• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

what countries allow easy residency to US citizens?

You don't have to go to third world shitholes dude, all you gotta do is go to eastern european countries who love america and hate russia. Pretty much any former soviet block state who hates Russia will give you papers at best and at worst you can just keep re-entering every year to maintain residency.

-Poland
-Belarus
-Ukraine
-Romania
-Albania
-Estonia
-Latvia

Im from Romania and they actually do allow americans very easy (I am a student in the US though) Life in Romania is amazing, clubs, parties, drugs ... during the summer, the beach turns into ibiza X2 and bucharest and cluj, timisoara and constanta are really nice cities and party places 24/7. It's awesome

You can get a job pretty easy especially as an american. the language is not very hard to learn either. A friend of mine went to play basketball in Romania and he could understand and talk a lot after about 6 months. DO IT

I was wondering about this although in a slightly different light. I have a felony coviction for obtaining a controlled substance by fraud and too would like to leave America but to study, Ive searched many countries visa policy and can't find a clear answer is it hard to obtain a student visa with a felony conviction. Sorry to threadjack just no need to start a new one as this is similar enough.

canada is pretty easy if you go to a university or if you are a skilled worker

^ that would be a good option financially, as I hear Europe is too expensive. Do you by any chance know the length of a student visa?

Im from Ro mania and they actually do allow americans very easy (I am a student in the US though) Life in Ro mania is amazing, clubs, parties, drugs ... during the summer, the beach turns into ibiza X2 and buchare st and cluj, timisoara and constanta are really nice cities and party places 24/7. It's awesome

You can get a job pretty easy especially as an american. the language is not very hard to learn either. A friend of mine went to play basketball in Ro mania and he could understand and talk a lot after about 6 months. DO IT

If you want to see how Americans fare in Ro mania: :)
http://romerican.com/

Last edited:
thanks, everyone. sorry, i kind of forgot about this post. i was extremely angry about this situation after it first happened, but i've cooled down alot since then. that being said, i would still prefer to leave this place.

if there is no benefit to being a natural US citizen, then why would it be better to live here than anywhere else? that is the biggest questioin i have at this time

here's some info i got from a relative who lives in the netherlands:

"The ways I know to get residency in The Netherlands are as follows:

- Get an employer to sponsor you. - Difficult right now under the current economic conditions, which are not as bad as the U.S., but they're not good. Requires you to have specific skills that are in demand here.
- Hook up with a Dutch partner who is willing to sponsor your stay. They have to be willing to take legal and financial responsibility for you. This can happen pretty fast, but you'd have to find someone. And that's not too easy to do on-demand!
- School is also an option - an education visa.

That's all I can think of right now off the top of my head. The only other thing might be to come over here and hang out for a while as a tourist and see what you can find out.

Otherwise you should try to do some additional research on the Internet and see what the possibilities are. You could also try a company called "The Undutchables" here in Amsterdam that specializes in placing English-language temporary staff."

"The official Immigration & Naturalization Service website for The Netherlands is http://www.ind.nl. Click on ENGLISH and then follow the instructions. Should tell you what you need to know!

The issue will be that, in order to stay in the Netherlands as anything other than a tourist, you have to either be here for work, study or a relationship. And it would have to be work that's either 1) in service of a Dutch employer who gets you a work permit, or 2) on your own, but then you'd probably have to meet a whole lot of extra requirements.

So go explore and see what you can find. Perhaps coming here as a "tourist" and looking for work for a while would be one option. All you need to do that is a valid passport.

Regardless, if you ever want to get citizenship here, it would be a 5-year process if you stay employed the whole time, or a 3-year process if you manage to hook up with a Dutch chick. :)"

------------

thought that might help anyone else interested in this topic (i know there's at least one other in this thread.) anyone from the NE disagree w/ any of that?

Last edited:
Trust me man, I completely understand where you're coming from, it's almost eerie. I'm in the same boat and I'm just about fed up so I am thinking the same thing.

^ I misspoke. I should have said The Netherlands.

Is there seriously no hope of me rebuilding my life outside of the United States? I was wrongfully arrested 6 blocks from my home the other day. How much closer does it need to get to where I can no longer leave my house in fear of being arrested? If I can't walk 6 blocks to the pharmacy that sits on the same street that I live on without getting arrested, how can I ever leave my home? What kind of life is that? Is that even life?

Substantive debate about immigration goes here, memes go here; btw, the post you were replying to was almost 7 years old. --SKL

Last edited by a moderator: