• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Orgasms that drain you... badly.(Health issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Healthy weight and height chart

So calm down guys, no ones attacking anyone, disagreement of views

That's right. Nobody is trying to attack anybody for their weight. I certainly am not at least. I also was very underweight I know how painful existence can be when you are tiny with very small muscles, all bones exposed to the environment. Everytime you run into something or fall or whatever, it hurts, a lot more than it would if you had muscle and a little fat covering you.

That weight calculator is OK, but there are better ones. I'm trying to find the athletic weight calculator I prefer...it shifts the weights up even further (since athletes should have more muscle). I think we should all shoot for the ideal (athletic conditioning).

Lastly, RhythmSpring, about this 'gorging' thing you are talking about. It makes no sense. Think about it like this. You probably eat 1,500-2,000 calories a day, MAYBE at your bodyweight. Gaining weight isn't about gorging. In fact that sounds very unhealthy. Gaining weight is about systematically eating above the required calories you need per day. This is a month-long timeline. You can't think in single 'gorge' sessions...thats ridiculous. You have to consistently eat 3-500 calories above maintenance.

Consider this: if you eat 500 calories above your maintenance every day then after a week you will have had 3,500 calories above maintenance. 3,500 calories = 1 pound. That means you will gain 1 pound of weight. Simple physics. Now continue to do that for 4 weeks and you will have a 4 pound gain. We're not talking huge numbers here, just slow steady HEALTHY gain (read NO GORGING). I hear people say they are 'hard gainers' and they simply cannot gain weight, no matter how hard they try. Well, you know what!? Thats a defense mechanism, buddy! Your body does not defy the laws of physics. If calories in > calories expended, then you WILL gain weight. Its all about reprogramming your mind to realize that what you are consuming now is not enough to sustain a healthy human body (its obvious because your weight has dropped so drastically for a 5'10" person).

Its up to you with your daily life how that weight gain is added. If you are lifting and being moderately active then most of that gain will be added as lean muscle mass. If you sit at the computer all day and do nothing, then of course that weight gain will be mostly fat.

We're not talking huge numbers here, just slow steady HEALTHY gain (read NO GORGING). I hear people say they are 'hard gainers' and they simply cannot gain weight, no matter how hard they try. Well, you know what!? Thats a defense mechanism, buddy! Your body does not defy the laws of physics. If calories in > calories expended, then you WILL gain weight.
That's wrong. It's been shown that every individual has a "set point" weight, and the body will adreadyjust to stay there, by burning the extra calories and expelling more waste. Muscle development can add perhaps a few pounds, but those will go away if you stop working out.

^ Thank you. Metabolisms just differ from person to person. If I were to eat lots of calories now, I'd probably just get a big gut, not gain any body fat or muscle. That's just how it works. I don't really think this'll have much impact on my post-ejaculatory state anyway.

I can blow 4 times a day and be pretty much sweet...try taking vitamin supplements... 60 days in between blows....fuck me!

That's wrong. It's been shown that every individual has a "set point" weight, and the body will adreadyjust to stay there, by burning the extra calories and expelling more waste. Muscle development can add perhaps a few pounds, but those will go away if you stop working out.

bullfuckingshit

Hey, instead of just making this a 'uh huh!' 'nu-unh!' back and forth, show us some linkage. Or some personal anecdotes. I recognize the importance of exercise.

You say if calories in > calories expended = weight gain, I've tried that and it just doesn't happen. Sorry! I haven't been getting much exercise, and I've been eating a lot, so I'm sure I fit that equation. Yet, I am still at 120. If I end up weighing a few pounds extra, usually it's because I'm about to poop and I've just eaten a lot. Metabolisms DIFFER. A LOT. Geez, this is frustrating. Open your mind to these possibilities.

If this thread fails to get back on topic I'm perfectly fine with it being locked or moved to Healthy Living, where this tangent seems to belong.

