• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Drug Slang! [MegaThread]

qwe said:
^yeah forgot abuot that. how do companies come up with brand names?

Whatever they think will sell the product. Heroin was used as a cough sedative for awhile. I'd guess they figured that the word "heroine" had a positive implication that would assure people that it could help them with their aliments (Obviously they went with an alternative spelling).

here in Aus a slang term for MDMA pills is "googs", which is also a used for eggs, i cant remember how it got used for pills here, but im sure its related to the dilation of the eyes.

Marijuana: I usually call weed or pot. Use tons of different slang, but those two are the most used by me.

Speed/coke: I just call it "Shit" cause that's what it is, and no one except the dealer I have on the phone will know what I'm refering to.

LSD: Me and my friends call it Lucille, so tripping is "Hanging out with lucille" Told my parents that one a few times, lol!
When talking to my dealer it's "tickets", "Got any tickets to your next concert?"

Edit: BC Canada

Last edited:
kind of off topic but the word hippie comes from the late 1800's when people would lay around and smoke opium and rest the pipe on there hip after doing this for long periods of time they would develop a hip problem

It was early 1900s America. But thats not that big of a difference.

My English teacher was talking about hip, and that hip came from some African word that was similiar (or the same) that meant something. Forgot what.

Then I raised my hand. That was interesting. Interesting to note that the topic of our discussion though was a short story involving a guy previously addicted to heroin.

Forgot to answer the thread question.

Ecstasy was named by a guy who started selling ecstasy in large amounts. Not sure exactly if he continuted to sell when it was made illegal, or if he started right after it was illegalized. But anyways, to paraphrase him, "Emphathy is more suitable, but ecstasy was more marketable of a name".

Acid, my guess is that it is because LSD is an acid. Whic it is.

Alot of it is obvious. Crack cracks. Meth, from methamphetamine. Et cetera.

I once read somewhere that "420" came from the 420 different cannabinoids in delta-9 tetrahydracannabinol. I wish I could find the link, hell it may have been here...

Doubt it. Maybe with all the isomers.... but still doubt it.

There is alot of shit about 420. Hitler, best time to smoke, et cetera.

420 is from a group of dead heads in califorinia. It just really reallly caught on.

they call it dope, because who uses it, DOPES.

Mom-"why do you think they call it dope michael."

i always thought that 420 was about earth day it also happens to be the date that you plant herb outside in cali.for me 420 is the time every day when you smoke a bowl and meditate on the collective energy of knowing that a whole bunch of other people are smoking out at the same time.8) 8) {i know hippie shit }8) 8)

here in my town on fri we have a reggae show on the radio and at 420 the dj plays the sound of a match being lit and the gurgle of a bong rip.fridays rock at 1pm i do a dead show on the radio for two hours followed by two hours of reggae good times for sure.:)

Crack - when you hit it it crackles

Cookie - from cookup - crack, easy to see this, cooked up crack is rock

Ready - made, ready to sell, ready to smoke, already cooked up coke.

work - easy to see that one (for crack)

chrlefxtrt said:
norman, oklahoma

marijauna= bud, green, and good ole pot
oxycontin= oc, green babies(80's) the bible thumpers around here call it
hillbilly heroin
lortab= lories, hydros, tabs, lillys
dilaudid= dillies, 4ks, deke
vicodin= vickies
soma= crap, waste of script paper (personal opinion)
valium= baptist bourbon, blues(10mg)
any cough syrup= surp, juice
mushrooms= shrooms
lsd= cid (which i miss intensly, cannot get here anymore)
cocaine= sugar, yayo, white
amphetemines= go fasts, addies, stay awakes

Them Faggots in normon roll them joints all wrong.

I very seldom use any slang that isn't totally well known on the most part.

Methamp/meth to describe methamphetamine, or speed, if light-heartedly discussing things.

If talking about the 2C-T-X series, I often abbreviate it to T-7, T-4 for instance, when it is totally clear what is being talked about.

Weed, I either call it weed, or pot, the term "dope" pisses me off, with the implications it carries.

LSD/acid, is a more or less omniprescent term nowadays, so I use that.

When talking about psilocybin mushrooms, its either "shrooms" or mushrooms, or the common/scientific names for the ibotenic acid/muscimol type things.

I just like to be prescise and avoid confusion really.

-Marijuana-

weed
trees
grass
herb
hizzerb
schmoke
blaze

-Cocaine-
yay
yayo
blow
nose candy
white
cizzoke

-mushrooms-

boomers
booms
mushies
fungus
psilly
psilocybin
caps

-lsd-

lucy
acid
lsd
tabs
blotter
liquid

-Extacy-

rolls
beans
Sextacy (sex+extacy)
ex
e
meth-bombs
crappy ass pills
hole makers
waste of money ;)

-Crack-

crack
rocks
rock
crizzack

i'm in upstate ny...what i say most often is:

marijuana:
herb
trees
weed

cocaine:
coke
yay
yayo
blow
sugar
white
there's a lot for coke when on the phone too...ie, "how's your white bitch?" and obviously shit like, going on ski trips, taking a trip to aspen, etc.

mushrooms:
shrooms
fun guys (fungi, duh lol)

lsd:
acid
cid (also uncle cid)
lucy

mdma:
pills
beans
little round guys (mostly only on phone)
hard candy (mostly only on phone)

crack:
rock

meth:
ice
crank
glass
tina
crystal

heroin:
smack
dope
h
ron

ketamine:
k
kitty
on the phone, we talk about picking up cats, having a litter of kittens, etc. as for lick of k vs. already cooked powder k, talk about wet vs. dry cat food

research chemicals
the most recent one to hit us is 2ci, so its basically just on the phone, we mention, "to see or not to see..."

we also do the names thing...either the first letter of the name of the drug or for mdma we're hanging out with mandy, diane, mike, and adam, or just hanging out with adam.

Last edited:
South UK

Marijuana - Weed, green, ganj, puff, bud, skunk.

Hash - Solid, squalid, soap, draw, pot, rocky.

Cocaine - Coke, charlie, chop, ching, kuff, posh, posh bits, charlsburg, powder.

Ecstacy - Beans, pills, little ones, little fellas, E's, beanos, crystal (for pure MDMA).

Amphetamine - Phet, whizz, billy, base, speed, amp, fast, paste, putty.

LSD - Acid, tabs, trips.

Ketamine - Special K, K, Ket.

Magic mushrooms - Shrooms, mushies, funky fungus.

Last edited:
i thought it was called DOPE becasue weed releases DOPAMINE in the brain.

oh well, guess everyone has their own idea.

i dont think the heroin name came from the women though. but thats just my opinion.

weed - dro, dank, kill, green

coke - white, white girl, yay, yayo, powder, blow

Ecstacy - E, tabs, rolls, pills

meth - tweak, shards, glass, ice

heroin - tar, H

houston, tx

Meth we usually call meth. but sometimes in conversation imma say something like...."I heard the skys a whole nother color down in south jersey" or some shit...meaning ''they got some good ass pure meth down there or so i heard.''

iunow if anyone else calls that shit "sky" when its like almost completely pure but thas the word around here.

Meth aint big here at all. i hardly ever see that shit and thas a good thing, i aint about it.

but thats the reason i aint calling it shit like yall. "xtal" "tina" "cris" etc whateva , i heard many names, but all of them come from familiarity. i got no reason to say nothing but "meth" for the most part.

The more you do a drug the more names you be callin it.