• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe helping precipitated withdrawal

wwindexx

Bluelighter
I'm about to dose on suboxone, and I was wondering what I should do if it throws me into precipitated withdrawal. I did about 3 bags yesterday, my last one around midnight last night. It's 19 hours later. Would that send me into withdrawal? What should I do if it does?

If you go into precipitated withdrawal, DO NOT take more Suboxone. That just makes it worse. The only ways out of precipitated withdrawal are to do more heroin or to just ride it out. It doesn't last very long (about an hour), so you might as well just ride it out.

19 hours later? No way to say. There is no standard amount of time to wait. Are you feeling withdrawals? If you aren't, then don't take the Suboxone until you start to withdrawal. Then you will be sure not to precipitate the withdrawals.

Read this chart in order to assess your readiness for buprenorphine:
http://www.naabt.org/documents/cows_induction_flow_sheet.pdf

also, there are SO many posts with tons of info on precipitated w/d help. Just use the search engine.

The hours passed since your last dose should matter less than your condition. The reason I say that is cuz unless you test your dope you can never be 100% sure that a longer acting opioid is not mixed in with your dope. I waited 28+ hours and went into p/w and later my sub doc suggested that I might have been getting something else with my heroin.

My p/w lasted 4 hours and wasn't getting any better. I fixed it by taking dope which I luckily was able to get at 1am.

Last edited:
If you go into precipitated withdrawal, DO NOT take more Suboxone. That just makes it worse. The only ways out of precipitated withdrawal are to do more heroin or to just ride it out. It doesn't last very long (about an hour), so you might as well just ride it out.

19 hours later? No way to say. There is no standard amount of time to wait. Are you feeling withdrawals? If you aren't, then don't take the Suboxone until you start to withdrawal. Then you will be sure not to precipitate the withdrawals.

really? you have found that taking more heroin gets you out of it? I've found it to make me feel worse.

I don't doubt you, I'm just saying that hasn't been my experience.

ETA: You know what, I just realized my p-wds where from naltrexone NOT suboxone, so idk if that makes a difference.

^^^
Just ride it out. You would have to do a lot of heroin to break thru the suboxone. They say buprenorphine is 28x stronger than morphine and heroin is about 3 times stronger. If I were you, wait it out.

What does the potency have to do with anything? I think you are mixing up potency and receptor affinity.

Wtf? Where's all the dummies that used to post here? Nice to see the change in Bluelight ASIO eh?

You pal and secret agent Charlotte Sometime

^^^
Just ride it out. You would have to do a lot of heroin to break thru the suboxone. They say buprenorphine is 28x stronger than morphine and heroin is about 3 times stronger. If I were you, wait it out.

I agree, tried oxy and it didn't help. If it did at all it was psychologicaly.

Well, for me. When I have had precipitated w/d, I have taken a shitload of suboxone like 6 8mg pills and it went away. I had done heroin the night before and then suboxone in the early morning.
I saw that reply number two said not to do this. but it worked for me. several times.

really? you have found that taking more heroin gets you out of it? I've found it to make me feel worse.

I don't doubt you, I'm just saying that hasn't been my experience.

ETA: You know what, I just realized my p-wds where from naltrexone NOT suboxone, so idk if that makes a difference.

More heroin can make it worse, you are right. Well...not worse, but can prolong it. The trick is to do enough heroin to "break through" the dose of buprenorphine. Say you normally do 5 bags on one shot. You go into precipitated w/d, blah blah blah, you fix up ONE bag, and shoot. You're going to feel relief for all of...10, 15 minutes, until the buprenorphine still in your system retakes the receptors. You need to do a bit more to cancel out the effects of the remaining bupe.

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

precip[pated WDs are jt WORRRSTTTTT

i tryed putting a post up b4 but i simply couldnt sit still..

all i kept thinking was "ive beeen thru worse"....bad trips , comedowns, but fuck THAT WAS the WORST besdidse bad trip

I have to agree you need alot of dope to turn it around and it only lasts an hour or so

I've had it last 4 hours (the acute part) and took 48 hours to fully recover from how bad I felt. Never Again. Never.

