• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

MDMA Magic & Loss of Magic - Truth or Illusion?

Does MDMA lose it's "magic"?

• Total voters
I've been doin MDMA and pills for about 5years now and never lost the magic! Infact i find it even more special now because i know alot more about what im taking. Try not to over do it is the thing. Like my tolerance is probably stupidly high, but i dont do it that often.. I can see maybe doing it both nights every weekend for a while it might lose its magic. But even last year when there was more good crystal MDMA and real pills about was doing it every weekend for most of the year and its never lost its magic for me. Guess different people react differently tho. :D

I just think that it's one of the very few things as an adult that truly opens your eyes in a way that makes you think "fuck! You mean I can feel like this every time i take one of these????!!!!!"

The fact is you can't feel like that everytime you take them though because the effects lessen over time, nothing can re-create that magical feeling from the first few times. Even after year long breaks, completely new settings, exciting new times with friends who were about to embark on the drug experience for the first time, good quality pills, a night of great atmosphere and excellent music I found myself thinking 'hmmmmm this isn't very great'.

The effects mdma has on me now is very different to the effect it used to have, in fact almost quite the opposite. It's not just that I'm more used to it, now when I take it I'm sapped off all energy, want to sit down and shut everyone out, I feel like just going to sleep and become anti social and don't want to do anything, a total change from the dancing, energetic, loving lunatic who'ld be buzzing around talking to everyone all night.

MDMA is about as far from "plastic" and "unreal" as a drug can be. Feels completely natural - like the piece of me that is missing. Has made huge changes in my life, self-image and relations with others - extremely long-lasting and positive changes. Guess I perceive it in a good way so never lost the "magic" and never will

It's pretty plastic and unreal IMO. You say it's natural but it's not natural, if it were you'ld be saying and doing those things you say / do on MDMA all the time.

Take more (good) MDMA

Really annoys me when people try and claim the reason the experience isn't good is because the MDMA isn't good stuff. Bullshit that is. It's nothing to do with the potency or purity of the drugs, it still can get me majorly fucked (and if all you want is to be mashed then you're on to a winner) but it doesn't produce the major empathy, loved up feelings, the open ness, the euphoria, the rushes or the tingles like it used to if at all. I just feel fucked in the head and a bit confused and gurn a lot whenever I take it now.

What I found was that it allowed me to flourish in many ways, the first couple of doses really changed my perspective on life and myself, but paradoxically after a lifetime as a shy, scared, paranoid, dysfunctional misanthropic mess, to suddenly be transformed into a confident, socially promiscuous ostensibly "normal" guy

MDMA / Pills / Drugs seemed to do the opposite for me. I used to go out (I was drunk so this may have played a part) and have a great time, was totally confident, never worried about what people would think of me, was quite sure of myself and all sorts of other good things but then I started doing pills and at first it was amazing then slowly but surely I lost all the good feelings from MDMA and all my confidence, self assurance etc crept away from me. Once I stopped the drugs (but kept drinking) this confidence etc never returned and it's never been seen since. Even when out and drunk now I'll not go up and chat to randoms, chat up women, hit the dancefloor and dance like an idiot etc like I used to pre drug era. Drugs changed things quite a bit (might not just have been to do with drugs but more myself, who can really tell) and I've never seen a reemergance of that part of myself. :\

feel I came out of it a much improved person.

I unfortunately never felt like MDMA changed me or made me a better person or benefited my in anyway, it just caused me nothing but problems. Nothing overly major that's had a dramatic experience on my life but nothing truely positive has came from it either which is a shame. Don't regret trying the drug those first few experiences were magical and out of this world but I regret keeping on using it and not being that educated about it / respecting it.

So in conclusion yes you do lose the magic of MDMA for definite. I think folk who say they haven't are kidding themselves or forgetting just how magical those first times were. Or maybe even there first times weren't actually that special, maybe they just got a bit mashed and it felt quite good and they thought that was it but for me it was a total mind blowing eye opener, fucking fantastic now it's dissapointing and a waste of time.

I 100% agree with this, it felt as though all the grime and filth, insecurity and paranoia that had swamped my fragile teenage ego over the years had suddenly been washed away, and for the firs time in my life I realised I had as much right to exist as anyone else, and furthermore, for the first time I felt a sense of connection and empathy with my fellow humans, and more specifically my friends, instead of simply fearing them.

