• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[LSD Subthread] Storage in Tin Foil & Myths

^^man, were you tripping when you wrote that?

"the foil traps the cook's karma and acts as a cosmic reflector", sorry dude, but i lol'd.

Ok... I think we got enough proper responses in this thread. Aluminum foil is a proper storage device for Lucy and will not effect the taste or potency.

Closed <3

LSD not wrapped in foil

Just recently picked up lsd in a film canistet, the type is blotter, Red Shivas. There is five in there not wrapped in foil..how bad is this for them? Will they degrade or already have been degraded horribly?

we cannot tell you how they were stored prior to your possession. also we have no way of knowing the original lsd content. safest to assume they are full potency, and put them in foil cold storage if you don't intend to consume soon.

They were just taken out of the foil today and prior to that they were in my friends posession in foil in his drawer, but for some reason he just put them im foil canister without the foil...

Just recently picked up lsd in a film canistet, the type is blotter, Red Shivas. There is five in there not wrapped in foil..how bad is this for them? Will they degrade or already have been degraded horribly?

As long as its out of direct sunlight and excessive heat it will last a long time. Foil is just a convenient way to keep the light out, film canister should work fine too... LSD is a sensitive molecule, but its not that sensitive... at one point (a few years past) I had been storing a small number of acid hits in my freezer for a couple of years in a little amber vial with a package of desiccant in it, and I couldn't notice any degradation when I finally got around to consuming them.

I honestly use glossy magazine paper in my room with no issues what so ever. Or a bag. Low humidity and light prevention are key. The film canister is ideal, just don't let it build moisture as mentioned above.

I like to carry mine in my hand, no baggy, no foil, sweat, oils and all for a few hours before ingesting. I feel it gives me a bond with the molecules before I embark on a trip. I make sure they feel the warmth of the suns rays and have a few sips of chlorinated water when they get thirsty.

I like to carry mine in my hand, no baggy, no foil, sweat, oils and all for a few hours before ingesting. I feel it gives me a bond with the molecules before I embark on a trip. I make sure they feel the warmth of the suns rays and have a few sips of chlorinated water when they get thirsty.

Please don't post these kinds of responses. Believe it or not someone is likely to take that seriously. Posting that kind of thing doesn't help anyone.

i dont think its a problem in the short term. with a dessicant bag inside it can last for quite a while.
i actually have several chems kept in film canisters, or vitamin vials.. seems to be the best at ensuring dark places...

cheers

isn't there something regarding aluminum and LSD being less than ideal...??

i remember reading that aluminum is an element which is not the best to have in contact with acid. i don't remember it being stated as a red-flag, but more as a contraindicative note. i've certainly had acid in foil before, without noticeable degradation, but my encyclopedia-of-memory mind is pulling a vague recollection to the surface here.

i always pictured the best was 'acid-free paper' to wrap it in. lol, i know it sounds funny, but its art paper which is void of 'acids' which corrupt drawings and whatnot in the long-term. don't know if i read this was the most ideal or just came to it myself, but it seems like putting the 'acid' into the 'acid free paper' is a perfect harmony of acid and non-acid lol.

any notes on this, my more-so chemistry minded counterparts...??

I'd say aluminum foil won't hurt if the blotters are dry. Normal aluminum is pretty unreactive since its surface is coated with a thin layer of oxide (Al2O3) that protects the elemental aluminum. On the other hand, under acidic or alkaline conditions the oxide layer dissolves and exposes the metal itself. But then, LSD will likely degrade or isomerize in such a solution anyway, foil present or not.

Should be fine I think. I'd keep the canister closed though. Better is to put the blotter in a baggy to protect from oxygen and moisture in the air. Then put in the film canister to protect against light. That should be absolutely fine. I don't think your acid is degraded significantly, I have heard of blotter being stored quite inappropriately and forgotten for months and when found discovered to still be plenty potent.

But no one can answer this question for sure, it is always a bit of a guess with these things. If for some reason it heats up for a while standing over a radiator for example this would not be very good.

Let's see what other kinds of answers we're getting after this - cause I think all the above is quite sufficient for you to be informed.

What's more, we have a storage and stability subthread for LSD:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/508286-LSD-Subthread-Storage-amp-Stability

I've heard from people who've had blotters stored between pages of a book or otherwise room temperature with minimal exposure to moisture for decades and they claimed it was just as good as new.

But I've also personally had blotter sit out in a CD case on the dash of my car over the course of a few hot days and I'm pretty sure that sheet was like half as strong as it should have been afterwards.

No excessive heat and no moisture, and no prolonged (as in, probably weeks before any noticeable difference) exposure to light, and I think LSD will keep for quite a while.

apparently, there was some sandoz acid from way back when that was being shared at hofmann's 100th birthday, and no one noticed any loss of potency. it was stored in a brown vial at "room temperature" for at least 50 years, you can probably find out more using google

why do you think tinfoil is some kind of holy grail ???????

Since this is a recurrent topic, I made it an official one and added it to the B&D LSD OP.

Merged in a running thread.

The best way to store it is to not. Share as soon as possible, if its real, that is. LSD is a delicate crystal that is difficult to understand. Everything we do in life can impact anything else. The way quartz holds information, LSD can carry intent, direction, purpose and an infinite other amount and of influences. Set and setting go beyond your boundary and brain; where it came from and the objective desired varies differently, and mistakenly. Love is all that matters.

I only use tin foil for reheating pizza or ribs;

I find I can't make an air tight seal with it.

In the 1960's tin foil was the miracle product, everyone used it to seal up stuff for a few weeks in the freezer.

Saran wrap came out after that and a slew of plastic wraps have taken over the seal up leftovers division.

In the last 40 years small plastic baggies with sealing tops have taken over for drugs.

personally I store my blotters some place dry and dark and locked.
I carry them wrapped in paper, tin foil is too fussy and flashes, this gets attention which I would avoid as well.
I have black photographers foil but never did anything drug related with it, though it probably trumps aluminum foils

Old thread, but bored and can’t stop reading.
Pupnik got me thinking of the black foil or cinefoil for storage. It’s thick and black.
So i looked up the msds for it and it contains silicon, iron, copper, magnesium, etc.
Also there is a non-availabe under the wrap’s coating and an indication of a mild chronic iritant, yadda yadda.

I won’t be using this now, as it has much more than assumed contained.