• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe helping precipitated withdrawal

The last time I was strung out on heroin, suboxone would throw me into withdrawals for 3 days.

Pw

I started on suboxone 8 mg 5 days ago, I was using about 1.5g of china white a day, had not had a shot for 18 hours and within an hour of dosing on sub was thrown into withdrawl, shitting my pants and satuated in sweat. I was warned about PW so waited until I had some early symptoms but still got sick. Took a few days and increase to 12 mg to really feel ok.

I found the best way to start taking Sub is too have your last shot of gear early in the morning then if possible have a few beers and valium that evening so you sleep through the night and when you wake up stay in bed as long as possible and by the time you get up at least 24 hours should have passed and you should be fine to take bupe.

it really is simple, wait until you HAVE to take your suboxone.

I mean, a lot of people consider themselves withdrawaling when in fact they are just craving.

If you wait until you can not bare it any longer before taking your suboxone, then the suboxone will ALWAYS make you feel better, not worse.

Its like, whats the point in taking suboxone earlier than when you need it? all it does is conditions you further into your addiction. Just take it when you need it. Has always worked for me, even when I was switching back and forth from a couple hundred miligrams of methadone, to a half gram of OC, to suboxone, never once went into PW... because I wait until I need to take the suboxone, not wait until I feel a little bad, wait until I NEED it.

I usually try to make it 36 hours after my last shot..i usually shoot a bundle though. dunno if your doing east coast powder or tar or what but waiting less than 24 hours can be a recipe for disaster unless your on a 1 or 2 day "vacation" from bupe

After spending 6mo on methadone at 80mg, I switched to subutex and kinda was jumpin back and forth between h and subutex for a good month. I noticed that I could make it to 36 hours and be in minor withdrawals(cold sweats, eyes tearing, yawning, nothing serious though), and I felt fine when I took the sub. I could have forced myself to wait longer but I guess with all the switching, the heavy dependancy wasn't there..thats my experience atleast.

When I switched from methadone I did H for 3 days, and waited a solid 32 hours, then took subutex, and had no problem transitioning. That was from 80mg methadone too.

After a long run though, say your on H for a year straight, the changeover is harder.

Honestly though the longer you wait the better you will feel. Like everyone said, wait until you can't TAKE it anymore, and nothing will go wrong. If your comfortably sitting at your comp typing feeling a little crave it's not the right time. When you are shitting liquid and throwing up..i.e. moderate to severe withdrawal...you are usually ok to make the switch. There is no magic number but with H say >24 IMO.

Back when I was trying to CT from oxycodone a good year ago, I was like 3 or 4 days into withdrawals and still feeling like death, taking bupe at that point instantly made me feel like 100%! So if you really give the drug time to leave all of your receptors..which sometimes 24 hours is not enough with H, you'll feel better.

Last edited:
bupe is here and there.....

so many factors

so many...............

Just come out of precipitated WD. Was a very scary experience. First i was very dizzy then i fell onto the bed and went from normal to freezing in about 3 seconds. I couldnt breathe and felt like a i was wrapped in an ice blanket. Managed to run a bath and ride out the rest of the WD. Hell! Was close to going to the hospital, but the bath helped. Ughh, what a nightmare.

Took my last shot last night at 6pm yesterday, took bupe at around 11am day after.

Last edited:
You can IV Suboxone, and naloxone still is inactive. The old myth "you can't IV Suboxone" is just that: a myth.

Buprenorphine causes precipitated withdrawal.

Since when is naloxone not active IV? I mean, banging JUST suboxone is fine but if you've got some full agonist action going on and the bang the naloxone would have an effect for sure I would have thought...? Or is it that the bupe has a higher affinity than even naloxone?

S

Just come out of precipitated WD. Was a very scary experience. First i was very dizzy then i fell onto the bed and went from normal to freezing in about 3 seconds. I couldnt breathe and felt like a i was wrapped in an ice blanket. Managed to run a bath and ride out the rest of the WD. Hell! Was close to going to the hospital, but the bath helped. Ughh, what a nightmare.

Took my last shot last night at 6pm yesterday, took bupe at around 11am day after.

That was pretty dumb.

from my experience... i usually can never wait long enough and always put myself into precipted w/d's ... i usually just dose .50mg of suboxone the precipiatd wds last about 45 mins to hour not that severe cause i took small dose...

