• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is cotton fever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird, after doing several shots of H a day for like 8 years, often re-using cottons, I never once had cotton fever. I was aware of it, and during the time I was using H daily, was under the impression that it was caused by a cotton fiber, so after pulling up, I would always hold my point to the light and look for any fibers on the needle. Occasionally I would see one and get it off before injecting. Never did catch cotton fever, thankfully, I had seen friends with it and it did NOT look like fun .

Without repeating what has already been said, IV drug use and cotton fever can be very dangerous and fatal due to contaminates from the needle, skin, syringe, cotton, or the drug itself. I once met an IV drug user who needed surgery due to an infected heart valve from injecting. Moral of the story: be careful.

Ive never had cotton fever from shooting dope, but my first opurtunity to shoot an opana ir i got it. i used a new cotton to filter but boy was i hurting. i was lying under my blankets with a heating pad on my chest and was shivering shaking so violently i was shaking my bed. the worst of it only lasted a few hours, but the headache and body ache lingered for a while. i was so excited about finally finding an IR opana to shoot rather than the ER's that i usually come accross, but the cotton fever was so bad i just traded the rest of the opanas i had for dope. after making it thru that i thought to myself normal wd's arnt shit compared to that and i should be able to function next time i ran out.... it was brutal

Hi there, welcome to BDD and thank you for your comment :)

There is a lot of info on cotton fever in this thread, and it is quite old now so I am going to close it - pm me with any queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.