• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

San Pedro Cactus??

msco89

Greenlighter
I just had a botched try at salvia and wondered if anyone could tell me about their knowledge/experiences with mescaline/san pedro.

San Pedro is the best drug known to man! I have made san pedro tea probably 10 to 15 times and almost every trip has been great; and those that were weak were because i screwed up the batch through my own impatience. If you want to make the tea just mix the cactus with equal parts water in a blender and pour it all into the biggest pot that you can find. I wouldnt use less than 18 inches, but the more the better really. Also you can cut out the core to cut down on volume because it contains no active alkaloids.

After you have it all blended down set the stove to medium low and bring it to a boil. This alone will take 45 minutes, stir it the whole time continuously. Take it slow, be sure to have a whole day set aside for preparation where you can just sit around and smoke bowls and cook, I have ruined several batches trying to cram the whole process into my schedule. Let it boil for 4-6 hours, longer if you want. It will separate out into layers when it is ready so you will be able to tell. During this whole part you can increase the temperature slightly and you dont have to stir the whole time. Just make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom or it will start to burn. Also adding lime juice helps with the extracting of the mescaline from the pulp and it also makes it more palatable later on.

After the shit all serperates out, strain it through a cotton cloth and discard the pulp. If you have more liquid than you want to drink you can boil it down farther, but the more you do the stronger it will taste. This is one of the worst tasting things ever, but it kind of is an aquired taste, ive come to kind of like it, but drinking large quantities is still a pretty daunting task.

If you dont want to deal with the tea and have some basic knowledge of chemistry there is a relativly simple acid-base extraction that you can do. I dont want to explain it here but you can just google it or get it off of erowid. there are a few different meathods out there, but they all work about the same. Unless you have some equiptmet though you will only be able to extract the alkaloids, not pure mescaline, its about 50% pure. The downside is that you have to pay for some chemicals, xylene is like $20 for a small container and its just not enough. There might be a cheaper solvant you can use but i dont know of one.

Mescaline is probably my favorite psychedellic. It is so mellow that you can go introspective with it but if anything comes up you can still function perfectly well and it is kinda fun to go through normal tasks in a higher state of consiousness. My one and only word of advice, dont fry around drunks! or tweakers, the only potential way to have a bad experience is to have to sort out drama or violence. uhhhh.... enough said i think, if you read all of this Ill be very surprised, anyway enjoy!

No experience, but the real drawback of San Pedro and Peruvian Torch is that you need to consume 30g or so of dried cactus to get an effect. First of all, think about how 3.5g of shrooms isn't all that easy for most people to take without complaining about taste (though personally I never found shrooms, too too bad), then multiply that by 10x the plant matter and I hear the cactus tastes far worse. Puking is almost a certainty. But maybe that tea method is a lot easier to ingest? I've also heard of a 'tar extraction' or something that is supposed to cut back on the amount of matter you need to take. Link below, I don't think it is called a tar extraction, but someone said he did a tar extraction on San Pedro on another forum I visit so I had that in my head.

Personally, synthetic Mescaline or Peyote is the better choice, but both illegal and expensive, seems you're after the legal high, so San Pedro will have to do.

This seems like a pretty good extraction technique I found.

http://forums.mycotopia.net/mescaline-cacti-succulents/7933-mescaline-extraction-tek.html

All I can say is that i attempted to try it once. I used the blender and blended it up. I tasted it and almost threw up. I tried adding flavors and making tea. In the end I got most of it down. It was a 14in cut. I did end up throwing up the worst I ever have in my life and I thought I might die at the time. Good luck to you.

ohhh....pofacedhoe its been a while since i last chatted with you....did you google that shit yet????

Thanks everyone else, if you have any other methods of extracting the mescaline, please let me know!! I might use two 6 inch cacti or equal to 1 12 inch cacti for myself....does anyone else think that will be enough for a strong trip??

So yesterday I thawed out four 12" sections that I had cut up and put in the freezer for safe keeping. Being that it was a long holiday weekend for me, I thawed it out overnight, put it through a blender, and proceeded to boil it down over the day yesterday. I fell sleep towards the end and it started to burn a little on the bottom of the pan, but it was not too bad. It cooked down over about 7 hours and produced about a quart of dank colored pungent smelling extract after draining it through cheesecloth. I was able to drink most of it over about 2 hours when I started feeling it. By 3 hours visuals were kicking in. More vibrant colors, waving and breathing of inanimate objects, difficulty focusing, very strong physical stimulation (but not necessarily pleasant... had to keep getting up and moving around). I took a few xanax to relax a little more and that helped. But after a few more hours I wanted to get some sleep. I woke up this morning with visuals still prevalent and my eyes still looked kinda crazy in the mirror! :D I'm drinking some coffee now and I may go back to sleep for a few more hours. But all in all, very enjoyable. I just wish there were more crazy visuals. They were fairly mild.

two 6" cuttings might not work, they may be too young still imo, to have any/decent alkaloid content

I would do an extraction to reduce the amount of material needed to get the mescaline.

Would adding artificial sweetener effect anything to the tea? I'm all for chugging it down, but I'm just wondering.

^San Pedro is far, far easier to get in the US. I do agree that mescaline+DMT= one of the best drug combos out there. The first time I smoked DMT I was on mescaline (and 5-MEO-AMT, LSD, amphetamine and amanita mushrooms). It was pretty weird.

Another way to consume it is to do an extraction. You could do a full A/B extraction or you could just do an alcohol extraction which requires only a few large jars, cactus and alcohol and yields a fairly pure freebase tar.

I've never done the alcohol extraction but I know people you have. I've always either eaten fresh cactus or made tea. San Pedro is a wonderful substance. I've always found that people tend to be oversensitive about the tastes of drugs. It's bad but not so bad that it isn't worth it. 5-10 minutes of unpleasent taste/texture (I find the texture far more objectionable then the taste) is totally worth an incredable 8+ hour trip. Be careful to brew the tea properly (never ever boil it), lots of people mess it up.

In terms of making the tea go down easier, some sweetener helps but don't use a shitty tasting artificial one, I've found brown sugar to work best. Orange juice works really well as a chaser, if you take a big swig of tea followed quickly by a gulp of OJ then you'll barely taste the cactus.