But its still shitty nonetheless about an hour or 2 hrs later i can take more sub and usually be OK...

Im crazy though ... I IV oxy and i feel like im going into withdrawal 3-4 hrs after my last shot..... lol god i dope is so much better than this oxy bull shit iv... i hate running out a week early

IF YOU WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE IN WITHDRAWAL BEFORE TAKING SUBOXONE THEN IT WILL NOT PRECIPITATE WITHDRAWAL.

Be Warned! That is not always true.

On March 4th 2011. It had been 24 hours since I took my last shot of heroin. I went to sleep with WD's (using a good dose of benzos and phenibut) and as expected woke up in terrifyingly worse WD's. I took a dose of Suboxone figuring that since I'm in horrifying WD's, this Sub will help, this is the right time.

(The significant factor to consider is that I injected the Suboxone, 1.5mg micron filtered. In the past I have always used Suboxone by injection. I have used it for weeks at a time always injecting it. Though I believe this time the problem happened because I injected it as my first dose just transitioning from Heroin. Where before I had taken the 1st dose by sub-lingual route and then started injecting it)

I figured I was in full withdrawal and no opiates were attached to my receptors so the Naloxone and Buprenorphine would not cause a problem. Well it was not the right time, not at all. Even though I was already in excruciating withdrawals, shaking in pain all over, Shivers and chills, waves of heat and cold, inside and out, goosebumps, snot running out of my nose, eyes watered up in tears, bowels aching, the full agony of WD's as I have known them many times before.

I was fully expecting the relief from the Suboxone which I had known on 2 previous occasions when I used the Subs to save me from heroin WD's. One of those previous times I had been in WD's that were far less sever than this time. So fully expecting the relief I was used to from the Subs I was horrified when the freight train of Hell came crashing through my system. As bad as my WD's were, I never in my life had any idea just how bad withdrawals could possibly be until I took that Suboxone.

So even though I was already in horrifying withdrawals, when I took that Suboxone, I entered an experience of agony that no description will ever suffice. WD's 100 times worse than normal. As like the flaming hot claw of a demon piercing my flesh and pulling me into an underworld abyss of torment that ripped my soul apart. No exaggeration, there will never be a way to describe the terror and excruciating torment that I went though from these precipitated withdrawals. Whatever Hell you can imagine it was far far worse.

For whatever the reason even though I was in horrifying withdrawals already, the Suboxone sent me into an unimaginable Hellish inescapable torment 100 times worse. An experience that should not exist in reality.
If I had a gun I would have shot myself. in the head.

You can IV Suboxone, and naloxone still is inactive. The old myth "you can't IV Suboxone" is just that: a myth.

Buprenorphine causes precipitated withdrawal.

The way I always took Subs is IV and it always works super good, best way to take Suboxone is IV by far. But I always took my first dose of Suboxone sub-lingual so the Naloxone wouldn't get in there. The way I figure it when you take the Suboxone for the first time the Buprenorphine has not yet attached itself to your receptors to take dominant hold preventing the Naloxone from grabbing on. So it's like a sperm race for the egg. A lot of Naloxone will grab onto those receptors before and along with the Buprenorphine and fry the fuck out of you which is what I believe happened to me (see my other posts, I'll link once I get privileges). Eventually the Buprenorphine will kick the Naloxone off and take dominance, but that takes time. Till then it's a Naloxone/Bupe fuck fest both raping you worse than a giant black cock gang bang in prison.
Once the Buprenorphine has taken hold of all your receptors, THEN the Naloxone cannot touch you and you can inject the Suboxone all you want. That is my belief anyway.

Trust me. Get yourself a huge Heroin habit and then take a fat shot of Suboxone even when you are in serious withdrawals and see what happens. You will have an experience that you will never NEVER forget. Count on a certain degree of PTSD to boot.

Sometimes when I take DMT or Ayahuasca I commune with God, when Precip.WD's hit me I was raped by Satan and the hordes of Hell , NO Kidding.
I will never see this world the same again.

Maybe it is JUST the Buprenorphine doing it. Maybe.

