• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe helping precipitated withdrawal

ill note that when I had it for 18 hours I was in a detox facility And they gave me either 2 or 4 mg first then came back 2 hours later with a second dose while I was in pw. dumb nurses. I should have refused but I wasn't really thinking clear...

Sorry, I just had to respond to this thread, as I have seen lots of them , for several years, and its finally annoying me to the point of no return.....

IF YOU ARE NOT YET IN WITHDRAWAL, THERE IS NO REASON TO TAKE SUBOXONE

IF YOU TAKE SUBOXONE WHILE YOU ARE NOT IN WITHDRAWAL THERE IS A LARGE CHANCE OF IT PRECIPITATING WITHDRAWAL.

IF YOU WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE IN WITHDRAWAL BEFORE TAKING SUBOXONE THEN IT WILL NOT PRECIPITATE WITHDRAWAL.

for fucks sake... its simple.

Sorry, I just had to respond to this thread, as I have seen lots of them , for several years, and its finally annoying me to the point of no return.....

IF YOU TAKE SUBOXONE WHILE YOU ARE NOT IN WITHDRAWAL THERE IS A LARGE CHANCE OF IT PRECIPITATING WITHDRAWAL.

IF YOU WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE IN WITHDRAWAL BEFORE TAKING SUBOXONE THEN IT WILL NOT PRECIPITATE WITHDRAWAL.

Isnt that what we all have been saying?

I mean, has one person even told him to take the suboxone when not in withdrawal? If so, they must have deleted the post cuz I cant find it.

ill note that when I had it for 18 hours I was in a detox facility And they gave me either 2 or 4 mg first then came back 2 hours later with a second dose while I was in pw. dumb nurses. I should have refused but I wasn't really thinking clear...

the truth is, we [addicts] know much more about bupe than doctors and nurses do, at least us smart ones who research... the same things the drs are reading, we can too just by going onto google, and we understand is 10x's better since we actually do it, and also are very interested.

i get wayy better info on BL/internet research than any doctor, i used to tell my dr whod RX me oxycodone a lot of information that he simply didnt understand or didnt know.

same with suboxone dr's, the only thing u need to do to become a certified suboxone salesman is (obviously be a Dr.) take a little test on simple things like side effects, dosing, and stupid shit like that...easy peezy

also, nurses dont realy know shit, they aint close to a doctor.

the truth is, we [addicts] know much more about bupe than doctors and nurses do, at least us smart ones who research... the same things the drs are reading, we can too just by going onto google, and we understand is 10x's better since we actually do it, and also are very interested.

i get wayy better info on BL/internet research than any doctor, i used to tell my dr whod RX me oxycodone a lot of information that he simply didnt understand or didnt know.

same with suboxone dr's, the only thing u need to do to become a certified suboxone salesman is (obviously be a Dr.) take a little test on simple things like side effects, dosing, and stupid shit like that...easy peezy

also, nurses dont realy know shit, they aint close to a doctor.

i agree with you completely that "informed intelligent addicts" tend to know much more about many medical issues and medications than dr's do. its a classic scenario that doing things "by the book" dont necessarily work well in real life situations.

Allthough I disagree slightly that nurses "dont know shit"....in my opinion, nurses know alot more than most people give them credit for. And I know for a fact that they know/do more than they are paid for. Meaning, their salaries do not fully compensate them for the work they do. I know this from personal experience. But of course, there are always exceptions, and there most definitely are "dumb nurses" out there.

Isnt that what we all have been saying?

I mean, has one person even told him to take the suboxone when not in withdrawal? If so, they must have deleted the post cuz I cant find it.

This was more directed at the original potser and potentially people that will after reading his post, go out and start a thread titled "shot dope 3 hours ago, not high, can i take suboxone now?"

ya nurses do all the work while there doc drives around in a porsche

did some H over the weekend did my last shot at 1PM this afternoon when can i do my suboxone I heard it was 24 hrs. or when i am in medium WD

also i was at 4 mg of suboxone

Last edited:

just saying "you need to be in withdrawal dummy!!!" is very missleading. Just being in withdrawal and being in enough withdrawal to not get PW are very very different. I feel like hell after 20 hours and am sure as shit in withdrawal but I know I'm gonna still need to wait at least another 12 hours till I'm thrashing around in bed contemplating blowing my brains out before I can take bupe properly.

the higher your dose and tolerance etc, the more drawn out your WDs are, and the worse they get. people with small habits can wait untilled mild to moderate WD to dose because that's just as bad as its gonna get and it gets to that point quicker. people with bigger habbits need to make damn sure their WDs are as bad as they can possibly be before they can dose with bupe properly.

its not some sure-fire "if your sick your all good" thing. "sick" is a broad term.

yea....i generally say that you need to atleast be in moderate to severe withdrawal before dosing suboxone. basically hold out as long as you possibly can until you get to the point where you cant stop yourself from popping a sub. As long as you have any willpower at al, this should work allright.

Also, its important to only take a tiny amount of sub when you first dose, cuz if you dose to early, the smaller the sub you took, the lsmaller the PW's will be. And if you still feel fine after that tiny first dose after about 20 minutes, your good to go.

be careful man.....people wont stop bitching at me for reccommending suboxone to opiate addicts here on BL. So if you dont want people constantly trying to harass, make fun of, and belittle you....i would tone down the "suboxone hoorahs".

i was just playing around.....people have been giving you a hard time for recommending a god send?

yea, you dont see all those posts of people bitching at me for suggesting sub maintanence? are you serious? its like there is a mob of BL'ers that cant stand me and anything I say they treat as if it came from the mouth of satan.

anyway....like I said...i gotta go watch "High Noon" with my dad, some old western movie. Peace out.

ya true people do seem to be harrasing you. some people cant stand being out witted.

I'm about to dose on suboxone, and I was wondering what I should do if it throws me into precipitated withdrawal. I did about 3 bags yesterday, my last one around midnight last night. It's 19 hours later. Would that send me into withdrawal? What should I do if it does?

just to compare, i did 2 bags of heroin, then i waited about 18 hours before i took suboxone, i didnt have any precipitated withdrawals... i even ivd it.

ive never had PW, and i have only ever waited 12 hours....

mind you i have always tapered prior......

just to compare, i did 2 bags of heroin, then i waited about 18 hours before i took suboxone, i didnt have any precipitated withdrawals... i even ivd it.

doesnt make a dif if u IVd it(maybe like 5-15minute dif)...depends on ur dosage (2 bags is not a lot), how long and how often uve been using

Last edited:
I think the problem is in the semantics. Of course you have to be in withdrawals to take sub, but it has to be PHYSICAL WITHDRAWAL. Right now, after two weeks without bupe, I'm counting the minutes until my appointment this afternoon for my refill. I've been taking loperamide, which is technically still in my system, but I'm in EMOTIONAL and PSYCHOLOGICAL withdrawal. Suboxone, like the pain pills I used to be on, make me feel stable, normal, able. Without them, even if I'm not actively withdrawing, I feel like complete shit.

My last dose of Lope was at 4:00 am, I took about 12 mgs. I'm not sure if I'll even be able to take my Suboxone, no matter how much I want to.

Does it make a difference the size and strength of the dose of the opiate? Or is anything labeled opiate going to cause pwd no matter what?