• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Official Amsterdam/Netherlands Questions Thread

Cool. I'll leave the coke thing. Can't be bothered trying to hassle random people into becoming my "friend" so they can hook me up with coke & I don't fancy getting robbed by a big dude on a street corner. Plus, now that I think about it, why would I want to waste weed money on coke?

Actually, every coffeshop has its own rules concerning tobacco. Some touristy ones in the Centrum will not allow tobacco/tobacco joints at all, some will ask you to keep it discreet, and some don't care at all. And yes, you can buy weed and hash in the streets, and it will become more prevalent when the "ban" comes in on the 1st of January 2013.

I'll be there on Friday so I'm not into buying weed on the street when I can buy it in a coffee shop.

See if I just ask "Is it OK to skin up with tobacco?" will they automatically say no, even if they wouldn't bother if I'd just done it, or will they be honest & say no problem, not at all or just keep it discreet? Because I'm cutting about on my own & I hate cunty tourists anyway, I want to try my best not to offend anyone, or do anything that I shouldn't lol.

I hope this isn't considered sourcing, but any recommendations for good coffee shops? I'll be on my own so I want some quiet (or just spacious) places that I can properly chill in, not some place where I need to squeeze into a seat next to some random crowd. I want to be able to plank my arse on a couch, on my own, with a table & be anti-social if that's the mood I'm in (which is often the case if I'm very stoned). I also want to get stoned right out my fucking tits, so comfortable place to chill without getting in people's way, or them getting in mine, would be good.

What are some good coffee shops music wise? I don't want to be getting a smoke to some fucking metal or something. Any places that play decent hip hop? Not solid stoner shit, like Cypress Hill & Snoop Dogg on repeat all day. Like proper good hip hop. Also just places that aren't over-crowded & have friendly staff, that I can chat to about different weed, get a look at it before buying etc, as oppose to just being expected to pick something off the menu, pay & get to fuck.

Any other general tips for someone in their 20's who'll be in Amsterdam for 5 days on their own would be appreciated. I'm not too arsed about culture & shit. I want to get stoned & chill out.

I'm staying in The Greenhouse Effect, seems decent enough from what I've read online. I'm not staying in a mad shared room or anything, own room with en-suite & seeing as it's also a coffeeshop I assume they don't give a fuck if you blaze in the room. Last time we went we ended up in a proper posh hotel (because we got a cracking deal), every other cunt was a businessman at some big conference that was on. They had shit everywhere saying "WE DO NOT TOLERATE THE USE OF HARD OR SOFT DRUGS" but in saying that, the maid came busting in to clean the room while I was attempting to finish a massive blunt we'd been smoking for hours & didn't seem to care too much.

Also, everything I've read seems to suggest that the place pretty much shuts down around 3am, is this the case? I'd often want to be out later than that, not really clubbing all night or anything, just cutting about, sitting in coffee shops, getting a smoke, same shit I'd be doing during the day.

Last edited:
See if I just ask "Is it OK to skin up with tobacco?" will they automatically say no, even if they wouldn't bother if I'd just done it, or will they be honest & say no problem, not at all or just keep it discreet?
IDK, I've never asked, it's easier to get permission than forgiveness. Dutch people roll baccy spliffs, I think the pre-rolled joints have baccy in, so it's fine. Just don't make it obvious. It is hilarious when you see signs saying "No smoking tobacco, cannabis only". I like to imagine the altercation with a policeman
"What is thish you are shmoking?"
"It's a spliff officer, honest, no tobacco!"

All the coffeeshops kick at at 1. I'm sure there's bars and pubs still open, and you can smoke weed in the smoking area at least, or even openly inside. If not, just buy a fat sack of weed, get some mushrooms down you, and roam around the Red Light District tripping your bollocks off all night. That's how I'd carry it, anyway.