I precipitated withdrawal once, due to methadone. The worst feeling of my life. It had been almost forty hours with no methadone. I was desperate. In the back of my mind I KNEW it wasn't soon enough to dose sub, so after a few hours of thinking if over I said fuck it, and loaded up maybe 800 mcg of suboxone into a rig. Into my arm it went. Expecting relief, I was immediately aware that I was in big fucking trouble. I could literally feel the suboxone coursing through my body. My insides felt like kerosene, I was nearly convulsing. Horrible diahhreah ensured, vomiting, I could barely stand I was so dizzy. Sweating, burning up, yet freezing. Shaking, RLS so bad I couldn't lie down for more than 1 minute.

It was no doubt the worst experience of my life. I would rather go through another year of chemo therapy for stage 4 Lymphoma, which I succesfully completed last year.

Luckily the hell started to subside after 45 minutes, and I dragged my dying ass to the car and promptly drove and picked up five bags of dope. Getting home, I was still so fucking sick I could barely get my shot ready. But as soon as I put that 5 bag shot in my veins, and felt that beautiful warmness of heroin that I had missed oh so badly the past year I had been on methadone, I was back in heaven.

So in a 3 hour time period I went from the brink of hell, to the depths of hell, back to the brink, and then promptly launched into heaven.

It was a horrorshow, of the worst kind. I am NEVER doing that again. I plan to try and kick methadone in the next few weeks, but and definitely going to substitute a shorter acting opiate for at least five days before dosing sub.

Precipitated withdrawal is not my friend. I wish that experience on onbody. Well, maybe 1 or 2 people, but still. It is horrible.

I can totally relate to everybody's precipitated withdrawal experience here. I had been using heroin for about two weeks. I had money to burn so I was buying really good stuff, and using a lot of it. I had read about precipitated withdrawal before, but I was so stupid to get up in the morning, only about 10 hours after last using heroin, and rail about 6mg of suboxone. Within about 5 minutes I felt as if I was thrown into the pits of hell. I could barely walk, could barely talk, began convulsing, was in a huge amount of pain. I remember getting back into bed and pulling the covers over, as if that was supposed to make it go away. I rang my dealer, and because he's Vietnemese he could hardly understand me, and the phone cut out. I was staying at my mother's at the time, and I thought I better go and score, but that meant an hours drive, and the thought of going outside freaked the living crap out of me, and even if I did, would it work?? So I had to tell my mum about it, and she called the ambos whilst I'm convulsing on the couch. They took forever to come, and they said they couldn't do anything for me. They wanted to take me to the local A&E, but I couldn't bare the thought of laying on a guerney in a hospital full of people. I had never known anxiety this bad. It took about 2 hours for the peak of the withdrawal to subside, but even after that I was really very sick. I didn't sleep a wink that night, nothing at all. The only relief I got was taking a hot shower, so I did that around every 30 minutes the entire way through the night. It was pure brutality. And it was in the middle of winter, so I was freeing cold. I would never wish that experience upon the most evil person. It's so bad I wonder if it's ever been used as a form of torture, as it gets you from the inside out and doesn't leave a mark once it's all over. Well, except for the mark you carry inside your soul. It's almost 18 months since that has happened, and I would really hope that I would never put myself through that ever again.

when in the jail i used to take herin maybe oncce a week and only half a bag as it ws hard to come by and realy expensive tho sub was easily availiable and sold in mg's i quite often used to take 3-4mg after taking heroin the day before and it alwasy made me feel great and helped with the coldness. Loads of people took it for this reason in there, I HAD NEVER EVEN HEARD OF PW