I realise everyone has different experiences but for me and the context I used MDMA in, it was incredibly useful as a way to deal with what I would call post-traumatic stress. Context is everything.

Yes of course it was like that at first. I am talking about the effects after like 4 years of constant use

I would say I am less alienated now than I was before using but still very much so from the normal person as so much of my life has been living in a small drugs bubble, based around getting high and living in a world that doesn't exist. I am much more confident than I was but still it is very low, but that could be down to growing up and not being 14 as much as it has been for drugs. Pills and base gave me the best times in my life don't get me wrong, but undoubtably have contributed to many of my problems.

Like Spade says the effects are very much just get me mashed now, none of the love, oneness or empathy etc that there was at first. Although I havn't used in a long time so who knows I guess.

Last edited:
Yes of course it was like that at first. I am talking about the effects after like 4 years of constant use

I never used it for 4 years constantly, it was a once or twice a month thing for about a year and then sporadically once in a blue moon afterwards.

Oviously using it for 4 years every weekend it's going to get boring and seem fake and "plastic". If you get to the point where the effects of the drug that most people desire, such as empathy, euphoria, increased appreciation of music and so on feel fake and plastic, then what are you still taking MDMA for?

I know it's a "fake" experience produced by a chemical, but I chose to take it a few times because that "fake" experience taught me valuable lessons about how to be happy, altered my appreciation of music forever etc. That "fake" experience just becomes less usefull, and loses its novelty over time.

I'm not still taking MDMA, havn't used for probably 8 months now and used very sporadically before that.

You just take it to get mashed even though the main effects are gone i guess.

I remember about two summers though there were some amazing pills around that bought the magic back, used to take halves so the euphoria etc wasn't too intense to make me fuck up dealing um legal things...

Rarely use drugs at all now and try not to be around them, uppers mess me up too much and the ol' heroin isn't a route I am planning to take.

You seem to be getting very defensive.

I'm not suprised it stayed awesome only being taken once a month. I guess your reasons for using drugs were probably different from mine, as I used base and pills both days of the weekend every weekend for a couple of years and as you can imagine there is 5 negative long term things for every positive thing lol. well done on your self control :)

I voted No in the poll.

Last edited:
You just take it to get mashed even though the main effects are gone i guess.

That's what it comes down to I reckon, I was just someone who would eat a couple of pills and have an amazing time enjoying the music etc, not drink atall, smoke a bit of weed on the tail end and still go to sleep in my own bed...but there was ppl I came into contact with who were eating pills like smarties, ppl who just wanted to get mashed and would go at it all weekend, it's an obvious line being crossed between sensible use, and abuse....

I'm not getting defensive or anything, and I don't want to belittle anyone elses experience atall, just trying to relate how how it was for me and how I perceive the whole MDMA thing...

Really annoys me when people try and claim the reason the experience isn't good is because the MDMA isn't good stuff. Bullshit that is. It's nothing to do with the potency or purity of the drugs, it still can get me majorly fucked (and if all you want is to be mashed then you're on to a winner) but it doesn't produce the major empathy, loved up feelings, the open ness, the euphoria, the rushes or the tingles like it used to if at all. I just feel fucked in the head and a bit confused and gurn a lot whenever I take it now.

Agree 100%. I've been doing pills since '93 and my first was one of the famous Snowballs and over the years I've taken many breaks to see if things improved or I could get that unique old feeling back. Not a chance. I get fucked but that special E magic is never there and I've done top quality crystal in Ibiza, Uk and good pills, recently those Iron Crosses for example the last 6-12 months. Still find it impossible to give up though

taking a decade long break worked for me! was way more enjoyable after the break then how i remebered it before!

Plus, you can borrow some of that "Magic", by going out with people who have never experienced it before. seeing your mates off their faces for the 1st time is highly enjoyable!

taking a decade long break worked for me! was way more enjoyable after the break then how i remebered it before!

Plus, you can borrow some of that "Magic", by going out with people who have never experienced it before. seeing your mates off their faces for the 1st time is highly enjoyable!

