• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Has anyone heard of the new drug called sunshine? - Mephedrone

Ham's on the ball, no chemist in(or out of) their right mind is going to invent a new super drug and then give it the child's play name of "sunshine". Sounds like kids being dumb, if someone ODs any time soon my guess is with RC.

Popular slang used by children/teens for the following drugs when first introduced (and still used often)

"Angel Dust" - PCP
"Kitty" - Ketamine
"Foxy" - 5-MeO-DIPT
"Candyflipping" - LSD + MDMA

Most of us have gotten used to these slang drug name/terms, but when first introduced they all certainly sounded childish. There is a reason why most all drugs are given child play names when they first hit the streets; to lure children into buying them. Economics.

As for this substance that looks like "flour" that the police aren't able to figure out what it is after confiscating it...that's just an April Fools joke.

Mephedrone is not illegal in the United States...

Methcathinone is Schedule I...I would THINK your analogue laws would cover something so simple as a 4-methyl group but maybe I'm mistaken.

There are more and more RCs coming out... Could be a lot of things with the information given

See. if "pop culture" doesn't assign a name in the media, because DMT or AMT surely are not used by idiots on dope right????".....but they have to assign a name to do "breaking stories" and 30 minute specials on Dateline NBC.

I remember reading that when 2-ct-7 was popularized in one city it was named "beautiful" and also DOB was given another ridiculous name....2C-B was "Nexus".

Just a way to help the media sensationalize.

when 2c-b was legally marketed it was given the trade name "nexus" so their is actually some history behind that name

As for this substance that looks like "flour" that the police aren't able to figure out what it is after confiscating it...that's just an April Fools joke.

Your giving the medias descriptive skills and the local cops investigative skills waayyyyy too much credit. Meph is barely a year and a half old..

doing a bit of research and being from bend myself, here is what i have found about sunshine:

It is definitely no April Fools Joke. Search KOHD's website for an admission of a joke. You won't find it and it would definitely be there. Furthermore, people on the school board and BPD do not have a sense of humor and take things like this way too seriously.

Also, the Bend Police does not necessarily have a very legitimate drug testing program. Most of the drugs seized in bend are standard, well-known drugs: meth, cocaine, marijuana, psilosibin mushrooms, lsd, ecstasy, etc., not variations. Bend is much smaller and isn't exposed to "off brand" compounds popularizing in larger cities like Portland or Eugene. It is likely that the police department does not have a chem lab that they can analyze drugs in, only standard testing facilities. A new drug in bend is never seen and a large deal.

It has been trickling its way through the drug web in Central Oregon since sometime in the early winter. Many people who are experienced Ecstasy and MDMA users, as well as cocaine and LSD users, have described it as having a few distinct similarities with both MDMA and cocaine but being a distinctly different drug. Some also describe an accompanying hallucinogenic effect similar to that of LSD.

Some theories to describe this are as follows: 1. It is simply cocaine mixed with ecstacy that someone named Sunshine and has been making a killing on because kids are too stupid to realize. 2. It is a relatively unknown chemical similar to MDMA that has made its way to bend, or a mix of that and cocaine.

It is unlikely that it is the first. For one, I'm sure the police would have been able to catch a mix of cocaine and MDMA. Second it doesn't really explain the described hallucinogenic effect the drug having distinct differences between both of them. Keep in mind, however, that all of the known cases were in high school kids who are very inexperienced when it comes to drugs and often times don't know what they're talking about.

My personal belief is that it is some chemical that a chemist from Eugene or Portland or Seattle or something cooked up that hasn't really been popularized outside of select cultures that is making its way into a new place. Most of the people doing it don't even know what it is.

I hope I have helped some of you guys out. I'm really sorry I don't have a whole lot of sources for you guys but most of what I said is based on personal observation so your just going to have to take it or leave it...but I don't think I would have spent this much time just to bullshit you.

Some real info

The story is not an April Fool's joke. The news story reports an arrest was made in the case of one Mr. Hill. That same Mr. Hill is presently in custody on those charges.

http://mom.co.deschutes.or.us/scr/inmates.pl

The Oregon State Police belive:

"The quick answer is: Nobody really seems to know. Oregon State Police crime lab scientists believe the white powder, recently seized in Bend, is methylmethcathinone, a stimulant of some kind. While methcathinone is a known stimulant and an illegal narcotic, Angela Mayfield, a forensic scientist ( pictured above ) with the OSP Bend office, said Sunshine isn't the same animal.

Police say locals dealing in and taking Sunshine are passing around the word that it is a pure form of Ecstasy, a hallucinogenic stimulant. Mayfield says they're wrong, but nailing down exactly what's in Sunshine has been a problem, since there is no known substance to compare it with.

Overseas, recent media reports have linked methylmethcathinone to the death of an 18-year-old woman in Sweden and an 18-year-old man in Denmark. And officials in Australia have warned citizens of its distribution there, according to ABC News. "

Finally, anyone have experience with methylmethcathinone and any long term effects?

Oregon State Police crime lab scientists believe the white powder, recently seized in Bend, is methylmethcathinone, a stimulant of some kind. While methcathinone is a known stimulant and an illegal narcotic, Angela Mayfield, a forensic scientist ( pictured above ) with the OSP Bend office, said Sunshine isn't the same animal.

For the win~!

I witnessed the unfolding form the start. it is MMCAT. Cut about 25 percent or so. Sold for much too high. The name comes from a rumor at the highschool about "herbal ecstasy" named sunshine. It was a big joke and then someone decided to start making some money off of it. Any more questions? ;)

Last edited:
lmfao. best joke i've heard in a while.

LOL +1 How'd I miss that?? haha

Say friend, welcome to Bluelight!!!

I have to ask you! Your avitar image thing there, is that from a bottle of Delirium Tremens!?! I just bought a bottle of this stuff with my girl while traveling a week ago, just because the bottle art n name had me laughing my ass off lol Is that where your pic came from? haha That would be crazy, it was my first time seeing that particular label. Small world =p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_Tremens_(beer))

sunshinede.jpg

http://www.justice.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg0709/mg0709.pdf

Mm ah yes i do love sunshine its very warm and refreshing.. just remember to use sunblock if staying out for extended periods of time :p

yeah i definitely think its meph. im suprised it hasnt really made its way to washington yet. i thought we would at least be seeing it more than in central oregon

I bet meph is going to be the drug that brings death to the internet drug scene.