• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

high from sublingual suboxone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

parliamentes

Greenlighter
basically the title says it all. i know the majority of people on this forum (at least on the OD part of it) look down on people getting high off suboxone. "it's the medicine and last resort to keep you from getting high and blah, blah, blah."

but sometimes, i just miss the feeling of being fucked up. hate hangovers, too paranoid when high. but suboxone gives me a nice mellow feeling when i do snort it (please note i do this rarely..two times since i was prescribed to be precise). but i'm trying to get away from my snorting-pills-past; and besides, suboxone gives me horrible fucking rashes on the inside of my nose. burns like hell for days on end. hopefully i didn't bore you with the back story, but to reiterate the question..can you get high off of sublingual suboxone?!

if this helps: it takes ~10mgs to get me that 'feeling.' so i suppose i do have a slight tolerance.

Last edited:
I found out that the further i am into my detox the higher i get off of the Suboxone when i let it dissolve unde rmy tounge. So maybe try and go a couple of days and then do it and see if that helps. I dont know how long it takes you to get Dope sick, but i couldnt go 24 hours without snorting a morphine and i would start the lovely Detox process, and if i would wait at least a day and a half i would get high off of an 8mg sub. now im back on the shit and out of suboxone so im fucked....hope i helped yo

Last edited:
Parliamentes - don't fucking snort suboxone. OR subutex. They are designed to work sublingually. Snorting it would give like a fiftieth of the effects.

Way to spew out complete misinformation. The bioavailabity of intranasal ingestion of buprenorphine is ~50%, much higher than sublingual. Still though, OP, i wouldn't do it with these drugs. They aren't meant to be taken that way and you're just continuing addict practices. Great, i've just told you exactly what you didn't want to hear. Sure! Snort 8 pills every day.

I've gotten a little high from both sublingual and insufflated suboxone. Though snorting is more recreational, it is wasteful, due to poorer bioavailability it seems. At first I thought i was getting more out of it, but I noticed my powder was getting depleted a lot faster than usual as opposed to sublingual use.

Adding tramadol and/or kratom to the combo is good.

Snorting Suboxone does nothing for me. But, I do periodically get a nice little high from them sublingualy.

I can confirm what Kris said - When I woke up this morning, it had been 48 hours since my last dose of Suboxone (due to financial reasons). I had an appointment today, and by the time I got my script and had the Suboxone under my tongue, it had been about 51 hours since my last dose of 2mg.

I was having some pretty hard withdrawals at the 36 hour mark, but by hour 42 or so, they had subsided for a reason I can't understand.

Anyhow, today I got a decent high off of my Suboxone, and I'm still feeling pretty good. I've found that in order to get high, I need to be at a daily dose of about 2mg for a while, and then go at least 48 hours without Suboxone, and then take a 4mg dose. It always does the trick for me.

Okay how bout this i did a 10$ pack of dope yesterday im not withdrawling i dont have a bad tolerence and was wondering if 8mg of suboxone would get me high??

parliamentes, you can get "high" off suboxone. Depends on what high you're looking for. No, you aren't going to feel like you just shot dope if you dissolve suboxone under your tongue. However, when I was on suboxone, the first dose I took, and a few as my treatment went on got me high. At some point I wasn't able to get high anymore, but when I stopped using them for about a day or so, and then took basically any dose after that, I would get high again. It's a different high then dope, not as strong, but a high nonetheless.

okay so i've been taking suboxone for a long time around 2 years but i dont take it like i should because im still into my oxy/dope addiction and i will tell you you will never get 'high' from subs. You may feel pretty good when you first start taking them or is you have NO opioid tolerance at all but as far as feeling high no. also they have a celing effect which means once your on them for a few days if your dose is 8mg 3 times a day or whatever (thats what i take so i'm suppossed to be on 32mg a day) no matter what you do you could take the whole bottle and not feel anything more than what you do when take your 8 mg. I hope this helped you out.

Does anyone else here enjoy taking tramadol while on subs? Well i think the combination of tramadol and suboxone is pretty damn effective.

Does Kratom work with bupe? i always assumed it wouldn't but someone mentioned it worked with bupe...?

Buprenorphine is a primary drug of abuse in large parts of the world, coming first before Heroin (and in some places has pushed Heroin out of the IDU opioid community).

It is also a drug of abuse everywhere it is prescribed. I disagree completely with people who believe that Bupe has a lower abuse liability compared to full agonists. When snorted or injected, due to specific factors (high dose tablets, ease of availibility, lack of side effects, long duration, etc) it has a higher abuse potential than many agonists.

At least one blind test with former opioid addicts who were administered IV doses of Buprenorphine showed the majority thought they were shot up with Heroin.

Maintenance patients often don't get high, but that is true of any opioid given for oral or otherwise non-IV maintenance. Waiting until you are in acute withdrawal then dosing often leads to a high, even for long term maintenance patients.

