• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe helping precipitated withdrawal

This is a situation that is so particular to each individuals habit. i just went through this so recently im still doing it. point being its very specific to the amount of opiate you're coming off of. i was trying to kick a 25 or more bag a day habit. as someone who has felt the 'oh Fuck' feeling you get as soon as you realise you didn't wait long enough, then had to deal with the fall out of precipitating withdraw, i wanted to be extra safe this time. so i took some advice from someone on here and i didn't come straight off my 25 bags. i woke up friday morning, waited till around noon when i was starting to feel a strong urge to fix, and i used 3 bags, one time. that made friday a little difficult at times, but overall it was manageable. and it gave me a good small amount as my 'last used' point. with the help of some benzo's i slept pretty ok friday night, and had no issue using my sub saturday morning. roughly 24 hours later. now i like to iv mine so just in case i did eat the first half i did, that way i could stay in bed and be ready in case i took it to soon. if you're truly trying to kick an opiate habit then a little planning will do you good. and there is a mile sense of accomplishment when you hold out and stay with your plan. when playing with something as painful as precipitating withdraw its worth being safe. good luck, be safe, and know that you can never have to much info.

,I find the amount of sub u take combined with how big ur habit is determines how bad ur pwd will be. For example coming off methadone binge I took 4mg of sub and ten mins later I was in the worst hell of my life. My body got hot, my face flushed, I became dysphoric and confused... then, well if uve been thru it u know the rest. I never forgot that. The next time I came off a long acting opiate with Vicodin...waited 16 hrs. And took 1 mg of sub to start with. Then my heart dropped when I felt that unmistakable flush of pwd coming on. I took a deep breath and buckled down to go thru hell again...but then I was pleasantly surprised when the flush started fading. I think the little bit of sub had to knock off the remaining opiates from my receptors. I was able to dose again shortly afterwards. So be cautious: )

What i am kind of curious to know now, is if doing suboxone via i.v. after being on subutex for 2 days will have any adverse affect? if i shoot say 4mg will the narcon have any affect on the bupe that's already there?

Thankfully never been through them...Almost fucked up one time I think the first time I chipped for a couple days on oxy,decided to try bangin the sub since I had some left over rigs. Right after it I was like OH SHIT because my stomach started burning like hell and I had the shits for a little bit. Glad it didn't get worse because everyone would have known I'd chipped or whatever, being fine one minuite and deathly ill the next,took an hour or so to feel better, then I was okay. And off topic but I always want to say this whenever a suboxone thread pops up, know its poitnless but I really wish people would STOP blabbing that the naloxone is inactive, i do not want to go to a clinic every fuckin' day for my subs, ya know?? The nearset Methadone clinic is 90 miles away and the state I live in there are only 2 clinics, that would suck for me if Subs do end up being a clinic thing...

What i am kind of curious to know now, is if doing suboxone via i.v. after being on subutex for 2 days will have any adverse affect? if i shoot say 4mg will the narcon have any affect on the bupe that's already there?

No it won't have any effect. The naloxone is not active because the bupe has such a higher binding affinity. So, switching to suboxone after being on subutex is the same thing as if you just kept on with the subutex. No difference.

^^

What exactly are you complaining about? You wish people would stop giving others correct information...?

Okay so the *narcan*in suboxen is naloxone and if u read some of the other posts in this thread u will see that it doesn't cause pwd... the bupe itself does. I don't IV so please go back and read older posts...have u taken ANY other opiates in the past two days other than the subutex??

See pointless,lol.
8( yes it is repetitive but precipitated w/d is so horrible I'd rather have a question answered a couple times than have someone go thru it. Plus everyone has different circumstances and experiences so IMO its not a one size fits all question and answer situation... u know???
;)

DAMN. Every time I write a long ass post it say I don't have permission to post??? Ya I want people to have the right information, but sorry if I sound like an asshole but I do not feel sorry for someone who has been addicted to opiates and is going on something called OPIATE REPLACEMENT THERAPY and doesn't do their research on the medication, i'm just always like really?? And a doctor is not going to give you Subtex anyway but with people keep on yammering about how its inactive, whats going to happen to Suboxone? It's going to be in a clinic setting like the UK, then what are we gonna be bitching about? "Well I guese it doesn't have naloxone it, but I love going to the clinic everyday at 5am just to get something with bupe and no naloxone". Sorry have to type quit I may not have gotten my point across.

