• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Drug Slang! [MegaThread]

Nope.....

Think about it. i dont know of any slang that comes from a technical or knoledge aspect of a drug.

That aint the way shit gets. people make up a name, abbreviate a name, no one is gonna call weed dope cuz it release dopamine.....and second of all dope refers to many different things, shit, to some people "dope" is the word for any and all drugs. dopeheads (heron) know that heroin and heroin only, is dope, and thats all. but to many ppl its different.

but still, no one calls E "sero" cuz it releases serotonin.....

where the word "yay" come from? spanish for cocaine, "llello"...gave way to "yayo" gave way to "yay"

Slang aint a technical game...

Heroin was a brand name just like Percocet is or Valvoline oil or Mobil gas or Saltine crackers. people make the names for certain things to put imaged in your head. maybe it aint consciously, cuz the word is a made up word. but it has connotations.

I would believe the story of "heroine" to "heroin" trying to give it a tag name, something that would stick, give images of a strong woman just doin her job and her "little helper" much sooner than "dope" cuz it releases dopamine.

Anyways they knew of heroin before they knew of dopamine...shiit....also, think about it. slang dont come from scientists. lots of educated peoples on here know these things bout the chemistry NOW. but the term "dope" been used for such a long time, long before it was common knowledge of what chemicals were released in the brain by certain drugs.

just what im thinkin

I am from the UK, and round here, I enquired about meth, and people quite often thought I ment methadone, I actually had to explain to them, that I meant methamphetamine.

That is why so much drug slang, is a pain in the arse, if you made say, that same remark about sky, to me, in a conversation, woulda shot right over my head and away=D (not a personal attack, just a comment on slang in general)

Here is my references to the 420 explanation

Drugs Derived from Cannabis Sativa

The FDA approved a component of cannabis sativa in the mid-1980’s for treating the nausea related to cancer chemotherapy and for AIDS wasting syndrome. This component is dronabinol (commonly known as Marinol). Marinol is a synthesized form of tetrahydrocannabinol-9, or THC, which is one cannabinoid, or element in marijuana. It is also one of the most active ingredients in marijuana, and is responsible for the “high” that one feels when smoking. Though legally available as prescribed by a licensed physician, the effectiveness of THC is still one which troubles many doctors. In a survey of oncologists, Schwartz et al found that Marinol placed last among drugs to assist in cancer chemotherapy and AIDS wasting.(6)

There are over 420 other cannabinoids in the cannabis sativa plant (though marijuana smoke contains over 2000 chemicals). Many of them have yet to be researched, and there is growing consensus – among smoked medical marijuana advocates and opponents – that more research should be conducted into the other components of cannabis sativa.(7)

(6) Schwartz RH, Voth EA. Marijuana as an antiemetic drug: how useful is it today? Opinions from clinical oncologists. J Addict Dis. 1994; 13:53-65
(7) Dupont RL. Perspectives on Medical Marijuana. 20 Jan 1999.​

Marujuana - Greenery, Gas, fire, Doja (doe-jya) Can't spell the shit just know how to say it
Coke - Yayo, toot ,
Ecstacy - tabs , Jigga's , power ups
When I call for something it usually goes "Hey you got any of them deals" "yea" "ok I'll stop by"

As I understand it, the name "heroin" came from its creators, as it made them feel heroic (heroisch(?) in german, i think).

Aight then....if there OVER 420 compounds in marijuana...then why is the time 420?
come ONNNN MAN! liek fuckin teenage stoners would know the 420 compounds in weed anyways? it goes back to what i said before abotu eh dopamine.

Dawg this been discussed so many times. somee fuckin stoners in cali all smoked at 4 20 everyday and it became their slang for smoking liek a code, liek 187. then other people heard it and it spread on.

coke-yay, snow, white guy, blow, magical wake up solution(IV)

Herion- Ron, Dope

Weed- Trees

Xanex- Retard Pills

Lsd- cid

Mushrooms- The Fun Guy, Fungus, The Fungus in amung us

woah , lots of slangs there./... I don't use a lot of slangs , but I like "Horse" for H.

marijuana:

oregano
mull
pot
weed
hooja (rarely)

mdma:

sandwiches
pills
biccies (rarely)

meth:

spirits

LSD:

acid
dilbert

lacey k said:
Aight then....if there OVER 420 compounds in marijuana...then why is the time 420?
come ONNNN MAN! liek fuckin teenage stoners would know the 420 compounds in weed anyways? it goes back to what i said before abotu eh dopamine.

Dawg this been discussed so many times. somee fuckin stoners in cali all smoked at 4 20 everyday and it became their slang for smoking liek a code, liek 187. then other people heard it and it spread on.

I so wish I could be right all the time like you

Hahah. Who knows where 420 came from.

Besides, I heard that alot of NeoNazis smoke marijuana and they did it in honour of their Fuhrer.

brainiacthemaniac said:
I so wish I could be right all the time like you

fuck you man, all im sayin is how i see it.

dont be a bitch about it just cuz i dont agree with you, comin on the sarcastic trip and being a smartass about it, its nothin even worth carin about. what i said had nothin to do with you personally....

i still dot think thats where it came from but it aint like i really give a fuck.

Dutch doop, sauce, from doopen, to dip.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
doper n.
Regional Note: Before it came to mean "a narcotic or narcotics considered as a group," dope was borrowed into English from the Dutch word doop, "sauce." Throughout the 19th century it meant "gravy." In the North Midland United States, particularly Ohio, dope is still heard as the term for a topping for ice cream, such as syrup or a chocolate or fruit sauce. In the South, particularly in South Carolina, dope means "a cola-flavored soft drink." The term might be related to the Northern usage as a reference to the sweet syrup base of a cola drink. However, folk wisdom has it that dope recalls the inclusion of minute amounts of cocaine in the original Atlanta recipe for Coca-Cola, which was named after this exotic ingredient.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/d/d0343300.html

And now you know.

I always thought that 420 came from the date 4/20, which in America is National Smoke Out Day, which is supposed to be a day for ppl not to smoke cigarettes.

weed: creeper (specific to the type of weed you smoke and don't feel much for a bit, then get stoned off your ass suddenly)

heroin: heroin
meth: methamphetamine
weed: cannabis

im not much for creativity i guess :)

Heroin --> bruin (brown)

Crack ---> wit (white)

weed --> skunk

pills --> ketsters (xtc)

marijuana:

Grass. than other people starting saying it in front of me. My attitude of the slang "Being unique and retro" turned into "this is stupid and there is a reason it isn't said anymore"

so nomally: weed., sometimes green or pot. my friends says trees and I find it annoying.