• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

MDMA Magic & Loss of Magic - Truth or Illusion?

Does MDMA lose it's "magic"?

• Total voters
There's these words, set and setting....

It more than likely played some part, but even when I was going out on big nights out, good music etc, all my mates there, good atmosphere, still shit.

ive left my mates flat at 10am, done a half hour bus journey to pick up more pills, then a half hour back. one of the most horrific experiences of my life. i was an absolute fucking mess. it was obvious that the pills weren't even going to do me any good but my inner crackhead got the better of me & next thing i knew i was sitting on a bus full of old people going to do their shopping. they looked at me as if id just shat on their face.

Thankfully I never took the bus, couldn't have faced that. Taxi's all the way no matter what the cost. Done some right dodgy shit when mashed. Used to get taxis to dealers houses when fucked and not even bother getting out the taxi to do the deal, just opening the door or rolling down the window and blatently swapping cash for furries or chapping on randoms doors as we've heard a dealer lives there even though they've no idea who we are nor us them, even offered a taxi driver a pill before instead of the fare. We phoned hookers from a number we found in the back of daily star (more of a laugh than anything) and tried to get them up to my mates mum house whilse she was in and countless other horrible things that drugs made me do! It's the drugs fault, not mines. ;) :p

I never abused the fuck out of it, and it still works for me.

I don't believe in magic :p

ive left my mates flat at 10am, done a half hour bus journey to pick up more pills, then a half hour back. one of the most horrific experiences of my life. i was an absolute fucking mess. it was obvious that the pills weren't even going to do me any good but my inner crackhead got the better of me & next thing i knew i was sitting on a bus full of old people going to do their shopping. they looked at me as if id just shat on their face.

aha it's the worst aint it, not so long ago me and my mate had to do a half hour treck to a garage after a night of md and speed, and once we got there started wandering around asking for tin foil and searching for it, must of looked a right state. oh well :D

I've been taking pills/mdma for about 6 years now very regularly and I think the first few times I did them were mind blowing. Now when I do them I still really do enjoy them the magic is still there :) but dont think anything beats them first few times!

He politely refused. :)

Just as well he never shopped me in because I was going home after a night out, he was dropping me at my house. :\

Iza, he wanted to stick his cock in your mouth. ;)

I've lost the magic entirely. I did it daily or every other in stupid amounts for a little while. It just mongs me out, steals my energy and makes me very ill.

Magic lost.

He politely refused. :)

Just as well he never shopped me in because I was going home after a night out, he was dropping me at my house. :\

Iza, he wanted to stick his cock in your mouth. ;)

I would say you were glad he refused when you got home and probably proceeded to neck the fucking thing :)

And for the taxi with Iza, probably very true

Its got a lot to do with setting and mindset, along with differing brain chemistry I imagine.

I caned pills for like 6 months and I did tire of them towards the end, but that was only because the group I did it with at the time insisted on doing the same damn thing every time we took em. Sit in someone's house, gay 'euphoric trance' on (ugh), and have those mdma convos. Yeah thats all well and fun now and then, but when I'm on MD I want to rave and do mad shit, the loved-up stuff got mighty tiresome for me. I prefer to listen to deep drum n bass, in a dark room, and just fucking rave away. Or better still go to an actual rave/club lol.

All the loved-up conversations pissed me off after a while because it all started seeming rather fake to me. Since those times I do it occasionally and when I do make a point of going out somewhere, doing crazy stuff, something that would be totally fun sober too. Doing that means the magic is in full force. The drug is an enhancer, gotta have good company and setting to get the most out of it.

Yeh I know what you mean, the amount of shite that pours out peoples mouths on E does annoy me at times. But then I can't really hold it against them cause when i'm on speed i'm 10x worse, 90% of the time I actually end up shedding a tear at least once in the night because I get so passionate about a subject i'm talking about :|.

Yeh I know what you mean, the amount of shite that pours out peoples mouths on E does annoy me at times. But then I can't really hold it against them cause when i'm on speed i'm 10x worse, 90% of the time I actually end up shedding a tear at least once in the night because I get so passionate about a subject i'm talking about :|.

Fuckin' lol! I've done that a few times. I felt like a cunt in the morning.

Haha. Great stories of public appearances whilst mashed.

Remember one time, a whole load of us where at a quarry party in Edinburgh one summer years ago. Tired of the rave, we headed off to get the bus back into town to a flat party - about 10 of us fucked on pills, acid, ketamine etc etc dirty as fuck at 9 am on Monday morning. The looks we got - eurgh I felt like trash! :D

Bus journeys in general are awful after a night-out. If I had come down enough I'd take the bus but more often than not it was taxi all the way

some people do lose the magic with mdma but i think the same people would lose the magic with other drugs also.
it also depends on where and who you do mdma with=with your best mates at a festival with the sunshine or a good club your half way to a good time but if you were it a crappy pub with aggro heads or a party full of tossers you dont know then its not going to be great same as if you were doing acid.

^Yeah I think the first few times are just SO mindblowing it doesn't matter where you are, but after a lot of experience with the drug it requires a bit more effort to get the same amazing feelings back perhaps.

Different people are more prone to lose the magic than others, be it through heavy heavy abuse, a natural tolerance to the drug, their general attitude/minset, or a combination of the above. There's a lot of factors and it seems some of us for whatever reason are very resistant to this supposed loss of magic. I think anyone abusing it hard enough for long enough will eventually see this, although I'm sure there are some fuckers who've been caning it for years on end and its still as amazing as ever. :)

Last edited:
I refuse to beleive that for anyone who's abused it / cained it for years that it's still as amazing as ever. I even doubt that folk who have done it a lot of times but been sensible and spread their usage out still find it as amazing as that first time. I reckon it would still feel amazing and the drug would work perfectly but the magic of doing it the first few times is obviously not going to be there. You've felt all the feelings before, you know what to expect, how the drug is going to effect you etc, how can it still be as amazing as that first time when it was so fucking epic? :\

Shambles what we have here is a classic case of denial! :D

Everytime you take MDMA it's as special, magic and mind blowing as the first time? Can't see how that's possible because the novelty would have well and truely worn off. It's such an obvious drug too, it's never that variable in effects like a psychedelic can be for example, pretty standard experience every time, in terms of what the drug dose to your body, makes you feel, think etc. Obviously set and setting can mean a different experience though but the effects are always fairly similar.

I've recently come to the conclusion that I don't need or want to take MDMA again ever.

It was magic, it changed me, it educated me in some ways, it almost feels like it was a "coming of age" thing for me around the age of 19/20. It gave me a lot, I just see it as something good that happened to me when I was younger.

Thinking about it, I could probably compare it to ayahuasca in that sense, which is another drug experience I exposed myself to a few times that changed me a great deal but I don't have any real desire to repeat, having learned a lot from my initial dalliance with it.

I remember the first couple of times taking MDMA I was absolutely convinced that it should be researched as a tool for producing catharthis/cognitive breakthroughs in people suffering from long term depression/ post traumatic stress disorder etc. For me it was always about that, rather than just getting high as fuck.

I remember the first couple of times taking MDMA I was absolutely convinced that it should be researched as a tool for producing catharthis/cognitive breakthroughs in people suffering from long term depression/ post traumatic stress disorder etc

That's what you thought about when you first took MDMA? Unlucky! I was too busy reaching for the lazers and thinking how good the music sounded and how much I loved everyone. <3