But, it is still possible for a regular maintenance patient to experience a high depending on circumstance (empty stomach, dose, etc). Nothing unusual.

Last edited:
someone with no/low tolerance to opiates can get very high on sub, allthough i hear its not the most euphoric high for opiate naive people

i believe that the key to feeling buprenorphine doses is to keep it loww. I'm on 2-3mg a day and i feel it every day. I don't say high because it's not like popping a few vicodin or percocet but i do get an opiate buzz every day, and i've been on bupe for 2+ years. In the beginning i was all the way up to 32mg at one point because i couldn't feel anything and just wanted to take oxy's and vic's, but then i read about the less is more philosophy of bupe and weened myself down to 2mg and this is the best i've ever felt. Buprenorphine is a miraculous drug, i find. Weening down was almost completely painless at 2mg every week and i never develop a tolerance to it. Someday's aren't as good as others, but most are.

Buprenorphine is an opioid partial agonist that produces typical opioid agonist effects such as euphoria, analgesia, sedation but are limited by a ceiling effect. That means that the agonist effects of buprenorphine increase linearly with increasing doses until at moderate doses they reach a plateau and no longer continue to increase with further increases in dose. My point being, if you've been on maintenance therapy on any particular dose for over a month or so period, you'll not achieve any additional agonist effects, regardless if you take twenty times your current dosage. So the answer is: NO YOU CAN'T GET HIGH ON SUBLINGUAL SUBOXONE if you are on a steady maintenance dose. Opiate addict or not.

But the answer is also: YES YOU CAN GET HIGH ON SUBLINGUAL SUBOXONE if you aren't on any sort of maintenance dose. Hell, even a Heroin addict can get a kick out of it if used intravenously at a high dose.

I was on maintenance for about a year but never attempted to abuse it. I went from 3 years of MMT and NEVER experienced any sort of opioid euphoria or sedation. I felt good because I was no longer fighting Methadone withdrawals. but that's about it. :\

Buprenorphine is an opioid partial agonist that produces typical opioid agonist effects such as euphoria, analgesia, sedation but are limited by a ceiling effect. That means that the agonist effects of buprenorphine increase linearly with increasing doses until at moderate doses they reach a plateau and no longer continue to increase with further increases in dose. My point being, if you've been on maintenance therapy on any particular dose for over a month or so period, you'll not achieve any additional agonist effects, regardless if you take twenty times your current dosage. So the answer is: NO YOU CAN'T GET HIGH ON SUBLINGUAL SUBOXONE if you are on a steady maintenance dose. Opiate addict or not.

But the answer is also: YES YOU CAN GET HIGH ON SUBLINGUAL SUBOXONE if you aren't on any sort of maintenance dose. Hell, even a Heroin addict can get a kick out of it if used intravenously at a high dose.

I was on maintenance for about a year but never attempted to abuse it. I went from 3 years of MMT and NEVER experienced any sort of opioid euphoria or sedation. I felt good because I was no longer fighting Methadone withdrawals. but that's about it. :\

Can we elaborate on what you consider to be "high"? Do you mean nodding out on the couch with pupils almost gone? Because i can tell you that i FEEL my suboxone when i take it. Not every time but probably 50% of the time i feel positive mood to minor euphoria and light sedation with warm chest. Maybe YOU wouldn't call it high, but i don't call it sober by a long shot.

I also don't buy into the linear increase of agonist effects with increased dosage. I and many many others experienced negative effects at high dosage (well below ceiling dose, ~24mg) and very positive agonist effects at very low dosages (2mg).

Can we elaborate on what you consider to be "high"? Do you mean nodding out on the couch with pupils almost gone? Because i can tell you that i FEEL my suboxone when i take it. Not every time but probably 50% of the time i feel positive mood to minor euphoria and light sedation with warm chest. Maybe YOU wouldn't call it high, but i don't call it sober by a long shot.

I also don't buy into the linear increase of agonist effects with increased dosage. I and many many others experienced negative effects at high dosage (well below ceiling dose, ~24mg) and very positive agonist effects at very low dosages (2mg).

The ceiling dose to positive subjective agonist effects from Buprenorphine is highly individual.

The tests quoted by Reckitt-Benckiser in the Suboxone prescriber's insert show that in most people, further agonist effect is felt with increased dosage in a linear fashion up to at least 32mg. This does not mean that the subjective positive agonist effects (euphoria, warmth, etc) are increased in a linear fashion; only that agonist effects (like sedation, slower respiration rate, lower BP, etc) are increased.

A persons actual ceiling dose (where all mu agonist effects no longer increase with increase in dosage) is variable, often much higher than 32mg.

The ceiling dose to positive subjective agonist effects from Buprenorphine is highly individual.

