• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin A million and one heroin questions

asbeen

Greenlighter
Ok...I've been shooting black tar heroin for 4 years now. Even in my early junkie days I had trouble finding veins. After a few months my arms were trashed and I was onto more trecherous areas like my feet, legs, knuckes and neck....
So, for the last few months I've been injecting intramuscularly....Or trying atleast. I use 1/2" 1/2cc syringes. I stick it straight into my bicept at a 90 degree angle just like when you get a vaccine. I should also mention that I've never cooked my dope...Just wasn't how I was taught. The "junkie group" I started with just put the tar into the clear cap that covers the plunger on the pack of the syringe, and use the plunger to stir it. Needless to say, my arms are fucked. I wish I hadn't pawned my digital camera....They could make drug war propeganda posters with pictures of my arms and legs....My bicepts are rock hard. Not to mention red and sore with infection, with a few leaking abcesses. When I try to muscle in my hip, I don't feel it at all. I'm not saying I don't feel a rush, for I've long since given up hope of feeling that glorious sensation, I don't even feel the subtle calm of wellness 15min later....

So, here are my questions... First, does anyone know how to skin-pop? I've gotten a million answers. Some say it's just like muscling but with a short needle, or that you pull out until the needle registers with blood at the sub-cutaneous layer. Can someone who actually uses this process answer my question? Cause I've read all the hypothetical bs already....Also, where else can I muscle? I think there's too much fat on my hip...I'm only 120lbs, 5'6, I just mean it's a fatty part of the body on anyone...and third, I'm sure that if I can successfully find it, the femoral vein would totally save me right now. I read the thread on it, I get that it's to the right of the pulse, but I can't find the pulse!!! Is a 1/2" needle long enough? I have a lot more questions, but let's start with these...

As a junkie my main priority is to have some hope of feeling a rush ever again. I know I've got to have a usable vein somewhere! I JuST HAVE TO FIND IT... In the last month the only times I've nodded is when my ex got the vein on my neck. But now after 2 misses, it's fucked along with the others......help....Thanks...asbeen

Last edited:
hey, welcome to bluelight.
you gotta put some paragraphs in there so its readable. I get a headache just trying.

but to skin pop, you pinch the skin and inject between the skin and the muscle. (i think anyway, i never did it purposely only on accident).

I can't help you with the other questions. but dude comeon, it's probably time to slow down or take a break. That's probably not what you wanna hear but shit if you're not getting high (or not getting any rush) why not just get on methadone? You'd get the same calmness with much less hassle and much less money.

Seriously though, if you can't hit in your neck, you need to slow down or stop. Shit you should slow down or stop before you even start shooting in your neck.
And i'm not just some asshole who doesn't know what i'm talking about. I shot dope everyday (east coast powder yum) for at least 3 years and shot pills for the past year and half. And i've been using opiates for like 8 or 9 years. I'm on suboxone now and much happier than i was when i was using.
good luck man.

For christ sake's man, get some fucking help.

How you've made it this far is beyond me, but you are well on your way to dying from an infection.

Check yourself into some kind of treatment bro, the Salvation Army offers it for free, amongst other non-profit groups I'm sure.

Then again, if you don't want to quit you aren't gonna quit. I know that all too well. But seriously, in your case it's a very clear life or death scenario.

Ok you said to skin pop I just pinch the skin and shoot between the muscle and the skin? How far is the needle supposed to go in? Should I use a half inch or the short 1/4"?
As far as methodone, I have yet to find a clinic... I've called this one place 5 times and left a message w no response...Suboxone....Yuck. Been prescribed to that a million times. Not only did I never feel anthing close to good, definitley nothing compared to heroin good, they taste like shit and cost $100 a bottle. I was prescribed to 2 8mg/day...

And besides all that, I have absloutley no desire to quit...Like most junkies, I've quit countless times, always for the wrong reasons, and I'm always just as misrerable as I am strung out....Btw, I'm a 23 yr old chick...That's why I never had good veins...No muscle mass.

Anyway, I know all you're comments are well intentioned, and i appreciate you guys responding, but don't you know that I'm not only well aware of the risks, but very tierd of being reminded of them...I just need some advice on how to find a vein somewhere, or how to muscle or skin pop without my arm falling off...Thanks so much..

Anyway, I know all you're comments are well intentioned, and i appreciate you guys responding, but don't you know that I'm not only well aware of the risks, but very tierd of being reminded of them...I just need some advice on how to find a vein somewhere, or how to muscle or skin pop without my arm falling off...Thanks so much..

There is no way of safely skin popping dope without having to worry about infection. The only safe drugs to IM or skin pop are medical grade IM solutions, because they are 100% sterile. Anything else is not sterile enough and is bound to cause problems.