The law regarding tobacco is fairly lax as coffeeshops interpret it as smoking an actual cigarette as opposed to a joint so for them to check everyones spliff would be retarded as most people use at least a bit of baccy. If you're paranoid just make sure there's enough weed to drown out tobacco smoke. Also they sell hash which is best smoked with tobacco so I doubt they give a fuck. It's just another EU law thing that has been around for about 10 years so why should anything have changed now? Last time I was there they don't check anywhere, I think if you spark a ciggie up then you will be asked to put it out and that's it.
SO this pass is actually happening and you're only allowed to buy 3g? Does this 3g register on the card or something? How will they attempt to enforce that?
Also Vader Mushrooms are banned there now.

IDK, I've never asked, it's easier to get permission than forgiveness. Dutch people roll baccy spliffs, I think the pre-rolled joints have baccy in, so it's fine. Just don't make it obvious. It is hilarious when you see signs saying "No smoking tobacco, cannabis only". I like to imagine the altercation with a policeman
"What is thish you are shmoking?"
"It's a spliff officer, honest, no tobacco!"

All the coffeeshops kick at at 1. I'm sure there's bars and pubs still open, and you can smoke weed in the smoking area at least, or even openly inside. If not, just buy a fat sack of weed, get some mushrooms down you, and roam around the Red Light District tripping your bollocks off all night. That's how I'd carry it, anyway.

Aye, I always find it really funny that in Amsterdam you can't smoke a fag indoors but you can smoke a big 12 skinner cone quite happily.

Is the red light district still busy after 2/3am? Don't the hookers have a closing time as well lol? Not that I'd be out looking for a 5am hooker or anything, just that I've heard it's actually one of the safest place in the city to wander about, due to heavy police presence & all the private security for the birds.

Hi PCrackhead

Long time lurker, but saw you thread and wanted to offer a bit of advice as AMS is my passion, although dont get there anywhere as much as I want!

The redlight district is open all night, but as you would expect does quiten down to the hard core few after 3am. It is safe to wander around there, and I have done on my own plenty of times, but would always advise keeping your wits about you. It is no where near as bad as it was 10 years ago, but there are plenty of smack heads who would quite happily help themselves to your money should they get a chance.

It is packed until 2-3am and so cant go too far wrong as there are people everywhere, after 3am I would advise keeping to the main streets, there is no need to go down the alleys anyway.

You will get offer coke on the street and I would avoid it, mate bought some last year and he ended up with a 3 day migraine, so I would avoid and its teh smoke you wnat to enjoy anyway.

I have scored in the bars and has been successful, so if you do meet poeple over there then its a bonus, but dont go looking for it or else you will be dissapointed.

Most coffee shops will let you roll with baccy, and they will come around and ask you to hide the cigarettes/baccy from the tables. Most of teh bars will let you smoke as well.

You will probably find that they will charge you 1 or 2 euros for an ashtray. This money goes into the kitty to pay the fine that they will get. The fine is so small that the odd euro or 2 from every smoker pays it and everyone is happy.

My favourite cafe is De Huil or 420 http://www.420cafe.com/ always good skmoke and great atmosphere. luckily my favourite var is located right next door showing all sports and is smoke friendly http://www.nightbaramsterdam.nl/UK/homepage/ and is open late

There are some great clubs as well, but get on teh net and find the music that suits you.

If you are trollied during an afternoon and want somewhere to relax in peace then you have to go to Lost in Amsterdam

http://www.lostinamsterdam.com/

For some good trip reports go to:

http://coffeeshopdirect.info/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=131ae7a062bc20dd81564cfcf03809ef
http://www.ignatzmice.com/forums/ This one is a board for teh hookers, but has a great smoke section and fantastic trip reports

Hope this helps, but if you have any questions then let me know

Cheers

Besty

Ooh, erm.. 420/de Kuil is good, but more of a pub atmosphere and not comfy sofas. The Doors has a sofa and mirrorball. But both are more rock music.. I've heard good things about Dolphins, but only poked my nose inside and didn't realise there was a big upstairs area, was playing hip hop though. I prefer to buy from Grey Area and smoke elsewhere.

As for other stuff, the museum of fluorescent art is quite fun. You'll spend a lot of time avoiding bikes and getting lost, anyway.