The tests quoted by Reckitt-Benckiser in the Suboxone prescriber's insert show that in most people, further agonist effect is felt with increased dosage in a linear fashion up to at least 32mg. This does not mean that the subjective positive agonist effects (euphoria, warmth, etc) are increased in a linear fashion; only that agonist effects (like sedation, slower respiration rate, lower BP, etc) are increased.

A persons actual ceiling dose (where all mu agonist effects no longer increase with increase in dosage) is variable, often much higher than 32mg.

Noted. Good post.

I believe that buprenorphine is an amazing opiate that needs to be used unlike all other full agonist opiods. My insight is purely observational due to a long time of experimental use of suboxone (2+ years). In this time i have been up to 32mg and down to 1mg. At 32mg i experienced NO positive effects, in fact i experienced NO positive effects above 8mg. It was at the point that i started taking less than 8mg daily that i found the beauty in the drug. I am currently on 2-3mg daily and i feel good all day long. This is not to say that i am "high" all day long but i do feel opiate effects for probably 4 hours out of the day. People say that buprenorphine will give you nothing but withdrawal prevention and i strongly disagree. I also agree that the use of it needs to be highly individual because doctors are severely uninformed and in most cases just want the benefit of money. Buprenorphine has taken me from 160mg oxycontin a day with zero money, countless burned bridges, and barely a high school diploma to being in the best physical and mental state of my life and pursuing an engineering degree at a notable private university. All i'm trying to say is that people should not rule out buprenorphine treatment because you're afraid that you will not get relief. I still struggle with my addiction but i have never felt more in control and if you told me two years ago where i would be today, i would have laughed in your face.

Sorry for the unprompted/off-topic rant

Noted. Good post.

I believe that buprenorphine is an amazing opiate that needs to be used unlike all other full agonist opiods. My insight is purely observational due to a long time of experimental use of suboxone (2+ years). In this time i have been up to 32mg and down to 1mg. At 32mg i experienced NO positive effects, in fact i experienced NO positive effects above 8mg. It was at the point that i started taking less than 8mg daily that i found the beauty in the drug. I am currently on 2-3mg daily and i feel good all day long. This is not to say that i am "high" all day long but i do feel opiate effects for probably 4 hours out of the day. People say that buprenorphine will give you nothing but withdrawal prevention and i strongly disagree. I also agree that the use of it needs to be highly individual because doctors are severely uninformed and in most cases just want the benefit of money. Buprenorphine has taken me from 160mg oxycontin a day with zero money, countless burned bridges, and barely a high school diploma to being in the best physical and mental state of my life and pursuing an engineering degree at a notable private university. All i'm trying to say is that people should not rule out buprenorphine treatment because you're afraid that you will not get relief. I still struggle with my addiction but i have never felt more in control and if you told me two years ago where i would be today, i would have laughed in your face.

Sorry for the unprompted/off-topic rant

I was on Suboxone treatment for 2 years and never "experimented". I took what I was prescribed because my objective was to get off the opiates and it worked great. I don't believe one person on here has attempted to rule out buprenorphine treatment because they are afraid of getting relief, the topic was if it were possible to "get high" on Suboxone. The term "getting high" is completely subjective upon the individual. If getting relief and having a good/positive mental state without cravings is your idea of getting high than so be it. That's great.

I went on Buprenorphine to resist the temptations of wanting to get high. Most definitely I noticed a brightened mood whenever I took my Suboxone in the morning and that's what I needed, a positive outlook on life with the full capacity to accomplish what was needed without needing to get high (When I refer to "getting high" on an opiate, yes I'm talking knocked out on the floor, heavily npdding with warm vibrations running through my body) I've been up to 24mg and low as 1mg and never felt any real difference in mood until I was completely off it. You definitely realize the positive impact that the Suboxone had on you once you've been off it for a few days.

by experimenting i simply meant with dosage and dosage schedule. Never route of admin or anything like that. All i was trying to say is that i experienced every part of the buprenorphine spectrum and the one i am at (2-3mg) is the most effective.

You're right, the definition of high is subjective and mine is to be able to undoubtedly recognize the opiates affecting my body above baseline, which does not include withdrawal to baseline.

Are you completely off of buprenorphine? and could you describe your jump-off and withdrawal experience?

Ok now I'm not recommending or condoning this but if you are on a regular dosage of suboxone or even if you are just dope sick you CAN get high off of suboxone but you have to take a shit load. When I was on 24 mgs a day of suboxone I would still get a craving once in a while to get high and so what did my dumb ass do????? You guessed it took about 15 pills of 8mg suboxones. Now I would get a little sick to my stomach once in a while but after puking or gagging, I would be high as a kite and it would last all day. The other problem with that is that if you do some shit like that you will run out of your script damn quick

Status
Not open for further replies.