View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[LSD Subthread] Storage in Tin Foil & Myths

soyboludo

Greenlighter
Acid/LSD stored in Tin Foil - Problem or Myth?

This is almost certainly a myth. Look around on the internet, there seems to be no solid argument why tin foil would catalyze degradation. Moisture, Oxygen, Light and Heat. Those are the catalysts for degradation of LSD. But to keep this open for discussion and to merge in new threads being created about this question, let this be the central thread for it.
[original post:]

Hi guys, this may seem like a really stupid question, but i feel i need to ask the experts(you guys) on your opinion on this. I have a group of friends that i would definitely consider to be LSD snobs(they only eat acid from specific crystal, etc.), that are convinced that storing blotter in aluminum foil ruins the L. They not only say that it ruins it, but it gives the paper a "nasty metallic flavor that makes you throw up". I have always eaten acid stored in aluminum foil and never felt any degredation of potency, or change in flavor. I've even eaten blotter that has been stored in foil for 3+ years without noticing any changes in the chemical. Do any of you guys think that there is any validity to what my friends are saying? It's gotten to the point over the past couple of years that this group of friends won't even eat free blotter given to them because "it's been tainted by foil". Hopefully someone here can clear this up for me, so i can put an end to all this bickering between me and my friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foils recommended, since it keeps out light and moisture.

And tell your buddies that bitter taste isn't LSD. ;)

On the contrary I find the aluminium foil makes the trip righteously mellow. But it must be good quality aluminium foil - not cheap tesco value brands.

I agree with you 100% on foil being recommended for storage(keeps out light, moisture etc.), what im trying to find out is if there is any validity to the argument that aluminun foil can actually degrade LSD in any way, also to find out if it's possible for aluminum foil to actually taint the flavor of a blotter paper which is already known to be LSD.

Hi guys, this may seem like a really stupid question, but i feel i need to ask the experts(you guys) on your opinion on this. I have a group of friends that i would definitely consider to be LSD snobs(they only eat acid from specific crystal, etc.), that are convinced that storing blotter in aluminum foil ruins the L. They not only say that it ruins it, but it gives the paper a "nasty metallic flavor that makes you throw up". I have always eaten acid stored in aluminum foil and never felt any degredation of potency, or change in flavor. I've even eaten blotter that has been stored in foil for 3+ years without noticing any changes in the chemical. Do any of you guys think that there is any validity to what my friends are saying? It's gotten to the point over the past couple of years that this group of friends won't even eat free blotter given to them because "it's been tainted by foil". Hopefully someone here can clear this up for me, so i can put an end to all this bickering between me and my friends.

lolz @ being one of the "experts" <3 ;) thank-youuu

Aluminum foil does not affect the potency of LSD.

The "nasty metalic flavor" does in fact indicate a Research Chemical (DoX) rather than LSD, it often come with a body load that can make you nauseous and lead to vomiting.

I love that your from New Mexico and have friends that will only eat acid from "specific LSD crystals"... there is only one kind of LSD crystal and that is LSD... there have been many discussions on this subject, there is degraded LSD and RC's being passed off as LSD and weakly dosed LSD, but LSD IS LSD IS LSD <3

*Love*Lite*, obviously you are misunderstanding my question on taste. Myself and any person other person(except for this one group of people) who has eaten any of said blotter can taste only the paper. These people claim that the paper and L has actually changed flavors due to being stored in foil. This has nothing to do with the nasty bitter flavor from RC's.

BTW, why the condescending attitude towards New Mexico? There are good communities all over the world of like minded people, is it that hard to imagine the "Land of Enchantment" as having one of those communities?

Last edited:
I understood your question.

No. LSD is not affected by the foil, not in its taste, not in its potency.

No love lite was right on point man.

That bitter taste is usually a good indicator of DOB or DOI and the likes, NOT LSD.

Aluminum foil in the fridge or somewhere cool is usually how I used to store my cid, and it was always nice and strong, even after sitting for a few months. Just my experience though.

wow i figured I would get more opinions on this. Just goes to show how stupid of a question it really is, and how obvious the answer is. Unfortunately this won't do anything to sway my friends from forever believing that aluminum foil ruins LSD. It's a shame to, because they will continue to miss out on all of the fun everyone else is having around them. Oh well, their loss.

It's what you believe in, that effects the trip.
Foil works well from what i remember, this is what i did many moons ago.
Cheers

Yeah, I agree with you Toltec, what you believe in is what effects the trip. There probably won't be any way to break the mindset these people are in, except for giving them L stored in foil and telling them it's never been stored in foil. I'm not the kind of deceitful person that would do this to my friends, however it would be interesting to give them some "foil tainted L", just to see their reaction. Most likely they would have a great time until someone told them that the L they ate actually has had contact with foil at some point, then panic would most likely ensue.

BTW, in my original post I should have made my sarcasm more implicit when I said "I have a group of friends that i would definitely consider to be LSD snobs(they only eat acid from specific crystal, etc *sarcastic tone*). I definitely realize that LSD is LSD, however these guys always have some stupid name brand associated with the L they eat like: silver, velvet, fluff,czeck,swiss, and the list goes on and on.

Ive been storing LSD in foil for years and have never noticed it changing the taste or potency. If your tab's taste metallic at all it's not LSD and is probably a DoX. I would write off what your friends are saying as nonsense , it's their loss if they don't wanna eat your tab's.

Last edited:
I thought silver, fluff, lavender & needlepoint were different types of LSD crystal, products of different LSD chemists / different cooking methods? Which may have some marginal differences in purity, but basically are the same product, just look different... right?

Bits of paper do tend to taste bitter don't they? I've never found a bit of paper that tasted like a mars bar. Arn't people just confusing the taste of the paper with the taste of the drug? =D

Yeah, I've had blotters that tasted a bit funny but were surely LSD. I presume it's either the paper or the ink...

shit does aluminum foil affect the way your sandwich tastes? or your gum? Just another stupid LSD rumor.

Wow, I question how much experience some of you have with pure acid crystal, how many pages you've laid, and just about everything.

Yes, aluminum can effect your blotters. First, it can protect it from harmful UV light exposure in the environment.

Second, the aluminum can act as a cosmic reflector, trapping the cook's karma within the paper and preventing outside influences from getting in and seeping into the paper/acid.
This can be a benefit or detriment to your product depending on who made it and who's hands it passes through. HOWEVER there is one solid detriment to aluminum foli- The foil has its own nature and karma, and if you wrap your paper with the shiny side facing in, it reflects the foil's influence back and forth, saturating the paper.

Basically it is the same effect that produces a laser. In a laser, light reflects back and forth in a tube until it is all the same wavelength and capable of breaching the filter and emitting itself. With foil there is no filter for the karmic radiation to escape, and when the shiny side keeps reflecting it even the low potency Al karma becomes embedded in your paper. If you use the dull side it doesn't get a good mirror effect, and the karma disperses.

OF COURSE most people don't notice the difference, just like they can't tell the difference between a DOx blotter and pure fluff. I'm convinced that most people wouldn't even be able to tell if Hitler made their acid out of jew tears--- But just think about how fucked up everyone's life is and you can understand how it works.