• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Lomotil (diphenoxylate) recreational?

Does the Diphenoxylate have any effects that should be of note for those wishing to experiment with this for the atropine element, rather than the opiate effects?

Diphenoxylate is an opioid agonist similar to pethidine (Demerol).

i remember back in the day, i found a bottle of like 60 in my moms purse, along with some xanax and ativan.

She had a big ass bottle, and they were tiny pills so i put a handful in my pocket and took 2 of her .5 xanax, and about 10 of her 1mg Lorazepam...

Idk how many i took, but i didnt notice much because i also took those Xanies and Attivans...and Atropine shouldnt be a problem at such small doses even if you took like 60 pills, its like a 1/4 of a miligram

'Thats when i found out that Ativan ROCKS!!!!

Wondering

I get lomotil prescribed. Got me some tab 10s. Been looking around but can't find any info about this. Just wondering if it will boost the tabs like grapefruit,etc. thanks

Thought I'd add my own 2 cents. A little backround, I have been using opiates for about 18 years, and have done everything from methedone to poppy tea. There are not many opiates that I have not used with almost all ROA. I can definately say that diphenoxylate is pretty decent stuff, not the best but a whole lot better than nothing. Though many pills must be consumed for good effects. At the moment I am on 35 of the little buggers, and feel a nice glow. Simaliar to 40 mg of oxy, but lasting much longer. The atropine has never been a problem for me, though everybody's body is different. I reccomend using 30-50 of em to get where you want to be, assuming you have a decent tolly. Also I have to say diphenoxylate is much stronger (for me at least) than demmerol, which never did much for me. Have fun and be safe brothers and sistas

I don't have an extremely high tolerance to opiates, but I do enjoy them, mainly norco. I was prescribed this about six months ago for some serious runs, took it as prescribed and all it did was knock me out. I came across the prescription bottle the other day and did a little research and found that it was an opiate. Took six of them and I must say, it was awesome. Didn't feel anything after about an hour and thought it was a bust and was going to have to wait until I got home and try a larger dose. At about the two hour mark I got a very pleasant all over body buzz. It was one of the most enjoyable highs I have ever had, and it felt like it lasted forever. Best part is I was feeling some withdrawals from my last script, took this and no withdrawal symptoms and today I have absolutely no withdrawals at all. If you know you are going to be out of your drug of choice, go to your doctor and tell them you have diarrhea and loperamide isn't stopping them. They will hook you up with this amazing little pill that will hopefully have the same affect on you as it did me. I know thesis an old thread, but there isn't a whole lot of info out thereabouts this little wonder pill. No affect from the atropine either.

I have crohns disease and so can get unlimited amounts of lomotil. I find it i.s great for opiate wd's I agree with everyone that says the atropine is such a small dose that you won't notice it. I have taken 35 pills at once and all I got was a dry mouth. Now I will say if you are sensitive to atropine that you be very careful and start with a smaller dose. Also if you are worried about the atropine then redose smaller amounts of pills. The half life of atropine Is only 2 hours and the half life of diphenoxylate is 12-16 hours so if you redose after 2 hours t
You will keep the atropine dose smaller. Alot of people say they dont experience anything from this drug but I think you just have to be patient. The atropine counteracts the CNS depressant effects I.e.nodding and buzz. IMO the peak of this drug is around 5-6 hours after eating. I have a decent tolerance but 25-35 pills will give me a decent nod and lasts forever. Sometimes I will go to bed and wake up still feeling warm and fuzzy.

This is very interesting. Much easier than doing cwe. I'll try that stuff asap.

This is very interesting. Much easier than doing cwe. I'll try that stuff asap.

Saw a post on another thread somewhere that said diphenoxylate isn't water soluble but atrophine is, so you could do a reverse CWE to get pure diphen... you would throw away the water and eat the remaining solid material. Haven't done any research on this, but if it is true, then you would be able to take substantially larger doses without as much risk

I absolutely loved the shit a few years back. I've taken up to 100 tablets (2.5/0.025) at once with no negative effects from atropine

NECROTHREAD ALERT

I have a script for Lomotil and I have a medium tolerance for opioids. I've found if you take 20-30 of them (they're tiny, so it's not like taking 30 horsepills) you can get a nice methadone-like buzz. It takes about 2 hours for them to kick in and they last several hours. The tiny bit of atropine is so small that it doesn't affect me at all. I quite enjoy them.

Very interesting.
I have taken lomotil in therapeutic amounts and noticed a nice synergy / potentiating effect between those and percocets, quite by accident, really. However I never took more than six at a time.
I'm out right now but I'll file this in the vault :)

Very interesting.
I have taken lomotil in therapeutic amounts and noticed a nice synergy / potentiating effect between those and percocets, quite by accident, really. However I never took more than six at a time.
I'm out right now but I'll file this in the vault :)

I've taken as much as 40 at a time and have never had a bad reaction. It's also a more reliable high than some other opioids. If I take some tabs or some morphine, sometimes I'll feel it and sometimes I won't. With Lomotil, I feel it almost every time.

@garuda. I generally take 15 to 20 at a time for a good euphoria. The amount of atropine is negligible. It is 1/40 of a standard therapeutic dose. That's to say you'd have to take 40 lomotil to reach a full dose of atropine. Hope this helps.

I had been on Lomotil 20 or so years ago due to the negative GI effects of I.V. antibiotics, but I had no idea it could be used for recreational purposes. I got my doctor to give me 40 yesterday and took 35 about an hour ago. I must say thus far it's amazing! I say this even considering I've been on 350mg of morphine a day awhile ago, so I know I have a high tolerance to opiates. I took them on an empty stomach with some strong black coffee. I just hope this high lasts as long as the other posters said it would. FYI, I'm 5'5 and close to 200 pounds. So cheers!

I had previously reported, I took 35 and felt incredibly euphoric for a long time, maybe 3 to 5 hours. It did remind me of Demerol. I suggest taking it on an empty stomach to get the full effect. What I neglected to report is that a few hours after the high goes away you get a violent fit of throwing up.

Does snorting these make a difference?

Probably not, but snorting atropine is going to increase the anticholinergic effectz. Diphenoxylate also has active metabolites when you eat it so you may lose some effect by snorting.

Do people do this stuff? I have taken lomotil numerous times but never more than 20 and it got me...sorta high but with a lot of unpleasant side effects. Definite strong opiate effect but this is neatly capped by having to increase atropine too which will start to have manifest effects at that dose.

Lomotil probably won't give most opiate tolerant people a great buzz. However, it will help those same people who are going through withdrawal from opiates. Instead of wasting 40+ trying to get high. Split your doses reasonably to help you step down through the worst of the WD's. Ive taking 50 and felt very little in terms of a buzz but, my eyes and mouth were extremely dry and it blurred my vision. It was nothing like Perks....no energy, no super happy but ok and able to function.