Precipitated withdrawal answer

Hello. My name is james. I would like to shed some light on the whole precipitated withdrawals issue. I have only expirienced this once. It lasted no more than a hour. I am currently on suboxone and it has done wonders for me. While waiting untill i got my prescription for suboxone i was jonsin and decided to look for some other pills heroin etc. i found some cheap methadone took about 50-70mgs a day for four days. the only reason i needed these was because i ran out of subs a few days early bcuz i had to sell ten to pay a bill. anyways i stopped for 64 hours b4 i took methadone. i was in moderate withdrawal and railed two 8mg suboxone. i immediately went into very precipitated withdrawal. i was so pissed i wondered did i not wait long enuf? well i took another 4mg. i felt better in a bout a hr. but felt a little weird all day. the next day i took another 2 8mg tabs and felt fine. There is a little time as the subs are pushing the other dope off your receptors and the subs waiting to fill the openings where u expirience a condensed very severe withdrawl. Now even for a minute every time i take my subs if i took any other sort of dope i expirience this rapid withdrawal as the opiods are leaving my receptors and the bupe is waiting to come in. usually it is chills and hot flashes, hair standing straight up, sweating etc. IT goes away as soon as the bupe starts filling the receptors. Now for everyone saying the naloxone is causing this they are WRONG. Unless you try to shoot it up even if u sniff it or take it under the tounge only a very trace amount activates. Therefore it is not the naloxone. Also people saying do not take more suboxone is WRONG! DURING THE INDUCTION PHASE SOME PATIENTS NEED UP TO 32 MG OF SUB TO TAKE THE WITHDRAWAL AWAY. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TAKING ANY MORE OR SOME SERIOUS BREATHING PROBLEMS ARE POSSIBLE. TAKING MORE BUP PUSHES THE OPIODS OFF THE RECEPTORS AND FILLS THEM. YES U MAY EXPRIEINCE PRECIPATED WD'S FOR A FEW HRS BUT U WILL SOON FEEL BETTER. THANKS. NE ONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT [email protected]. USE SAFE AND SWITCH TO BUPE. WONDER DRUG.

Now for everyone saying the naloxone is causing this they are WRONG. Unless you try to shoot it up even if u sniff it or take it under the tounge only a very trace amount activates.

You can IV Suboxone, and naloxone still is inactive. The old myth "you can't IV Suboxone" is just that: a myth.

Buprenorphine causes precipitated withdrawal.

I know it has been said, bit I wana say it again to make the point. Precipitated W/D is the worst feeling I have ever felt in my life. I'm not sure if I'd rather be constipated enough to break out the rubber glove, or go through them. We all know about stomach cramps, but I can promise you that the worst cramps I ever had came from precipitated wd. I literally cried from the pain. You do not have to be far into w/d, but take my word for it, if you take it too early, you might wish you had never taken it at all, that's how bad it can be.

Damn, this thread is old. The only "rule" is to make sure you are in withdrawal.

this is old but I think ill add this: the length precipitated withdrawals last for depends upon how much you are using and how long you waited before taking the sub. like people above have said it can be as short as an hour or, like I have been thru while using massive amounts of dope: 6-8 hours of super horrible acute, and another 12 hours of still feeling like absolute shit untill I felt fine. and I had even waited 21 hours till I took my subs. still wasn't nearly long enough.

it only taking an hour is more like for someone who only does a few bags and has already waited a good amount of time.

also doing enough dope will for sure reverse it. not that that's advisable or anything...

this is old but I think ill add this: the length precipitated withdrawals last for depends upon how much you are using and how long you waited before taking the sub. like people above have said it can be as short as an hour or, like I have been thru while using massive amounts of dope: 6-8 hours of super horrible acute, and another 12 hours of still feeling like absolute shit untill I felt fine. and I had even waited 21 hours till I took my subs. still wasn't nearly long enough.

it only taking an hour is more like for someone who only does a few bags and has already waited a good amount of time.

also doing enough dope will for sure reverse it. not that that's advisable or anything...

Actually, ive experienced PW's that only lasted about 5 minutes. Not only does it have to do with how much dope you were doing and how recently you were doing it, but the severity of the PW's has ALOT to do with how much bupe you take for the first dose. Thats why I ALWAYS reccommend only taking like 0.5mg's to 1mg for your first dose. And if you go into PW's it should only last a half hour at most, probably less. But if you feel fine after that dose, you can keep dosing about 1mg every 20 minutes until you feel fine. Usually people can do this and stop after only taking like 3-5mg's....much less than what a doctor would prescribe you. I was able to only take 2mg's when I switched over from a huge IV heroin habit that lasted over 4 years. So I would imagine most people try taking more suboxone than they need the first time just because thats what the doctor says to do, or because they just want to make sure they get out of the WD's they are in.....but this then leads people to think that they NEED that higher dose to feel ok when that really isnt true for the most part. I mean, if you stay at a high dose for a long time, then , yes, maybe then you actually will ned that high dose to feel ok....but if you started at a low dose in the beginning, and even lowered it further soon after that, you wouldnt have to be taking these huge doses of sub like lots of people do....and maybe you will be able to enjoy the full agonists effects of low dose suboxone if you do it right.