I love the place, will be there again for New Year's Eve. :D

I'm ment to be there on the 12-15th of December aswell. So what we're saying is I won't be able to buy any smoke in the coffeeshops? I know I'll manage to score MD/pills and hash on the street, just I'd rather have the coffeeshop type selection/experiance with the smoke.

Also anyone recommend any good clubs/pubs? I'll be doing my own research nearer the time anyway just handy to have a starting point.

Chilled out places I liked were De Kuil, and De Kroon just across from it, Popeyes, Siberie, Reefer (next to Bluebirds), and Stix. To be fair I'd find the red light district fair sketch on my own, I got threatened to get stabbed there once and a junkie pulled out a needle threatening to give me HIV, and that was in a group of 3 of us. We were fucked though so probs thought we were easy prey.

The cannabis cafes a must for a stoner, its pretty interesting and you get to use the Volcano as well. Is there no decent club night on whilst your there? Could get a few eccies and have a rave

I'm ment to be there on the 12-15th of December aswell. So what we're saying is I won't be able to buy any smoke in the coffeeshops? I know I'll manage to score MD/pills and hash on the street, just I'd rather have the coffeeshop type selection/experiance with the smoke.

December will be fine in Amsterdam.. any changes will be after 1st January, if anything does happen. (It's only the southern-ish parts of the country that are curently affected.)

Cheers for the info. Keep it coming ;)

Chilled out places I liked were De Kuil, and De Kroon just across from it, Popeyes, Siberie, Reefer (next to Bluebirds), and Stix. To be fair I'd find the red light district fair sketch on my own, I got threatened to get stabbed there once and a junkie pulled out a needle threatening to give me HIV, and that was in a group of 3 of us. We were fucked though so probs thought we were easy prey.

The cannabis cafes a must for a stoner, its pretty interesting and you get to use the Volcano as well. Is there no decent club night on whilst your there? Could get a few eccies and have a rave

Probably is some decent club nights on but there's been plenty of banging nights on here the past few weeks & Ricardo at Subby the weekend after I get back so I'm not really interested in going clubbing. I just want to smoke a power of weed & chill out.

I'm not concerned at all about wandering about the red light district when it's busy (my hotel is right on the edge, or possibly actually in, the red light district so I couldn't avoid it if I tried). I'd be a bit more sketch if the streets were empty but when it's busy there's tons of cops & private security about, some daft junkie tries to rob me & he's getting telt to fuck clean off.

Leidseplein PT. Away from the red light crap when you fancy a break. Get a map. It's walkable and not difficult to find. But when there, don't be retarded and go in the Bulldog. Theres some nice dope cafes up there.

/areas

Amsterdam gets mobbed with nobs at weekends.

If you want to go somewhere more chilled, and with better, and cheaper weed and hash, go to Haarlem, is only about 20 mins on the train iirc...just go for an afternoon and grab some decent smoke and relax without the stag-dos etc.

Ah fair enough. Meant the museum by the way. I'm sure you'll just end up getting blazed and trotting round. I enjoyed the street shows in Dam Square, but I dunno if they'll be on at this time of year. A chocomels a must as well, as is a prossie if your free and single lol.

^ (MM)

But he won't. That's not personal PT, just realistic.

Forgot to mention, Leidseplein is where Milkweg and Paradiso are. Kind of.

But you won't go there either. Haha.

Get out of the red light at least! I'm not being 'cool'. It's shit!

dan88

Thanks, I've had nepalese temple ball from Stix before actually. My mate who took it back said it was a nice place, heard good things about De Kuil and Popeyes before aswell. Souds good.

Yeah I've been roped into going over for Swedish House Mafia's last tour. Their musics ok I just don't agree with it not being a live mix. Will still be good though and after a hard night on the sesh it will be a heavy tour on smoke with a few nice pints.

swampdragon
December will be fine in Amsterdam.. any changes will be after 1st January, if anything does happen.

Thought it was November. Perfect time to be going then :D

Ah fair enough. Meant the museum by the way. I'm sure you'll just end up getting blazed and trotting round. I enjoyed the street shows in Dam Square, but I dunno if they'll be on at this time of year. A chocomels a must as well, as is a prossie if your free and single lol.

Chocomel is the greatest thing ever when you're stoned