• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to inject opana er

I've been trying to read as much as I can about this before I try it, and came across something that has me a bit scared...The following is an excerpt from a different site. Has anybody had a similar experience or know if there is any validity to this:

".....Second I DO NOT recommend shooting the Opana ER's because these contain silicified microcrystalline cellulose, in other words silica which is very poisonous and harmful to your veins and lungs. Regular Opana's DO NOT contain silica and are way less harmful to inject. Every time I have injected Opana ER's about 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours later I get extreme uncontrollable shakes. It's almost like a seizure except you're conscious for and I would know because I have had 3 Gran Mal Seizures in the past 4 years. The shakes are caused from the silica which when shot compress your lungs and both your blood pressure and oxygen levels are severely decreased. If you still wish to shoot Opana ER's despite my warning when you do get the shakes take big, deep, steady breaths. I have found that this helps a great deal. Right after the shakes go away, which they last about 30 minutes, you get extremely high so it's almost worth the risk, ALMOST....."

I'd urge anybody who is going through the trouble of preparing Opana ER for injection to purchase and use micron filters. There's some debate about how bad silicates are for you when insufflating Opana ER. There's no question at all about the dangers of injecting insoluble pill binders. If you can play chemist with the TimeRX system you can do HR and filter your shots properly.

I read somewhere that the silicates are so tiny that they slip through the micron filter. Is this true, and if so how would you remove them?

opana

I have tired to snort two 5mg IR opana and ive plugged two 5mg IR opana with no results. Im thinking about Iving them possibly but not sure how to do it, ive seen many different posts on here on how to do it but everyone has a different way to do it. So can anyone give me any suggestions on what i can do to get high? I guess i have a high tolerance now and i miss the feeling that they used to give me so any advice will be great:)

Why try to shoot bullcrap

If you're gonna shoot something get a pill that's gonna break down right or get some heroin...it's better anyway. If I've got a pill like this I'll just swallow the damn thing instead of wasting it and I hate to sound like a broken record but DON"T BOIL YOUR PILLS.... although I do use warm water but it's just a personal preference and a mental comfort 8o

If you're gonna shoot something get a pill that's gonna break down right or get some heroin...it's better anyway. If I've got a pill like this I'll just swallow the damn thing instead of wasting it and I hate to sound like a broken record but DON"T BOIL YOUR PILLS.... although I do use warm water but it's just a personal preference and a mental comfort 8o

Swallowing Opana is wasting it IMO, but even worse I cant believe people are crushing the timerx pill in order to shoot it, sounds like one scary injection. A simple extraction followed by the micron sounds like a better idea to me.

MrOpana - this thread is for people trading tips on injecting the extended release formulation of opana. You should consult the megathread i believe for that info.

I have tired to snort two 5mg IR opana and ive plugged two 5mg IR opana with no results. Im thinking about Iving them possibly but not sure how to do it, ive seen many different posts on here on how to do it but everyone has a different way to do it. So can anyone give me any suggestions on what i can do to get high? I guess i have a high tolerance now and i miss the feeling that they used to give me so any advice will be great:)

The IR's are easy to shoot and amazing. I would start off with 1 5mg pill unless you have a large opiate tolerance than I would do 10 mg. Just crush the pill as fine as possible and add a good amount of water, I would do like 80 units. Then stir it around for a minute and let it sit for a min to absorb all the oxymorphone than filter it with cotton or micron filters if you have them. Then shoot up and enjoy

Since I'm a snorter, my method of choice would be to extract the OM by soaking the pill in Everclear (99% ethyl alcohol). I would allow insoluble matter to sink, then draw up the liquid, and evaporate on a dish. This should leave a powder of OM and a few harmless binders, but mainly the TIME-RX would be taken out, as it's not soluble in Everclear.

My only question, is whether it would be better to crush the pill first, or to drop in the everclear whole. There is some debate on another forum that crushing the pill before adding to liquid makes the TIME-RX more active and would interfere with the release of OM. Any thoughts on this? If using a whole pill as-is, would the OM still be released into the everclear after 12 hours, or does it only release in stomach acid?

So for IMing (i.e. into my muscle), what happens if:

1. the coating on an Opana ER is removed,
2. the pill is crushed,
3. crushed pill is then poured into a cup with clean water.
4. the syringe sucks up everything from the cup through a cotton ball (if you can't find a micron filter).
5. inject into a muscle or vein (but what muscle would y'all suggest if you don't want a vein?)

