but this IS a harm reduction forum.... im gonna say thinly sliced fruit with holes haha

window screen = negative.

try getting a screen from one of your sink faucets. fair warning, though, it might make the water come out a lot faster than before.

^^that's^^ the safest one i can think of if you can't go buy one, but you could always make a soda can bowl and use scissors or a knife to slice out the bowl/screen part and use that in your bong. it's not exactly the healthiest way to smoke, but i've done it hundreds of times with no adverse effects that i know of.

edit: or if you have a wire-strainer like this:

Wire_Strainer.jpg

you can always cut your own custom-sized screens out of it. i've done that a few times before and it's just like a regular screen.

Last edited:
window screen = negative.

try getting a screen from one of your sink faucets. fair warning, though, it might make the water come out a lot faster than before.

^^that's^^ the safest one i can think of if you can't go buy one, but you could always make a soda can bowl and use scissors or a knife to slice out the bowl/screen part and use that in your bong. it's not exactly the healthiest way to smoke, but i've done it hundreds of times with no adverse effects that i know of.

edit: or if you have a wire-strainer like this:

Wire_Strainer.jpg

you can always cut your own custom-sized screens out of it. i've done that a few times before and it's just like a regular screen.

Oh yeah! That's perfect, thanks.
It's not like I would use it everyday either, it's a 1 time thing.

i loled when you said "window screen" =D
it's pretty cheap and usually sold at corner/gas stores unless you are underage
alternativly, go to any hardware store buy faucet screens for really cheap

You can goto the local head shop and buy a pack of 20 for $7 or so. They usually have different sizes.

So I've heard.8)

You can goto the local head shop and buy a pack of 20 for $7 or so. They usually have different sizes.

So I've heard.8)

not if you can't go buy one at the moment like he said he couldn't. 8)

Apparently small pebbles work, as long as they're bigger than the hole at the bottom of the bowl

yeah take a glass beer bottle and break it find a little chip that blocks the hole a bit but does not go through, just like a pebble, but with glass.

not if you can't go buy one at the moment like he said he couldn't. 8)

Nah, that's just because he was stoned when he posted originally. Only a true stoner would think about tearing a piece of window screen out to use in his bong.
Done there, been that.=D

yeah take a glass beer bottle and break it find a little chip that blocks the hole a bit but does not go through, just like a pebble, but with glass.

...why the hell would you do that when you could just go out of your house for 8 seconds and find a pebble?

one thing i've done in the past is just taking a bit of stem and chewing on it for 10 seconds or so (you could probably use water if you think that's gross) . . then i kinda fold it up and put it in the bowl. if you're only taking a few hits (like w/ a bong), you won't end up burning the stem.

on some water fawsets they have sceens to make the water come out without spaying everywhere some of them scew off i used one for a water bong no prob

I'm actually looking for a pebble to replace a burnt out screen lol

...why the hell would you do that when you could just go out of your house for 8 seconds and find a pebble?

i guess it would just be for peace of mind. I think a fresh glass shard is more appetizing in my bowl than some dirty ass little pebble. And its fun to break glass so why not have some fun while making something useful? i was just stating something that hadn't been said yet.

Maybe there aren't any pebbles around my house.... why do you have to suck?:p

Ok, this is a shitty problem, because half of all the stoners are to lazy to go buy a 1$ screen at the smoke shop 30 minutes away. But all you have to do is this......

-Go into your bathroom
-Find the sink
-Find the tap
-Unscrew the bottom peice of the tap(Where the water comes out).
-If you smart enough to unscrew it take the peice and there will be about 2-3 screens inside. The same ones you buy at the smoke shops.

-if your sink thing dosn't come off, just wait till you in a bathroom at a restaraunt and take the screen for the sink there or ask a freind to get one from his sink.

Ok, this is a shitty problem, because half of all the stoners are to lazy to go buy a 1$ screen at the smoke shop 30 minutes away. But all you have to do is this......

-Go into your bathroom
-Find the sink
-Find the tap
-Unscrew the bottom peice of the tap(Where the water comes out).
-If you smart enough to unscrew it take the peice and there will be about 2-3 screens inside. The same ones you buy at the smoke shops.

-if your sink thing dosn't come off, just wait till you in a bathroom at a restaraunt and take the screen for the sink there or ask a freind to get one from his sink.

i don't think its laziness.. it's just the plain act of being practical.. you don't need a metal screen