Bluelight

Thread: sleeping while on shrooms

1. Collapse Details
    sleeping while on shrooms 
    the last time i did shrooms(new years) i was peaking and it was kind of a bad trip (probably cause i had smoked weed and it was making think weird) so anyhow i got kind of tired and was considerign sleeping but was worried this would have some bad effect on my brain. can sleeping on shrooms cause any damage?

2. Collapse Details

I don't see why it would. I have never been able to sleep while tripping, because I was just too stimulated by the whole bit, but if you could relieve a bad trip by sleeping it off then by all means go for it.

3. Collapse Details

Definitely would not cause any damage. You may have trouble getting to sleep though. My mind was always too active to sleep.

I used to take a low dose (1 gram) and take a nap (fall asleep before it kicks in). I would have awesomely vivid and wild dreams.

4. Collapse Details

Tryptamines in general do weird things to your dreams.

5. Collapse Details

It doesnt damage anything, its just fucking hard to do.

I ate an E once at about 1am and lied down on my bed around 2 or 3. I wouldnt say i fell asleep, but i was listening to the Gorillaz and was in some trance/dreamlike state. It was crazy and vivid and a pleasurable experience, but it wasnt sleep.

6. Collapse Details

I have seen people fall asleep on shrooms before and appear to be having a very deep sleep... i guess the over load of shrooms, plus already being tired can result to this. I certainly don't think it would do you any harm. In fact, if you're that tired where you need to sleep, then it's best you do it.

7. Collapse Details

Yeah, and it depends on dose and time elapsed since dosing, especially on a heavier trip. I've had trips, OP, where the only thing that would make me somewhat at peace would be to try to sleep, wich inevitably ends in ego dissolution. It's not really sleep, but time passes, and before you know it you wake up soberesque. I find concentrating on closed-eye visuals in a dark comfortable room is best, preferably with some soft percussion meditation music, or whatever feels best at the time.

8. Collapse Details

I've always wondered this, as I had an experience when I was sixteen that was very intense, and very long. I remember eating an 1/8th of dank mushies from a Wide Spread Panic show, and started tripping balls. I got the bright idea to eat another 1/8th about an hour and a half later, and I didn't recall anything for a good two and a half hours. When I came to, I thought to myself that I must have been dreaming, looked in the drawer and ate the 1/8th that was left in there, thinking I had never even dosed yet. Shortly after, I realized I'd consumed 3/8 oz of dank hydroponics, and tripped for a solid thirteen hours.

Now, I have always wondered, did I fall asleep for that two and a half hour gap, or was it possible that it was a blackout? I also have always wondered if I did any significant damage from that.

I'm sorry if this is too off-topic for this thread, I just felt that it did have a little in common with it.

Much love,
    stonedandrolling89

9. Collapse Details

^Hydroponic shrooms?

Blackouts are "realtively" common on mushrooms- truth is, you were probably doing 'stuff' but perhas not much. I sat with a friend during a shroom-out and he can't remember a thing, but all he did was rub his left cheek over and over again, asking "Who am I?"...besides having abraded skin on his face from the incessant rubbing, he was fine. Its unlikely you damamged your mind in any way...

But, sleeping while on mushrooms is certainly not dangerous at all.

10. Collapse Details

thats over 10g of mushies dude....jesus what are you made of steel or something? & Hydroponic shrooms?

11. Collapse Details

Australian Drug Discussion
    Doubt it would be damaging to your brain in anyway. But ime with shrooms and psychedelics in general, good luck sleeping mate, for me it aint happening.

12. Collapse Details

I've dosed twelve or thirteen a couple or times and suffered no ill effects. We;;, other than expected. It's not a recommended dosage, but for ego death, they're work very well for me. Gentle dissolution and release.

13. Collapse Details

And I think the reason some people think it's dangerous to try to sleep on mushrooms is because it often does feel like death if ego loss occurs. Hrm, just thought of that now for some reason.

14. Collapse Details

10g of shrooms sounds like a nice dosage... the best I've done was 40g fresh + 3g dry (cubensis) with 5g rue and it was amazing. I truly achieved ego death that evening.. I was in direct communication with the entity formerly known as "god" and it taught me the mantra "iaraneeawakenkuwakengamaken" which I chanted repeatedly while practicing some kind of weird yoga, lying on the floor. I came to the realization that this mantra was the name of "god" in the language of "god" and by chanting it in a certain melody and rhythm one could achieve a perfect harmony with the universe.

Although, this only worked as long as the trip lasted. I haven't tried it after that, I guess it requires a very certain kind of mental state to be truly effective... or, on the other hand, it could have just been that I was tripping balls

15. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    i've tried many of time to sleep on shrooms, caus i'll get really tired sometimes on it, but i'll just lay there and trip.. i've never been able to sleep trippin

16. Collapse Details

Wow ^^^^ Tired of shrooms? I wish I could GET shrooms, nevermind be TIRED of them ;-)

to all though

17. Collapse Details

Grow them yourself!

18. Collapse Details

I've fallen asleep right after taking some 4-aco-dmt. I personally really don't like being overtired while tripping - it enhances the sketchiness that can push a trip around. If you need to sleep, sleep. Still, it was very interesting for the first hour or two...

And it didn't do any harm. Sleep is great!