If this method is an awful one, please explain filtering better for those of us who have never injected anything.

Thank you
You dont get to choose if you want a vein or not. pills are either made iv (interveinous) or im (intermuscular) you have to know what the pill is intended for

You dont get to choose if you want a vein or not. pills are either made iv (interveinous) or im (intermuscular) you have to know what the pill is intended for

WHAT? Pills are generally not MADE IV or IM, they are generally Intended to be Swallowed or in some cases Sublingual (tho im sure there are other methods, im also sure they arent IV or IM when in pill form)

Since I'm a snorter, my method of choice would be to extract the OM by soaking the pill in Everclear (99% ethyl alcohol). I would allow insoluble matter to sink, then draw up the liquid, and evaporate on a dish. This should leave a powder of OM and a few harmless binders, but mainly the TIME-RX would be taken out, as it's not soluble in Everclear.

My only question, is whether it would be better to crush the pill first, or to drop in the everclear whole. There is some debate on another forum that crushing the pill before adding to liquid makes the TIME-RX more active and would interfere with the release of OM. Any thoughts on this? If using a whole pill as-is, would the OM still be released into the everclear after 12 hours, or does it only release in stomach acid?

At best, Everclear is 95% alcohol, not 99%: in some parts of the country it's only 75.5% pure, with the remainder being H2O. So you would be dealing with some water, possibly enough to cause the TimeRx to gel.

In any event, AIUI oxymorphone is also insoluble or nearly so in alcohol. So you'd likely filter out your active ingredient (barring whatever was soaked up in the water contained in the alcohol) along with the TimeRx materials.

^^ I read somewhere that oxymorphone IS sparingly soluble in alcohol, which would work so long as you use enough alcohol, and that the TIME-RX chemicals are insoluble in alcohol. The only problem may be the water content.

Is there any home-friendly way of removing this 5% of water? If not, what other chemical could one use that dissolves OM but not Time-RX, which evaporates completely to allow safe ingestion?

I needed to get some information about this subject of iving opana.

first off this is the exact pill I am asking about http://www.drugs.com/imprints/40-13967.html

ive been looking for information about iving this pill because I have a bad habit of iving pills and I cant help but do it if its possible so I needed to know if the directions explained in this thread for iving apply to this exact pill in my link because I dont want to kill myself accidently if this pill is at all different than the brands discussed already. Oh, I also need to know if I should only be using portions of a pill for each usage. I have a moderate tolerance for opiates, I would usually use 40mg of oxy in one injection just for reference.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out here.

nvm, I just tried a couple methods to get past the gelling and nothing works and unless I put the crushed pill into like 1000 units of water it stays gelled up like a mofo. i went ahead and plugged it and it worked great but now several hours later I have a slight headache and experienced a bit of sickness earler, almost felt like throwing up.

SWIM has tried this several times with nothing but success,don't stray from the instructions or times, it WILL work. Also BE VERY CAREFUL!!, SWIM has a very high tolerance and can snort two 40mg er's no problem....with this method using and end result of 3cc's of water solution SWIM injected ONEcc of the final product and was nausous (sp?) and took a seat ;-))....here's the recipie.... (someone elses words and method, I'm simply cutting and pasting.....)Injecting Opana ER Proven Method !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll A friend of Mine has been prescribed 40mg Opana ER. He say's it works we'll to releive his back pain but it has such a bad bioavailability when taken orally.He has been trying very hard to find a method to IV it and has finally done it. For those un familiar with Opana ER Endo the company that makes Opana ER. Has spent millions to develope TimerX a time release Mechanism designed to make the pill abuse resistant due to its high potency. After much trial and error i watched him and another friend with the same prescription successfully IV Opana ER and with GREAT results to.

Heres how they did it

1. scrape or pick off the color coating of the pill. Don't use water to wash it off, you don't wan't to get your pill wet. It will fourm a layer of gel due to the TimerX

2.Crush the pill as finely as possible

3. Take a shot glass and fill it up about half way with alcohol. Rubbing alcohol is what they used any thing over 90% should work. You wan't alcohol that doesn't leave behind an residue when boiled off. Place some of the alcohol you wan't to use in a pan. Boil it all off and check the bottom of the pan for any kind of residue a tiny bit is okay but the less the better.