I cant say no to MD for 6 months let alone 10 years :)

I dont think the magic ever leaves - when Ive got good MD.. surrounded with my mates on a dancefloor, music pounding everyone buzzing its a brilliant feeling, empathy, rushes, loving life, taking bollocks etc. The magic comes from the experience, the sharing, the interacting, the fun of the night out not just the chemical (imho).

Yeah if youve been taking in stupid qtys for ages then its a different ball game - If you think the magic has gone and your not enjoying it ...stop!

Thats just it, I do enjoy my MD and of course I can get wasted but that 'special' extra is gone. The love, talk codshit to strangers, head buzz, 'the feeling'. If I wasnt enjoying a drug I would have stopped years ago :)

I was just someone who would eat a couple of pills and have an amazing time enjoying the music etc, not drink atall, smoke a bit of weed on the tail end and still go to sleep in my own bed...but there was ppl I came into contact with who were eating pills like smarties, ppl who just wanted to get mashed and would go at it all weekend, it's an obvious line being crossed between sensible use, and abuse....

I started off happy to just be taking one pill, dancing in a club till 3am having a ball and then going home sleeping no problems and getting up right as rain with a nice afterglow the next day despite most of my mates getting carried away. Somehow I got to the stage of taking 3 or 4 pills a night and decided it was time to quit and did for a while then started again and started taking 4 or 5 pills again and decided to quit once more as I was scared of how many I was doing. Then lo and behold I started again and before I know it I'm on 10 pills a night and just want to get as mashed as I possibly can and forget about the real world. It stopped even being a sociable and happy experience, we'd just get drunk, get pills and head back to a mates house and sit there mashed for the sake of being mashed. Every single weekend. It was absolutely pathetic, the levels of fiending and the way we acted were disgusting, it was always about getting more and more pills, no matter what the cost. Once paid £50 for 10 pills plus taxi fares! The states I got into were ridicolous too, rolling around like a spastic. YUK YUK YUK!

I started off happy to just be taking one pill, dancing in a club till 3am having a ball and then going home sleeping no problems and getting up right as rain with a nice afterglow the next day despite most of my mates getting carried away. Somehow I got to the stage of taking 3 or 4 pills a night and decided it was time to quit and did for a while then started again and started taking 4 or 5 pills again and decided to quit once more as I was scared of how many I was doing. Then lo and behold I started again and before I know it I'm on 10 pills a night and just want to get as mashed as I possibly can and forget about the real world. It stopped even being a sociable and happy experience, we'd just get drunk, get pills and head back to a mates house and sit there mashed for the sake of being mashed. Every single weekend. It was absolutely pathetic, the levels of fiending and the way we acted were disgusting, it was always about getting more and more pills, no matter what the cost. Once paid £50 for 10 pills plus taxi fares! The states I got into were ridicolous too, rolling around like a spastic. YUK YUK YUK!

It's a shame you blame the pills for this instead of the obviously crap situations you were doing them.

There's these words, set and setting....

ive left my mates flat at 10am, done a half hour bus journey to pick up more pills, then a half hour back. one of the most horrific experiences of my life. i was an absolute fucking mess. it was obvious that the pills weren't even going to do me any good but my inner crackhead got the better of me & next thing i knew i was sitting on a bus full of old people going to do their shopping. they looked at me as if id just shat on their face.

I don't think it loses it's magic but ended up being tempted, as always, by the comedy poll answer.

ive left my mates flat at 10am, done a half hour bus journey to pick up more pills, then a half hour back. one of the most horrific experiences of my life. i was an absolute fucking mess. it was obvious that the pills weren't even going to do me any good but my inner crackhead got the better of me & next thing i knew i was sitting on a bus full of old people going to do their shopping. they looked at me as if id just shat on their face.

loll.

I went grey once after a few too many beans, got some funny looks of customers at work anyway...

I think alot of people are presuming that theyve lost the magic or it just isnt effecting them like they used to/ they have developed a natural tolerence is because most of the stuff being sold isnt even mdma (Atleast thats the only way I can undersand how nearly everyone I know taking piparizines sold as mdma, regardless of whether theyve heard of them before or not, doesnt seem to bat an eyelid). I dont think anyone can claim that they have managed to have an experince similar to the first couple of times however, if they are then theyve probably forgotton what it was like!.

Last edited: