• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

EVERYONE READ: forum standards **UPDATED May 19th**

Why would you even go through the process of reporting someone? its not putting them in exessive pain by reading a certin question to the noobs(like me) :S IMO

Ok, Im confused..

bump.

read this god damn thing people, please. OD has really been a little dull with topics lately. which, in turn, makes the people of OD, mods included, more of a chore than an enjoyment for our duties here. please use BDD and other forums. make yourself aware of what is accepted in here.

wow, cant belive it, this is a drug site, and your a moderator, umm, this site is for questions correct me if im wrong, swearing at your members will really turn out in a great manor, and what do you call " a little dull"?

^
Bro you need to lurk a little more, then you won't be so surprised why threads need to be reported or why this one needs to exist.

Yeah, its understandable you would think that in the beginning.. But if you stick around on BL (forums like OD especially), you'll get get it more and more over time.

I'd like to offer my appreciation to all those who have taken the forum standards to heart, as the forum content has been steadily improving as of late, and it is mainly because of the effort put in by you BLers. Sure, there's still way too many threads being locked, but I think it's becoming a bit clearer as to what OD is about...

Good job BLers, keep up the good work

Just a reminder that basic question go in BDD. Otherwise, there have been few issues with BL regulars, so for that, all the mods thank you. As for the newbs, please do the right thing and point them to BDD if required.

Thanks guys and gals

^i'd like to echo what dj said. there's been an abundance of threads from after the weekend which most have been closed; questions that are basic belong in BDD. saying that, a lot of what youre wanting to ask has been covered and with a search will be found. therees also a lot of great threads coming along in OD which is great. this keeps me coming back and wanting to fullfil my duties and help out as much as possible.

i'm sorry if i have come off a bit like an asshole in some of my posts, but this can be strenuous work and repitition really can get on peoples nerves. with that it really dampens our experience and we're less inclined to give in depth responses because of the aforementioned reasons.

enough negativity, OD is my favourite place on the internet, you're all my family here. im dredding the day i have to step down as an OD mod because this place means so much to me.

sorry if that doesnt make sense,,,

I think that JFGI (Just Fucking Google It) should be added to the abbreviations...:)

nbd js.

I have a suggestion....

I know I am new around here, this is my first post in this section of the forum, but I have been around off and on for a while. I was a close friend of Negative In real life, which is what brought me around the forums lately, it is getting close to the anniversary of his death again, but I digress...

My suggestion is this, why not sticky the mega threads to the front page, so they are the first thing new users see. I have experience modding a few boards in the past, mostly collectibles and miscellaneous info type boards, and alot of newbies either don't know how to use the search function when they start, or they are too lazy, or think they can get better answers by asking the question themselves, or are arrogant enough to think their question is so unique noone else could have possibly asked it before... if the mega thread discussions were stickied on the first page, they will be more likely to look there for their answers before they post. and make sure they are clearly labeled, with the most frequently asked questions listed in the first post of the thread and answered there. it would take a little bit of work, say a day to each mega thread to put the info in the first thread, but I would think that it would reduce the number of repeated posts greatly...

Great info everyone here provides towards making people more responsible with their choices and reducing harm in the choices they make. I see why Thad loved this place so much

-OcO-

I have a suggestion....

I know I am new around here, this is my first post in this section of the forum, but I have been around off and on for a while. I was a close friend of Negative In real life, which is what brought me around the forums lately, it is getting close to the anniversary of his death again, but I digress...

My suggestion is this, why not sticky the mega threads to the front page, so they are the first thing new users see.

Alot of people don't read the stickies at all

Alot of people don't read the stickies at all

Thank you; you're correct.

We've had plenty of stickies in the past, and now they're no longer there because most newbies ignored them.

To the person suggesting the stickies, thank you for reading stickies, you're obviously a good forum user.

a list of created mega threads are already available within a click of clicking into the OD Directory. weve even, through suggestion of WollBeevil, boldened and increased the print size of those links :) there are too many to have them all stickied, though we could have the more popular, ie - heroin, coke, bupe, etc but as has been proven with those kind of stickies, they get a lot less traffic than usual.

welcome to bluelight as well:) im sure youre aware of the bluelight shrine, where negative has a thread dedicated to him, but if you arent then it is here. the OD rules, and posting standards are available from the links in my signature as well.

Since when were threads asking about how to properly abuse medication off limits?

I understand that the sites purpose is harm reduction, but by giving users good, truthful, unbiased completely factual replies instead of agenda filled nonsense you are reducing harm... I.e. instead of little johnny dieing cause he ate an entire fent patch, johnny eats a tiny tiny amount, gets really high and lives another day. People are going to try and get high regardless, I'd rather see them ask those questions and get good replies, than nothing at all.
Fent questions have been convered a billion times, but the point carries over to other areas.

^ the person using fent should search first. most likely its been comvered countless times no matter what his question is. and if it hasn't been then he would most likely write "i searched and nothing came up that covers my question".. if he says something like that, the thread probly wont get closed. but if it's just ANOTHER fent question that's been covered before it should be closed and the user should be compitant enough to use the search engine.. if they're not then they have no business using fent.

Ever wonder why we have rules?

If Bluelight, specifically Other Drugs, had 4 pages of unanswered questions Syd, do you think any of us would want to go answer all of them? I think not.

We allow only certain threads for a very specific reason - so everyone can have their questions answered in a timely manner.

If you can't bump your own thread, and 20 other people have a simple question after you do, and your question doesn't get answered, what are you going to do?

Probably say F it, not do it right, and then potentially cause harm or an overdose.