Bluelight

Thread: shrooms in georgia

1. Collapse Details
    shrooms in georgia 
    Was wondering if anyone knows if psilocybin cubensis shrooms grow in the areas around atlanta... I hear they grow in southern georgia, but not sure about my area... just east of atlanta. there are plenty of cow pastures nearby, and I was hoping to go shroom huntin any tips ?

2. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    MAPS Forums
    cubensis are native to the entire southeast u.s. I'd pick up a mushroom identification guide and do some studying before you go, as some poisonous mushrooms also grow in the south. If at all possible find a trustworthy person with experience doing this in your area, and try not to tresspass. happy hunting!

3. Collapse Details

Weillie (i know i butchered that) check erowid for the name...

it grows in 6 counties of Ga, nowhere else in the world....

Bit late in the season for that one, i believe its more of a fall mushroom.... but maybe they sprout in the spring time too... I hear they are a very potent species....

4. Collapse Details

Mushroom
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaica0535 View Post
    Weillie (i know i butchered that) check erowid for the name...

it grows in 6 counties of Ga, nowhere else in the world....

Bit late in the season for that one, i believe its more of a fall mushroom.... but maybe they sprout in the spring time too... I hear they are a very potent species....
    weilii are great mushrooms, if you can find the right patch your in for a treat thats for sure. As far as other cubensis, I've been picking field shrooms for quite a few years, and the spring time is were its at in Georgia. Right after it rains for a good while go scope a field out with cows (be careful, you are liable to get shot if you trespass). I lived on the south side of ATL for most of my life, and i sure as shit didn't have a problem finding enough sources of them Happy Hunting!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by xploit View Post
    weilii are great mushrooms, if you can find the right patch your in for a treat thats for sure. As far as other cubensis, I've been picking field shrooms for quite a few years, and the spring time is were its at in Georgia. Right after it rains for a good while go scope a field out with cows (be careful, you are liable to get shot if you trespass). I lived on the south side of ATL for most of my life, and i sure as shit didn't have a problem finding enough sources of them Happy Hunting!
    im hoping to go hunting again for them again some time....

as it happens to be most of my time is spent in 2 of the 6 counties its found in....

6. Collapse Details

thanks for the replies. I have a friend who has some experience... he says best time to go find them is around 4am about 24 hours after a rainstorm. I've been on erowid alot lately making sure I kow exactly what cubensis look like. I just heard that they are a fall and spring species around here.

wish me luck ^_^

7. Collapse Details

Georgia
    Gymnopilus junonius
    Gymnopilus luteofolius
    Gymnopilus luteus
    Panaeolus cinctulus
    Panaeolus cyanescens
    Panaeolus olivaceus
    Psilocybe atlantis
    Psilocybe caerulescens (very rare)
    Psilocybe caerulipes (very rare)
    Psilocybe cubensis
    Psilocybe weilii
    ...and 2 as yet unnamed Psilocybe species!

from the shroomery
    http://www.shroomery.org/

8. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    You got some replies. For future reference, this would be most suited for the N&S American Drug Discussion forum.