• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Light Bulb Vaporizer

surfntoke

Greenlighter
Hey fellow stoneheads,

i was wonderin, does the lightbulb vaporizer really work good? i made it, but i dont know how to use it. do you put the flame directly on the bulb under the bulb, with the flame touching? or just under it so all you get is heat? give me all you know about these homemade devices, thats what im all about. also, do you need a carb hole? when do you release it? gimme all ze info please
rad,
matt

Last edited:
the lightbulb vape works reasonably well, and you can have the flame touching, although the glass will get covered in soot. A carb hole is optional, and you should inhale shortly after you see vapors swirling around in it.

I think the vape works pretty good. I've heard you shouldn't hold the flame on the glass for some reason but it seems to be the only way for me to get it to heat fast enough. As for the carb hole, i never used one. I never had my vape completely airtight so air could seep into the chamber so i could inhale. The only thing i can say is if you can see the vapors moving towards you as you inhale your getting it right. Have fun.
BTW after the soot develops on the glass it will be very fragile or atleast it was for me. I've literally set it down and it broke.

Works and works good, harsher than a professional vape but it gets the job done...

Don't burn yourself by touching the glass when it's hot

yes lightbulb vaporizer works pretty well and you can get heady high/taste of bud

you do NOT let the flame touching the bulb. leave about half an inch space. don't burn the same spot too long, switch around.
*BURNING THE BULB TOO CLOSE WILL RESULT IN BLACK INK & SMOKE OUTSIDE OF BULB*

what i do is use a candle. heat it for about 10 seconds then i see traces of white smoke. shake the bulb around so the bud is burnt evenly. toke lightly and enjoy =D

the carb hole is needed so the bulb doesn't form vacuum
you don't need to cover the hole otherwise you'll be sucking up buds lol

oh yeah be sure to use clear incandescent bulb that is above 60 watts and below 100watts

tips:
- use quarter of a gram of bud or less
- when buds turn dark brown then it's time to trash it (it taste pretty bad when i burn it too long lol)
- wash the bulb with hot water and salt
- use candle with a safety glass stand (to prevent fire hazard)
- do NOT use lighter/torchlighter as it is waste of fuel and it cause black ink/smoke
- use glass tubing for the intake/outtake

Last edited:
I don't see the benefit in a carb for a lightbulb vape. I would say don't bother with one.

How would you do it anyway, crack a hole in the side of the bulb? Then you'd have to cover that hole too while lighting it.

A carb hole in the cap might help, but not a carb hole in the bulb, IMO, feel free to correct me anyone if i'm wrong

I don't see the benefit in a carb for a lightbulb vape. I would say don't bother with one.

How would you do it anyway, crack a hole in the side of the bulb? Then you'd have to cover that hole too while lighting it.

A carb hole in the cap might help, but not a carb hole in the bulb, IMO, feel free to correct me anyone if i'm wrong

everything except red is wrong

I don't see a point in a carb with a lightbulb vape. Mine has enough leakage where the cap is screwed to the bulb that I don't need a carb, but almost no smoke (vapor) leaks out. Rips fine without one IMO.

Also, why would the wattage of the bulb matter?

I don't see a point in a carb with a lightbulb vape. Mine has enough leakage where the cap is screwed to the bulb that I don't need a carb, but almost no smoke (vapor) leaks out. Rips fine without one IMO.
Me too, I've never needed one. My first models had intake holes in the cap. But I've found it unnecessary, I draw pretty gently on it anyway and the vapor comes out just fine

Also, why would the wattage of the bulb matter?

This has to do with the thickness of the bulb... The higher the wattage the thicker.

excuse my crappy paint drawing
but this is what happens to the bulb
as you can see the bulb with one intake forms vacuum
while the bulb with two straws supply fresh air for smooth vapor

bulbn.jpg

^^^ That's cool dude, with mine the cap isn't on so tight. So no intake needed. No vacuum either. Plus my lungs are pretty powerful. Stronger than any pussy lightbulb.

The fresh air just leaks in through the cap.

two straws does seem a bit excessive to me. I made my vape and the cap fits really well so i just put i little hole in the cap and it works flawlessly. 2 straws seems like you are doubling your chances of melting/inhaling some plastic.

Trance- in your second pic i can see a workbench....looks like my stoner workbench.