I am agreeing with you Rhytm, this is more than likely a health related issue...so we will transfer it to Healthy Living and hope for some more input.

<-------------------- Transfer to Healthy Living

Hey, instead of just making this a 'uh huh!' 'nu-unh!' back and forth, show us some linkage. Or some personal anecdotes. I recognize the importance of exercise.

You say if calories in > calories expended = weight gain, I've tried that and it just doesn't happen. Sorry! I haven't been getting much exercise, and I've been eating a lot, so I'm sure I fit that equation. Yet, I am still at 120. If I end up weighing a few pounds extra, usually it's because I'm about to poop and I've just eaten a lot. Metabolisms DIFFER. A LOT. Geez, this is frustrating. Open your mind to these possibilities.

If this thread fails to get back on topic I'm perfectly fine with it being locked or moved to Healthy Living, where this tangent seems to belong.
The only reason I'm hounding you is because I was exactly the same way three years ago. I just thought I was totally unique from other people...I blamed it on my low testosterone, my high metabolism, my habits as a young child...dude I even blamed it on a possible tapeworm! 8o

You're only fucking yourself over if you continue to deny that even if you eat over maintenance you won't gain. If you tried in the past to eat above maintenance and you didn't gain (not even fat if you weren't doing lifting right), then you know what? You WERE NOT EATING ABOVE MAINTENANCE.

You're not exceptional here bro. You're just a skinny fucking dude that is used to eating jack shit during the day.

I'm done here though because you seem to have a psychological block to accepting this. So get some therapy or something is my final suggestion.

good luck

Consider this: if you eat 500 calories above your maintenance every day then after a week you will have had 3,500 calories above maintenance. 3,500 calories = 1 pound. That means you will gain 1 pound of weight. Simple physics
Could you please explain how this works, because a kilocalorie is a unit of energy, not weight.
Not saying I dont believe you, I just dont know much about this subject.

a pound of bodyweight is about 3,500 calories. Eat a deficit of 3,500 then you're going to lose a pound. Eat 3,500 above maintenance then you're going to gain a pound. You're like any other 'closed' system that can allow energy to enter: when this happens the system gains mass. Same principle applies to your terrarium as it does your body. If you consume 3,500 calories above what you need then your body will either store it as fat or convert it into muscle mass. The latter if you are doing things like deadlifting and benching and squatting. The former if you are just overeating and surfing your couch (like most of the US).

Its ridiculous to keep denying that this is not true for oneself. Thats why I suggest anybody that obstinately does so has mental issues about their bodyweight (mental issue with bodyweight!? how UNIQUE!! 8)) and I'm not the best person to talk to in that case (a professional therapist would be better). I'll tell it like it is though if you'd like to know a little more about weight gain and working out. But I don't pat babies on the back and tell them they are special.

DHYANA is 100% correct in everything he's said here. There is no such thing as a hard gainer. We are all very similar biologically (99.99999% so).

Make a log of what you are eating. If you are seriously eating 3-4,000 calories a day while lifting weights and still not gaining then I will believe you. But you simply aren't eating as much as you think you are. Trust me. I eat 4,000 and up to 8,000 calories a day. It is much MUCH more food than people will ever understand. Most people are like pigeons when it comes to food and don't gain and sit there and think they are some kind of special hard gainer when the truth is that they simply aren't eating nearly enough.

I measure what I eat in POUNDS. Last night my dinner was 2 kabasa, 3 POUNDS of red potatoes, and 8 eggs. I had already eaten 3 hours before that and ate again 3 hours later. And I'm still only at maintenance for my body!! (I am having issues just maintaining 260 and not losing)

As an aside:
1. Semen contains a small amount of protein and a bit of nutrients. Its NOT anywhere close to 3 meals worth of energy and stuff. I blow all the damn time and it doesn't affect me at all. The physiological effect you're having is exactly what DHYANA described - prolactin release and its immediate and long term effects on your endocrine system.

