• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

MDMA Magic & Loss of Magic - Truth or Illusion?

Does MDMA lose it's "magic"?

• Total voters
I miss the times of coming up off double dropping two blue playstations, or white mitizi's. Having the come up poo, and come out the bog gleaming.

Now all I get from pills is a little gurning, a little more talkative, no loved up feeling, no eye wiggles, no "fuck me im floating"

And it's not just the crap pills, I managed to save a few of the oldies.

I miss the old days.

+1
me too

The feeling I get is more "fuck me I'm all heavy, sluggish and tired" than floating these days.

I've not been by myself. I spent it with Treac. It was a very pleasant day Spade even though I've been sat at home.

But yes, solitary moments when everything feels magic on MDMA are lovely.

I rolled a few weeks ago for the first time in years, (unless you count the 6 or 7 times I did methylone last summer) and it did not disappoint.

The first time I rolled was over 4 years ago. For the first time ever I felt like I had really made a connection with another person and wound up dating the girl for 18 months. I thought the experience was so amazing that I spaced out my rolls, for fear of losing the magic. I figured if I could feel that way even a few more times throughout my life, it would make life completely worth living.

Our relationship ended when she slept around with several other people while they were rolling, and for the longest time I hated the drug, and held it responsible for falling in love, and the break up.

My most recent roll was defiantly amazing and eye opening, and it certainly didn't occur to me to think that perhaps that E had lost its magic, I came to this forum to look for thoughts on the subject after being surprised to read that alexander shulgin said that it loses its magic after the first few times and I really had to think about it to try to see how the first few times would be better.

I just think the whole experience of falling in love like that, so innocently and so open, is an experience that simply cannot be repeated. Not simply by just taking a pill, anyways.

I think the most likely scenario for the argument is that the group that says that it loses its magic, are jaded, and compare experiences, and the group that says it doesnt, and especially the one crazy guy who says it gets better, don't compare experiences. Who knows, maybe they are in denial, but really the psychology of people, and their reasons for taking drugs vary a lot.

What I do know is if I went into my last roll hoping for it to be like my first time, I would have been horribly disappointed, in fact, I think part of the reason it was so good was because of my last few bad rolls I didn't really expect much from it. Not because the experience wasn't good, it was, I just think going into it hoping for something in the past takes you out of the moment, and is a bad mindset to have when taking any drug or doing anything really.

I think that it's a bit of an emotionally charged argument as well, because what a horrible thought to think that the happiest you'll ever be is in the past and there's nothing you can ever do to ever feel like that again. That's what bothers me, and I've gotten so pissed off at myself for spending all my time thinking about the past, reminiscing, it's a shitty ass attitude and way to live, and thats all I have to say about that.

if you abstain for 1 year after doing it lots will the magic come back? i did it loads n kinda lost the feeling i waited 6 months n it sorta came back, but not to the full extent, what does everyone think?

As a mdma user for over 10 years I can safely say that it does not have the same effect as it used to. I particularly felt it after big sessions ( I'm sure that 15 pill night in gatecrasher didn't help lol) and now I just feel monged out in a club taking a few pills.

The days of rushing, smiling, talking loved up shit have well and truly gone and I can only blame my own over exuberance.

It was fun while it lasted but there is no doubt its effected the brain receptors that release the chemicals.

Aye I've twice taken a year or longer off and nothing like the 'magic' returned. It was like lazzzy says just a monged out mess, no energy, no inclination to dance or enjoy the music, no rushes, no head tingles etc just feeling a bit tired and mashed.

Uhh, I'd say it's the other way round. When the magic is genuine, you can sit on your ass doing NOTHING, all by yourself, and have the most amazing time ever. It's when the magic's dieing that you need to prop it up with set and setting..

Quoted for truth.

ive been taking mdma most weekends for the last 5 years i had a 5week break as i was taking around 2 grams evey fri n sataday then sleeping all sunday lol but for the last 2 years i dont get no loved up feeling like i used 2 wanting 2 hug ppl ect after my break i gave it another go but nope still no loved up ect then i found some patcha cherrys down the back ov my sofa must ov bin in there for a good 4 years took them this sat and wow just like taking my first pill again nice loved up ect now that leads me 2 belive even tho im gettin nice mdma cristal tests up all fine its just not made the same as it used 2 b any1 else agree

lots of people are getting little effect from regular use of *pure* crystals, n then lots of effect from pills, is it really mdma in the pills or where the crystals something else? mda?

