• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Has anyone heard of the new drug called sunshine? - Mephedrone

^ If it was an April Fools joke it wasn't very funny.

Anyway, speculation about what something we have no information about could possibly be doesn't really belong in OD... I'll try this in BDD.

OD===>BDD

Now that is a weak news story. Sounds like complete hearsay. Slow news day in Bend, Oregon.

YES I AM SERIOUS.AND IT WASENT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE.
i heard it on the news,i couldent find it on erowid or google.
But u know,oregon does get some of the best drugs..

It looks like a white powder in a zip lock bag, lol, COME ON PEOPLE! THINK!

I think it is Mephedrone, which would be illegal in the US. No way it is just some brand new drug that no one has seen before, and the maker decided he'd call it, "Sunshine". No chemist would do that, I hope.

Mephedrone I think as well, in another part of the states it was going around as euphoria

It looks like a white powder in a zip lock bag, lol, COME ON PEOPLE! THINK!

I think it is Mephedrone, which would be illegal in the US. No way it is just some brand new drug that no one has seen before, and the maker decided he'd call it, "Sunshine". No chemist would do that, I hope.

Mephedrone is not illegal in the United States...

It could be anything, you guys telling me you can eyeball the difference between the existing tryptamines, phenethylamine, and beta-ketone research chemicals? Damn, and I thought I was good.

I call bullshit. Either this was an April Fool's joke, and since no one found it the least bit funny, he is backtracking; Or, someone on the news made a joke about sunshine being a drug (perhaps there hasn't been much sunshine lately), and this guy didn't understand it.

*plays walking on sunshine while writting*

WHAT THE FUCK PEOPLE.... *can't resist bobing head*... it's definitely an RC, and you bet your ass the idiot who started mass distributing it under a brandname is shitting himself right now..

WAY TO SPEED ALONG THE DEATH OF GOOD DRUGS YOU ASSHAT

I'd say meph.. yeah.. =\ if not m1, probably meph though if it isn't in caps.. fucking assholes! ARGH

AND DOESN'T IT FEEL GOOD~!

(and maybe this should get moved to DiTM?)

YES I AM SERIOUS.AND IT WASENT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE.
i heard it on the news,i couldent find it on erowid or google.
But u know,oregon does get some of the best drugs..

So it's just a conicidence the story was reported on 1st April? Follow the link, the story is dated as April 1st. And it wouldnt be the 1st time that a radio has given news about an April Fools prank despite not being in on the joke. You guys shouldnt take things at face value so much; question things. What is more probable, that a new drug has hit the streets that even Google can't find in the news, or a small-time Oregan April Fools Day joke?

It has to be a coincidence... I dunno, if it's not that's just fucked up lol I don't see why they would do that, the station seems legit enough, and if it was a joke you think they would make some kind of implication that it was actually the sun, not show a bag of white powder..

yeah man, I just watched it again (the video if you missed it), this is totally legit. The cop being interviewed isn't fucking around. And this time listening I heard that it IS coming in pill form too, so very well it could be methyone...

Either way, NOT COOL

Last edited:
Ham's on the ball, no chemist in(or out of) their right mind is going to invent a new super drug and then give it the child's play name of "sunshine". Sounds like kids being dumb, if someone ODs any time soon my guess is with RC.

yeah, sunshine is a old reference to LSD.
It came to be from the musical HAIR.
because timothy Leary gave the creaters of the musical lsd dropped on calcium pills and called it sunshine

" ...Sining our space songs on a spider web sitarLife is around you and in you
Answer from Timothy Leary deary

Let the sunshine
Let the sunshine in...."

Trippin on sunshine was a popular sample from late 90's house/trance.

See. if "pop culture" doesn't assign a name in the media, because DMT or AMT surely are not used by idiots on dope right????".....but they have to assign a name to do "breaking stories" and 30 minute specials on Dateline NBC.

I remember reading that when 2-ct-7 was popularized in one city it was named "beautiful" and also DOB was given another ridiculous name....2C-B was "Nexus".

Just a way to help the media sensationalize.