2. You are both underweight. If your 5'10 and 120 or 6'1 and 150 or whatever you're underweight.

3. The body most certainly does not have a set weight point that's only impacted by exercise. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What would explain all the overweight people walking around? They were just born to be fat? No. They are eating over maintenance and not exercising.

4. Anybody can become big and strong. There's like 1 person in a thousand who may have a legitimate issue with weight (hyperthyroidism) but the rest of us are built the same and if you eat over maintenance and lift 3-4 days a week to exhaustion on 1-2 muscle groups with good form and consistency you will gain. shit I was 6'4" 200ish pounds (maybe lower). I looked like a big skeleton. I started working out and eating like crazy and put on over 75 lbs and lowered my body fat over the course of just 18 months. People thought I was on steroids (I was asked every single day) but it was all simply diet and exercise. I'm not some superhuman I just work super super hard at it. I've since lost 15 lbs (down to 260 from 275), guess why? I lowered my calorie intake by about 1000 cals a day and thus, lost about 2 lbs a week for a couple months and have somewhat stabilized now and am starting to gain again since I'm eating over maintenance again.

Last edited:
^ post that nonsense in the philosophy and spirituality forum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolactin

Here is what you are experiencing.

Prolactin provides the body with sexual gratification after sexual acts: The hormone counteracts the effect of dopamine, which is responsible for sexual arousal. This is thought to cause the sexual refractory period.[3] The amount of prolactin can be an indicator for the amount of sexual satisfaction and relaxation. Unusually high amounts are suspected to be responsible for impotence and loss of libido (see hyperprolactinemia Symptoms). Prolactin also stimulates proliferation of oligodendrocyte precursor cells. These cells differentiate into oligodendrocytes, the cells responsible for the formation of myelin coatings on axons in the central nervous system.[4]

you need to eat bro, i always feel great after i orgasm, i go to the fridge and eat hella hella chicken cheese and bread, no joke, please stop being a little girl eat and have sex. If i dont orgasim three times a day i feel like im going crazy from excess energy, and i fuck with hella sedatives...

^^^Huh?????

pro·lac·tin (pr-lktn)
n.
Abbr. PRL A pituitary hormone that stimulates and maintains the secretion of milk. Also called lactogenic hormone, lactotropin, luteotropic hormone, luteotropin.

Yes. Like many hormones in the body it has more than 1 purpose. The crash you get after sexual release is due to the dopamine high being inhibited by a large release of prolactin. I even quoted it FFS.

^ this forum is hard sometimes bro its like teaching a little kid who likes to insult you once in awhile :)

good post a few up though...hit the nail on the head precisely about what I was saying to RhythmSpring.

Its ridiculous to keep denying that this is not true for oneself. Thats why I suggest anybody that obstinately does so has mental issues about their bodyweight (mental issue with bodyweight!? how
ijsoaiuhdfkjasdfkjfd. weight 120 Ate saw super size me & hit McDonalds 3X a day for a month + and lost 5lbs, wutt daa fucckk!?

. Most people are like pigeons when it comes to food and don't gain and sit there and think they are some kind of special hard gainer when the truth is that they simply aren't eating nearly enough.
Pshh i agree with this & i know this BLer totally knows his shit when it comes to lifting but seriously i wish i didn't have such a hard time gaining. Metabolism doesn't come into play at all? I thought the food we eat is stored as fat, put into muscle or used as energy, right? I once read when you go running early in the day before breakfast your body is actually burning fat as energy in order to make the run.

http://www.reuniting.info/science/post_orgasmic_illness_syndrome

Not that I like labeling myself or my conditions, but it just goes to show you that it might not have to do with my body mass. (I mean, come on, how much I weigh alone isn't the determining factor) It looks like it had to do with a bunch of hormones n stuff. Testosterone, prolactin, cortisol, dopamine, possibly. Thanks to those who tried to help, and no thanks to those who told me that gaining weight was the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.