• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to inject opana er

Dopey T

Greenlighter
I've recently been reading about how much difficulty people have had preparing opana er for injecting. It's not difficult, and you don't need to do anything crazy. It's actually pretty simple if you think about it. Oxymorphone originally came in 1mg ampules for injection. Opana er comes in 20mg and 40mg. The oral bioavailability is only 10%, and snorting doesn't really change it that much. You only need a few mgs if you're iv-ing, and thats the key. Here's What I do:

Take about 1/10 - 1/16 (a tiny tiny piece) of a 40 and crush it
Using a 100 unit syringe, add about 170 units, and stir
Heat to a ROLLING boil
(Get yourself a refillable butane "windproof" torch lighter for heating, they work best)
add cotton, and draw it up

It's not the strongest rush, and depending on your tolerance you may need to do a few of these injections in order to get where you want to be, but it's WAY better than snorting. I've been doing this for about two weeks now with no problems (except a huge tolerance now). It sucks that you can't get a huge rush (and probably need 2-3 injections) but you're getting much more out of the pill than doing it any other way. I figure that if you can get your hands on a 3cc or 4cc syringe, you can ajust the recipe accordingly and get a better shot. Thats my next goal. Good luck!

It's better to use IR pills they don't gel as much. And never heat your pills they'll gel up right away . Crush them and stir the pills in 30ml of cold water for 5-10 minutes and they'll desolve enough for you to start filtering them and please use a micron or wheel filter if you can get them. Cotton fever is never worth it.

It's not the strongest rush, and depending on your tolerance you may need to do a few of these injections in order to get where you want to be, but it's WAY better than snorting. I've been doing this for about two weeks now with no problems (except a huge tolerance now). It sucks that you can't get a huge rush (and probably need 2-3 injections) but you're getting much more out of the pill than doing it any other way. I figure that if you can get your hands on a 3cc or 4cc syringe, you can ajust the recipe accordingly and get a better shot. Thats my next goal. Good luck!

If you keep on with this method, I'm afraid you will have more problems than just a high tolerance in a few months. :\

Like abcesses, that come with missed shots. skin problems, overdose.

injecting pills is nasty.

The tablets contain the following inactive ingredients: hypromellose, iron oxide black, methylparaben, propylene glycol, silicified microcrystalline cellulose, sodium stearyl fumarate, TIMERx® -N, titanium dioxide, and triacetin. The 5 mg, 10 mg and 20 mg tablets also contain macrogol, and polysorbate 80. In addition, the 5 mg tablets contain iron oxide red. The 10 mg tablets contain FD&C yellow No. 6. The 20 mg tablets contain FD&C blue No. 1, FD&C yellow No. 6, and D&C yellow No. 10. The 40 mg tablets contain FD&C yellow No. 6, D&C yellow No. 10, and lactose monohydrate.

source: http://www.rxlist.com/opana-er-drug.htm

I'm pretty sure if you keep shooting these additives into your veins.. you are in for some trouble. In the short run your problems may include: abcesses, scarring, collapsed/damaged veins, not to mention damage to lungs and such.

You may want to google some of those ingredients.. I searched iron oxides and came up with this: iron oxides are used as contrast agent in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.

Doesn't sound like something I'd feel comfortable putting in my veins

I searched iron oxides and came up with this: iron oxides are used as contrast agent in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.

Doesn't sound like something I'd feel comfortable putting in my veins

ROFL, I can't believe you just said that... How do you think it's used for MRIs? They inject it into your veins. Hahaha, thanks, I needed that... You always provide the funny.

It's a bad idea to inject pills, just not so much for that reason.

ROFL, I can't believe you just said that... How do you think it's used for MRIs? They inject it into your veins. Hahaha, thanks, I needed that... You always provide the funny.

It's a bad idea to inject pills, just not so much for that reason.

HA I registered to this site just so I could LOL at that post. Apparently someone knows not of how magnetic resonance works,. From all the research I've done, it appears there is no real SAFE way to IV Opana ER, and to be honest I really dont think any Extended release pill can be injected safely. Sure you may do it a few times, but its not very healthy and should be not done lightly. One should think hard about this, as there are far worse things in this world then OD'ing. Throwing meterials in your veins that shouldnt be there is incredibly dangerous. Especially pills with silica in it, dye's and shit arent as dangerous as some other things in these pills. Personally I dont think Rx companies put these things in these pills to try and harm people who IV them. Some of the new Time Release mechanisms are incredibly advanced. Especially TimeRx with its burst mechanisms and decreasing and steady release mechanisms. I've about to acquire a bunch of the 20mg ER's we'll see what I can discover bout them. Personally I pride myself on learning the nature of things and being as efficient as possible with things.

Don't heat that fucking stupid not only will it gel more it gets more nasty shit into the final solution.

Seriously, by heating it your absorbing more binders and fillers than would normally get it, and by heating it to a boil you could be destroying oxymorphone (which at this point should be the least of your worries)

If it gels when you add water, that means you should stop unless you're doing some special procedure.

Now that the point has been sufficiently driven, this should probably be close so you don't spread extremely harmful information. I'll let a mod decide

Reported

Seriously, by heating it your absorbing more binders and fillers than would normally get it, and by heating it to a boil you could be destroying oxymorphone (which at this point should be the least of your worries)

If it gels when you add water, that means you should stop unless you're doing some special procedure.

Now that the point has been sufficiently driven, this should probably be close so you don't spread extremely harmful information. I'll let a mod decide

Reported

I wouldn't want someone to shoot an oxymorphone ER pill by cold shaking it because they didn't get to post in this thread. Better keep it open.

from YEARS of expierience with OpanaER:
they fucked up my nose so bad so quickly, im still addicted but trying to just take it orally, which is going good so far, but it hasnt been long :\
I cant imagine what it would have done to my body if I still IV'd (thank you god for helping me break that addiction)

stop while your ahead man, you might not feel anything right now but there are some bad bad bad things happening to your body RIGHT NOW

-TheMatador

I get 60 10mg Er's a month.
For the life of me I can't figure it out.
I never ran it because the shit looks so bad when gelled up.
So I stopped trying.

You're actually advising people to do this? People like you will lose limbs this way, or worse.

You're actually advising people to do this? People like you will lose limbs this way, or worse.

Well, people have lost digits from shooting Ambien, or Demerol...but people will still do that despite efforts on our behalves to warn them of the inherent dangers of injecting pill binder without a micron filler.

To come out and just say that doesn't go far enough - to say "you can lose a limb" people are going to ask "why?".

You bring up a good point, though I would expand on it - post a link to the Case Studies thread, links to pictures, quotes of text. For example, of course - so people can see what happened when "something went wrong" for someone else. Often people think "it'll never happen to me" but if you refer them to the thread filled of pictures full of people who it did happen to - people will make sure they learn everything about injecting drugs before jumping into it haphazardly.

Harm reduction's intention isn't to stop users from injecting whatever drug they desire - it's to inform them of the risks/dangers associated with using, so that they are most capable to make informed, wise decisions for their lives.