a few weeks ago after taking heroin regularly and scoring an oz of heroin which i ended up not having to pay for due to someone getting jailed for a long time, living miles from each other and only knowing each others name and phone number. i didnt even know this guys right name. he was a contact from jail so i only knew his nickname. so having ll this "free" stuff i had gotten myself quite a heavy habit which was unusual for me!! cut a long story short i always have money to buy heroin but my wages never cleared this week and i felt like i was starting to withdraw with no money i managed to take some valium and crash out. i knew little about withdrawals having been able to afford what i needed and never having took all that much before these few months. Anything when i was WD with no meney etc i remembered i had 12 mg of sub...so in my naievity i remebered jail and though oh yes! im a lucky boy this will keep me going to my money goes in. fuck i had cupcakes in the oven i was making, couldnt have been happier as i chopped up my 1.5mg line...proceeded to snort it and within 1 minute i felt the worst feeling i have ever flt in my life my stomach starting bubbling, i was sooo cold it felt like i was incased in ice it felt like as i moved my bones were crumbling with pain i ran to the toilet and started violently retching and being violently sick then i was sweatin so much lying on the floor going cold then more ickness and cold then intense heat and stomach crmps then i had to sit on the toileyt had the runs and had to be sick in the sink. I really considerd phoning the hospital/ambulance and the only thing that stopped me was the fact my mums best friend works there as a bed manager and i was terrified she would see me even if she never theres a good chnce she would have seen my name and chacked what i was in for and my mum etc could find out about all the smack so i lay on my bed and started searching! found ll this info about PW's and receptors etc that made me feel slightly better cause i knew i wasnt dying but the more i read the more terrified i got posts saying it can last 24 hours to days i started crying! i read posts saying more opiods would help (i had 30 orphine sulphate 100mg slow release) and i read posts saying more sub would help and i read posts saying noting would help! Then after about 25 mins i rapidly started to feel better slowly but surely. i was talking to someone on here and he suggested another .5 sub every 20 mins which i did and ended up fine within the hour. But i can honestly say its EASILY the most horifing and worst most painful experience i have ever had. And this is coming from a guy who has had kidney stones 6 times in including blockages which got me IV morphine in the hospital and oxycontin for the pain at home (not at all common to get that prescribed in uk) and still this was much worse!!

i know i should have checkd things out but to be honest i never checked fucka ll out then, its only since i started reading this forum and read about interactions,potentiating and dangers etc i now check everything..maybe too much actually lol

Funny thing is aswell i had considered taking sub a couple of weeks before when i couldnt get ahold of my dealer as i was feling "a tiny bit cold" defo not actually in withdrawal tho and i had been taking alot of heroin! im so fucking glad i never.... im really not sure i could have coped! i would have defo had to go to the hospital i think i may even hav been happy to admit everything to my mum if it "fixed" me.

I hope by reading mines and everyone elses posts you will wait until your DEFINATELY withdrawing enough to take your sub, its simply just not worth taking before that i would never to be wrything around in bed tears streaming out my eyes full diahorea, the shakes nd loads of pain before i would ever risk sub "to help" with opiate withdrawals again. Infact im kinda terridied of sub now

hope this helps a bit
and good luck wouldnt wish PW on a single person

ST

i always wait at least 24 hours after doing an opioid/opiate before doing subutex and 72 hours before doing suboxone to avoid precipitated withdrawal and on the rare occasion i do go into precipitated withdrawals i use enough benzos to make me blackout until i feel better

I was taking 80 mgs of methadone a day for two years, took my last 40mg dose in the morning and decided 12 hours later i was withdrawing and remembered the good feeling buprenorphine used to give me. The addict in me thought take the suboxone now and youll feel warm and sleep greaat. The smart person in me read the pharmacists suboxone pamphlet and found it to be unclear on precipated wds. I was under the impression it was the naloxone if injected that would bring on this effect. well the addict won and i took 6mgs of suboxone at once. i was thrown almost instantly into full blown wd and i could feel the battle between the methadone and bup in my brain i swear to you. over the night i figured i could push through with more suboxone films and took a total dose including the previous dose of 16 mgs suboxone. It has been 15 hours now or so and im still withdrawing and it sucks. i am tempted to consume yet more of my studpidly expensive suboxone but i feel stable enough now to just ride it out and look foward to my first good dose of bup and to SLEEP!! The point is, as the methadone was knocked off my opioid receptors naturally, you feel the oppposite of good, but once i took enough suboxone to fully overwhelm the methadone on my receptors i stabilized. so im almost happy this happened because now i can dose suboxone without pwds as opposed to waiting the 48 to 72 hours i was supposed to wait.

^^

Methadone has a super long half life.. you need to wait way longer than 12 hours, even longer than 24 hours, before switching to bupe.

lol i know that now. but i was one of the guys who was able to push through the wds with more suboxone, either that or i just rode it out i guess. but my point is, if i had not induced the wd then i would still be suffering waiting to take the sub. im just saying i would rather sprint a terrible sprint then run a longgg miserable marathon you know what im saying.