4. Add the crushed Opana to the glass of alcohol stir it we'll let it sit for at least 20mins. Stiring it every minute or so

5. Filter it , some how you must filter out all the particles left in the alcohol. Get two large clean and dry syringe of some kind , they use two 3cc syringes with the needles pulled out. Take out the plunger on one syringe and pack it with a large clump of dry cotton. use enough so theres about a 1/3 to 1/2 inch layer of packed cotton. Take the other syringe and begin drawing up the alcohol and spraying it into the other syringe once full. Put the plunger back on the cotton packed syringe and spray the alcohol though filtering it. Continue doing this untill all the alcohol has been filtered

6. Take the shot glass of filtered alcohol and place it on an electric stove turn the heat on medium high and slowly boil off the alcohol. DON'T use a gas stove alcohol fumes are heavy and will fall down to the flame and ignite. I don't know if useing a Microwave would work. Some how boil off the alcohol while doing so constantly blow on the shot glass this will blow the fumes away and help it boil down much faster. Once theres only a tiny bit of alcohol left take it off the heat and swish it around once it has all boiled off there will be a layer of Oxymorphone and part of the TimerX

7. Add how ever much water your needle holds to the glass and stur it up there will be a film that fourms and clumps together this is good. Let it sit in the water for around 10-15 mins. Add a piece of cotton to the mix for a filter and draw it up into your rig and your done. Adding a little citric acid or sour salt to the water helps break it down.

Lastly be VERY careful IVing Oxymorphone is 9-10 times stronger then eating it dont even bother IVing it unless you need to snort around 30mg+ to feel any thing even then start out with no more then 5mg your first time

Be safe and be careful and don't make this a habit my friends do it only when they have a severe pain episode and there break threw meds aren't enough injecting the filler from pills is very bad for you.

Sorry for the long post but its a long but we'll worth it prosses

so has anybody tried this?

Finally....

So I finally have the opportunity to try Opana ER 40mgs. I have been clean for 6 mos. I have read all the way through this thread carefully. I will have my micron filter by then. I will do a test of snorting even though I never snort anything from what I've read bioavailability with these is better snorting than oral. I do have experience injecting MS Contin 30mg that did gel quite a bit. I picked up the method from http://www.heroinhelper.com/curious/chemistry/internet_pills.shtml
and it worked great. I was hoping to use the same method for the Opanas. comments appreciated. One other question: if I prepare shots of oxycodone 30mgs with sterile water can I save them for a day or 2? I fly way under the radar and having shots prepped in advance would save lots of time. Thank god for harm reduction help!

It works

I tried the alcohol prep method and it works beautifully. My new favorite opiate...........Opana! Keep those larger cottons from first filter as they make great washes later. (Not sure how sanitary or safe that is though)

You guys got it all wrong. The simplest way to IV Opana, and I've done it myself sucessfully is to simply heat up the crushed pill (after you take the coating off) in the spoon BEFORE you add water. Then you add water, filter, and shoot like normal. And it works perfectly.

Yes, shooting pills is bad and so is heating pills, but in this case you have to heat it otherwise it turns to gel and I'm pretty sure shooting gel is worse than properly dissolved Opana.

Will this really work? Someone else please confirm this

I've recently been reading about how much difficulty people have had preparing opana er for injecting. It's not difficult, and you don't need to do anything crazy. It's actually pretty simple if you think about it. Oxymorphone originally came in 1mg ampules for injection. Opana er comes in 20mg and 40mg. The oral bioavailability is only 10%, and snorting doesn't really change it that much. You only need a few mgs if you're iv-ing, and thats the key. Here's What I do:

Take about 1/10 - 1/16 (a tiny tiny piece) of a 40 and crush it
Using a 100 unit syringe, add about 170 units, and stir
Heat to a ROLLING boil
(Get yourself a refillable butane "windproof" torch lighter for heating, they work best)
add cotton, and draw it up

It's not the strongest rush, and depending on your tolerance you may need to do a few of these injections in order to get where you want to be, but it's WAY better than snorting. I've been doing this for about two weeks now with no problems (except a huge tolerance now). It sucks that you can't get a huge rush (and probably need 2-3 injections) but you're getting much more out of the pill than doing it any other way. I figure that if you can get your hands on a 3cc or 4cc syringe, you can ajust the recipe accordingly and get a better shot. Thats my next goal. Good luck!

this works.......i just tried it and had no problems...except i didnt let it cool long enough and the shot was still alittle hot.....it works tho.....i dont care who says otherwise