Bluelight

Thread: Theory on 'new' cannabis hyperemesis syndrome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details

Finding this forum has really been a great source of information. My husband has been suffering from exstreme abdominal pain and uncontrolable vomiting for ten years. He has had every test they have, been to numerous doctors and hospitals, with no answers. He has had times where he did't have an episode for long periods of time, but neither one of us is sure if it was during a time he didn't use. This last time he had been for weeks and finally after twenty four hours of vomiting, had to go to the ER. The one thing that sticks out here is the hot showers. When this is going on he takes them constantly or takes a steaming hot bath. He states this is the only time he gets relief. This is something I will definately bring to his doctors attention. After all this time we may finally have an answer.

2. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    What about about the "anti-weed" drug RIMONABANT which has the reverse effects of cannabis and users say that when they take it they get reverse munchies and feel sick at the sight of food?
    If you google new frontiers of sobriety there is quite a humourous report on being literally stone cold sober:P

3. Collapse Details

Now see im scepticle about this. Im 17 i live in Queensland, Australia. I smoke weed reguarly especially chronic i hardly get bush, and after about 2 years of daily-weekly use, i started feeling sick every morning i woke up after smoking before bed. I dont actually vomit up food/acid etc i've only every vomitted flem. Straight after i attempt to vommit the flem, i feel better almost instantly. Also if i wake up at a friends house instead of vomitting i've found eating a small breakfast/snack will make me feel alot better along with smoking more cones. Ill'd like to know if i may have this "condition" in the early stages or if the syndrome even exists and isnt blamed on other illnesses.

If anyone has had anything similar to me please let me know as i dont feel that bad, but no one likes waking up and spewing flem. I thought it may have been caused by the tobacco mixed with my weed as tobacco makes me feel less hungry therfor i dont eat for 12 hours or so between sleeping and the hours before/after waking up or going to sleep. I dont know if this is also helpfull but i smoke out of different bongs aswell some are Glass some are homemade, but my friends who i share the bongs with dont currently have what i do.

Ps: I smoke different types of Chronic weekly, with tobacco as spin. I was sure the tobacco was the cause as i dont smoke cigarette's just use them as spin. I've also lost about 10-20 kilo's since smoking weed daily and hardly any of it was from dieting or daily exercise, and no im not anorexic i enjoy food and am still abive the healthy weight average for my age. Any info would be great

4. Collapse Details

This actually scares me. Ive had this happen before. It was horrible. I dont know what happened. I told a friendI think weed is physically addicting for me and that I thought I was having weed withdrawals. It didnt make sense at all. I did have extreme nausea for a week then I stopped smoking so heavy. The weird thing is all I smoked during this time was hash and a few jaydub and am products. There was one point where I couldnt really walk but had to. Im on MMT so I thought it was that. It felt so nasty though. I literally would gag it was so disgusting. I wouldnt even leave my house If I didnt smoke and if I did it felt like my stomach was turning. Now I still smoke but not even close to how much I was smoking. This is weird shit. I dunno what happened but I still feel it almost everyday. I didnt vomit but I did hack shit up for awhile. It Felt like a major issue. I truly dont understand it. This is the most bizarre posting regarding weed I have Ever read. It makes me want to stop.

5. Collapse Details

Maybe it is a marijuana rebound effect?

The only thing I have ever experienced like that from weed is my stomach being fucked up with pain/nausea the morning after an extreme munch session.

6. Collapse Details

i am a chronic abuser of marijuana and i can tell you this has never happened to me. marijuana has never caused me problems besides a little anxiety here and there and the seldom run-in's with the law, but even then it's nothing at all...

7. Collapse Details

I have noticed effects like those described above, but only when I've had a MASSIVE amount of thc in my system. I smoke chronic out of my bong every day, so my tolerance is already pretty high. Sometimes I smoke highly concentrated hash oil (BHO) to the point where smoking anything else doesn't even have an effect. During these periods of extremely elevated thc I get nauseous really easily as well as light headed. It feels really shitty. The only way to make it go away is to just stop smoking anything for a while. So I definitely think there is something to this "hyperemesis."

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by karma2410 View Post
    Finding this forum has really been a great source of information. My husband has been suffering from exstreme abdominal pain and uncontrolable vomiting for ten years. He has had every test they have, been to numerous doctors and hospitals, with no answers. He has had times where he did't have an episode for long periods of time, but neither one of us is sure if it was during a time he didn't use. This last time he had been for weeks and finally after twenty four hours of vomiting, had to go to the ER. The one thing that sticks out here is the hot showers. When this is going on he takes them constantly or takes a steaming hot bath. He states this is the only time he gets relief. This is something I will definately bring to his doctors attention. After all this time we may finally have an answer.
    There is a syndrome that exists without need for cannabis use, called Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, which possibly could be looked into in your situation...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123