The Big Question - Cat v's Dog

• Total voters
Who bathes a cat?
We do. :D

Bathtime16s.jpg

^oscar and sasha, unmasked of their fluffy cuteness to reveal
29432_1424700946990_1516762134_1035192_56420_n.jpg

the rats they truly are =D

Haha! Yeah. I have another pic of him in the bath where he's looking fairly distraught.

These days, we tend to put them in the shower cubicle with us. :D

really? i'm always tempted to do that but am afraid of ear infections. what, you got kitty shower caps or sum'n? :D

Nope, but they're too busy climbing the glass walls of the cubicle to catch water in their ears. :D

I just think of it as being similar to them being caught in a (soapy) rainstorm.

Oh, found that pic of him in the bath...

OscarBathTime13months014small.jpg

:D

This was his first bath, about 4 years ago.

Last edited:
bwahahahaha aww poor kitty cat! mine has started peeking his head in the shower when I'm in there. I'm like go ahead, try it, don't think you're gonna like it though buddy hahaha.

This thread makes me happy <3 It's been just under a year without my little man-kitty, Falcor and I still miss him every day.

I remember bathing him and i used to think to myself that i'd have to sleep with one eye open afterwards. :D

Hey bro's, I have the kitten for three days now. He's awesome. Name's Charlie (yes, after Charlie Sheen lol). Almost everything's going well: he plays and sleeps a lot, eats well, really seems to like us and so on.
However, he doesn't use the litterbox and this really sucks because we always have to keep an eye on him in case he wants to piss/shit. I always put him in the litterbox after naps and meals. This sometimes makes him do his thing in it, which is a relief but the problem is that he never uses it out of his initiative.

Any tips?

Also: what should I put in the litterbox? So far we've had sawdust and these little grey grains. He really didn't like those + he used to eat some of the grains lol. At the moment we're using old newspapers, which seems to be the best option so far.

Will post pics as soon as I have 50 posts.

3 days home is early days in litter training. Small kittens piss & shit very predictably within 5 mins or so of eating & drinking so there's nothing for it but to watch him like a hawk and keep putting him in the tray till he goes. He climbs out, you put him back in. He climbs out, you put him back in. etc etc.

Cats respond well to crunchy granular texture under their paws, mine always got on well with the granules so I'd stick with them but it won't hurt to try different brands. Plain newspaper isn't really going to do the job.

Move furniture away from the walls as he'll seek sheltered hidden spots to go in, and once they get in the habit of going in a particular place it's hard to get them to stop. Clean any accidents thoroughly to remove all smell, and put the dirty tissue or what ever you used in the litter tray. They're very led by scent so leave some wet litter in the tray so he knows where his toilet is. Position the tray in a place where he won't feel vulnerable or exposed, they feel safer with a 'roof' over their heads or in a corner.

I dk whether anyone mentioned this but to get him to use the litter box after every meal take him to the box and gently use his front paw to scoop the litter behind him (like how cats do) I could be completely wrong but I think its like a psychological thing. Either way it works

and for the first few months whenever we'd go to sleep or leave the house or w.e we'd always keep them confined somewhere with hardwood floors and nothing they could destroy or piss on, (with the litterbox in the room obv), and for the first few months at least don't put the litter anywhere they'd have to go up or down stairs to access. I think we did that cuz they're small and unfamiliar with everything, so we made the box easy to reach, once they have that connection to it they'll find it

And if u move the box to a different part of the house and they have problems finding it, do the paw thng again

Give them fish + rice instead of catfood.

Just thought I'd chime in here to advise any new cat owners that the above information on diet is absolutely incorrect and would be detrimental to your cat's health.

Ninae, I think you need to do a LOT more research on cat nutrition before you recommend feeding solely fish and rice INSTEAD of specifically formulated cat foods. Giving a cat (which is obviously a carnivore) such a large amount of starchy carbohydrates is a good way to ensure your cat dies prematurely.