DAMN. Every time I write a long ass post it say I don't have permission to post??? Ya I want people to have the right information, but sorry if I sound like an asshole but I do not feel sorry for someone who has been addicted to opiates and is going on something called OPIATE REPLACEMENT THERAPY and doesn't do their research on the medication, i'm just always like really?? And a doctor is not going to give you Subtex anyway but with people keep on yammering about how its inactive, whats going to happen to Suboxone? It's going to be in a clinic setting like the UK, then what are we gonna be bitching about? "Well I guese it doesn't have naloxone it, but I love going to the clinic everyday at 5am just to get something with bupe and no naloxone". Sorry have to type quit I may not have gotten my point across.

No I understand.: )
But I know when I was younger I wouldn't consult a doctor I was very misinformed and listened to friends instead of researching. If I had I wouldn't of gone thru that hell to begin with. Suboxen is a medication I avoid now...but I understand it really is a lifesaver for some.
:)

Ya, I mean it makes sense it would come up in this thread but its in every damn suboxone thread, even when not particuarly brought up. We ruin everything for ourselves, and I can not afford to make an 180 mile round trip(i'm sure there are many others in the same boat, my state JUST got a methadone clinic a couple years ago) to the clinic everday, other wise I would be on methadone honsestly. Bupe sucks, but it has saved me, even though I fucked up pretty bad recently, I do not wanna have to make an 180 mile trip for freakin' suboxone I simply could not afford that..

Ya, I mean it makes sense it would come up in this thread but its in every damn suboxone thread, even when not particuarly brought up. We ruin everything for ourselves, and I can not afford to make an 180 mile round trip(i'm sure there are many others in the same boat, my state JUST got a methadone clinic a couple years ago) to the clinic everday, other wise I would be on methadone honsestly. Bupe sucks, but it has saved me, even though I fucked up pretty bad recently, I do not wanna have to make an 180 mile trip for freakin' suboxone I simply could not afford that..
Yea we have the same problem in my area. Its a very small place. The closest Dr. Are over an hr away and its almost impossible to get in. They r usually at Max. Patients and only take in pregnant women in a quick manner. Everyone else has to jump thru hoops, pay an arm and a leg,
and be put on a waiting list. We don't have any methadone clinics closer than three hrs away

So much for harm reduction?? Im not talking about this thread in particular kinda got it off track I apoligise, but most of the time when it's brought up in those threads it's talking about shooting it up and how it will not send you into precipitaded w/d if you shoot it.. How the fuck is that harm reduction? And then the doctors/dea whoever are gonna be thinking "oh we are gettin high by shooting it" SO NOT THE CASE, it really has the same effect just with a shorter half life and you have to use way less than you would under the tounge...

so much for sticking to harm reduction and information.

I think I (and others) gave u some information that u didn't know...no suboxen will not cause pwd when taken after with subutex. It's the same Med: bupe. And I also asked if u had taken any opiates other than subutex in the past two days???

I think I (and others) gave u some information that u didn't know...no suboxen will not cause pwd when taken after with subutex. It's the same Med: bupe. And I also asked if u had taken any opiates other than subutex in the past two days???

No, nothing since the 3 bags friday at noon. does anyone else get headaches with suboxone? but not subutex?

No, nothing since the 3 bags friday at noon. does anyone else get headaches with suboxone? but not subutex?
Yes!!! Its there naloxone. If ur banging it...I dunno because I don't IV. But I know if u take it sublingually u shouldn't swallow the spit that fills ur mouth as it dissolves...hold it in ur mouth then spit it out once it's dissolved.^^^^^ that is the advice, however I ALWAYS get headaches from suboxen.

I only got the headache on the second day of me taking it and it wasnt just a headache it was a straight up migrane, and I was thinking to myself there was no way I would be able to continue taking it but it was just that one day. Awful...throwing up because it was so bad worst day at work ever. But I never can bring myself to spit the spit out though,always think I'm wasting it, although thats probly not true..

Opi... I currently dealing with the same thing. I took my 8mg sub about 12 hrs after taking my last oxy 30mg (4 at a time) pills.. And about an hour later I felt terrible - so I took more and more so on (5 8mg films). And I'm not 100% .. My body aches, sweats off and on.. But no tummy pains or anything terrible - I'm just aching too bad to get up - I'm weak.. My ? Is : will I be better tomorrow? Or how long will this last? And after pw are over can I just take more sub and be fine? Thanks