Aye I've twice taken a year or longer off and nothing like the 'magic' returned. It was like lazzzy says just a monged out mess, no energy, no inclination to dance or enjoy the music, no rushes, no head tingles etc just feeling a bit tired and mashed.

Same here dude, still getting astygma which is pleasant but cant build a night on it. Seriously considering taking the St johns wort mentioned in the first page and seeing what that does.

I asked a question about the loss of magic a while ago and someone on here suggested it was down to mdma not having mda (or similiar, cant remember) with it like it they used to put in it.

I still feel fucked / mashed but that's not the same, is a bit boring and one dimensional tbh.
Shud stay the same forever, water one and repeat each time you take.
peeps can get jaded when their tolerance is too high, however the magic that has been underlying your whole life is never going to be truly lost

It depends what is defined by 'magic'.
When I first started taking pills, I remember a certain trippy dreamlike 'slow' quality to them, almost as if I was walking underwater; a bit like the floaty feeling you get when coming up on mushrooms. Now I don't get that and MDMA is just a euphoric stimulant for me, which I feel is a bit of a shame because I used to love that dreamy feeling. Something has definitely been lost but it's certainly not a huge loss and MDMA still far surpasses any other drug in my opinion. And now I can dance on it as well rather than just sitting gurning in a corner because I felt like I was underwater haha :)

Interesting discussion guys about MDMA losing it's magic. Why do you think this happens?

I hope Methylone can give me even 25% of the feelings MDMA gave me, that would make me satisfied.

I know its an old post but I just thought I'd comment. Methylone is different. Mind you though, My experience with it will most likely vary greatly from others.

I didn't mean methylone sounded a bit shit (but it is pretty shite IMO) ( :? ) I meant having just 25% of the feelings of MDMA. Would be underwhelming and leave you longing for more, like a poor pill or low dose of crystal. :\

Apples and oranges. You cannot compare the two. I for one had the mis / great fortune of being given some lovely Methylone. A rather memorable and pleasent mistake. By accident the scales had been set to Ounces rather than grams. A BOMB indeed. =D <3 =D

It's less effective because you get used to it, build a tolerance, the novelty wears off and it becomes no longer as 'magic' etc.

I agree with you there. The magic can be kept. Its all about moderation and respect.

if you abstain for 1 year after doing it lots will the magic come back? i did it loads n kinda lost the feeling i waited 6 months n it sorta came back, but not to the full extent, what does everyone think?

i recently had my first pill in about 8 years,and while it was pretty good in no way was it close to what was experienced the first few years.

I think it is all about mindset. Maybe some people come to the point when they have gotten all they can "mentally" from the drug. Maybe some people always find ways to tune in again.

I remember someone describing mdma as a one time large bank deposit. You can deposit 100K (but you can never deposit any more cash) and take it all out in one week, one month, one year. You can be clever and take out little bits of cash now and again and let the interest rate you get make up for the cash withdrawals and maintain that 100K. That is the approach that I have followed.

Dude, you are spot on with this post. I have taken a 5 year break but despite access to chunks of raw mdma, I still cannot restore the way it was.

It may, but don't count on it.

Im currently a month into a minimum of a 4month break. Would like to go 6-8 but we'll see what happens. Rinsed way too much md this summer at festivals, doing 2 and 3 days sessions, which is the most stupid idea ive ever had. This was the first time i didnt really rush a couple times toward the end of the summer. So am strictly not taking any md till NYE, hopefully longer. Would love to go without it till glasto next year, that'll be tough though. No doubt in my mind i wont hit it before NYE though.
Some people i know have been caining the md 1-2times a week since its came back after the drought. They are pretty much retarded, slow as hell, have no motivation to do anything apart from get wrecked, and can tell theyre feeling the depression too. Honestly have no idea how they do it to themselves and keep going week after week. By the end of the summer i wasnt really coming up, well monged etc, after 2 bombs i jus gave up and stopped taking it, yet they keep going strong. I'm not gonna envy them when they finally stop taking it for good and get hit with reality and major depression.