My best advice, other than getting help, is to do whatever you can to try and find some usable veins. Lift some small weights before shooting to get the veins to rise to the surface, take a hot shower, tie off real tight (release before injecting though), whatever....just please avoid the skin popping and IM'ing. It's going to fuck you over.

OP was you on intervention shooting tar into ya muscles using toilet water.

cause other than that episode i didnt think anyone else was foolish enough to be IM tar. have you had abscesses

OP was you on intervention shooting tar into ya muscles using toilet water.

cause other than that episode i didnt think anyone else was foolish enough to be IM tar. have you had abscesses

gee thanks...you guys have been so helpful....Think I'll go IM some more tar...But toilet water is too sterile for me...Think I'll ask my boyfriend to cum in a cup for me...I'll melt it down with that...

But I guess assholes are everywhere. Thanks to everyone that didn't judge, and just gave the best advice they could.....I'm just too sensitive for my own good.

Ok you said to skin pop I just pinch the skin and shoot between the muscle and the skin? How far is the needle supposed to go in? Should I use a half inch or the short 1/4"?
As far as methodone, I have yet to find a clinic... I've called this one place 5 times and left a message w no response...Suboxone....Yuck. Been prescribed to that a million times. Not only did I never feel anthing close to good, definitley nothing compared to heroin good, they taste like shit and cost $100 a bottle. I was prescribed to 2 8mg/day...

And besides all that, I have absloutley no desire to quit...Like most junkies, I've quit countless times, always for the wrong reasons, and I'm always just as misrerable as I am strung out....Btw, I'm a 23 yr old chick...That's why I never had good veins...No muscle mass.

you should be happy you can afford suboxone.good luck with whatever your doing, though.

I totally can't afford suboxone....That's what I'm saying. I'm not sure how much methadone is, but I don't even know where to find it.

you are in dallas which has a million methadone clinics. just google dallas area methadone clinics. ima take a stab and say its anywhere from 11-20 dollars a day at the clinic. mine was 11 bucks when i was going. seriously do this cause IM tar is bad bad idea

have you had abscesses?

dont fail

Here's the problem....I love heroin. I have absolutley no desire to quit. I would only try methadone if there's a chance that I could feel something close to the heavenly calm that dope gives me, without savagely mutilating my arms with abcesses. It would also be nice to eliminate the constant possibility of going to prison...One felony is more than enough.

i posted you a reply about methadone clinics. please check into. imo i kinda think you are ya ropes end with the whole doing tar

Here's the problem....I love heroin. I have absolutley no desire to quit. I would only try methadone if there's a chance that I could feel something close to the heavenly calm that dope gives me, without savagely mutilating my arms with abcesses. It would also be nice to eliminate the constant possibility of going to prison...One felony is more than enough.

iam finding hard to think you are enjoying something so much knowing that your route of administrations means pain and abscesses. i am not judging you for using a needle i do that everyday myself my girl. you wont be getting near as high from methadone but you will save yourself alot of damage and like you stated possible felony charges. how old are you

:( not a H user but after reading all the posts just wanted to say good luck

Ive been IMing tar the whole time ive been IMing (at least 2 years) Never had an abcess or anything. I dont get it how come its so bad to IM tar?

Look, I have a friend who was in the same situation as you. He had been shooting tar for a good 7-8 years and lost all his veins and for like the last 2 years of his habit was muscling tar and coke multiple times a day. He had exactly what you are describing in terms of his upper arms where he muscled becoming rock hard. He had abcesses all up and down his arms, many which would get infected. His upper arms basically are just covered with holes from where his abscesses had been. He is on methadone now and is doing good so thank god for that. If you are so intent on still using, I would say you need another ROA. My friend got to the point where if he didn't get on the methadone and had continued muscling his dope, he most probably would have had to get his arm amputated or something. For all those who have never heard of people muscling tar and are telling the OP how foolish that is, obviously you don't know how addiction and needle fixations work. People on the west coast get tar and just cuz your veins are completely shot out, doesn't mean people will quit using. I know tons and tons of people who shot out all their veins and now muscle there tar on a daily basis. While I am not saying it is safe by any extent (especially after seeing how bad my friends arms have gotten), it is not some out of this world crazy thing that rarely happens.

I can totally relate to what you are going through! I also have been using opiates IV for the past two years and have shitty shitty veins unfortunately.

As far as skin popping I really don't have an answer for you I have tried this myself unsuccessfully a few times and just went back to digging in my arms, hands, and feet or just said fuck it and went IM. I would also be interested to know how to go about doing this....

Have you tried taking a warm compress to your arms or hands yet? This is a simple suggestion but one that worked for me when I was about to lose all hope of getting that wonderful rush. In fact I have even had luck recently with using a small insulin syringe and going in to the small veins on my wrists (whatever works).

But from one female junkie to another don't get discouraged! I also refuse to give up on finding that high once again. And have tried to get sober or go on suboxzone or methadone maintenance many times to no avail. So here I sit....

Good Luck!