• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to inject opana er

2. crush pill, split it in half if needed (be carefull on the dose you should know your tolerance) this method will double your mgs a 10mg IV'd will feel like a 20 snorted and a 5mg IV'd will feel like a 10 etc....

barak you are about to kill someone who wants to make it feel like they do when they snort like 80 mg opana cause if they try to iv 40 mg opana like your saying(your basically saying iv half of what you snort)they will die! PLEASE anyone who is trying to find information on how to iv any narcotics RESEARCH TILL YOU FIND ALL THE RIGHT INFO, PLEASE! you dont want to end up in the hospital(or grave), do you???

the right dosages would be 10 mg iv=50+ mg snorted=100+ mg oral

so BEFORE you try to suggest the iv any narcotic research the bio-availability of the drug FIRST! or dont give advise at all, unless you want to feel responsible for probably multiple deaths out there. and this is a message to everyone please research before you give advise like this because its not really the people who write it but its the junkies who read it and go prepare a 40 mg opana because they want it to feel like the 80 mg they snort and that can equal 200 mg snorted, think about it....

Last edited:
Anyone tried disolving the pill overnight in an acidic substance to simulate being digested in your stomach? I disolved half a 10 last night, I'm looking at it and pondering if anything can be done. I have about 3.8cc of a cloudy liquid. I know I broke the Timerx. I'm thinking of pushing it through some of those cotton pads sorta like a water filter for camping. I think that will remove the gel but leave the goods in the vinegar. Has anyone tried this method to see what happens? How much should I dilute the vinegar before injection. I'm really curious about finding a way to break their million dollar timerx. I can say that the vinegar broke the pill down to the point there are no solids left. It is about the consistancy of 30 weight motor oil right now, I'm hoping the pressure filter will remove some of this. If it comes out thin, I think I may have done it. I do know the alcohol method doesn't work. I'm not going to try the spoon toast method. As I said, I will filter and update, it has taken all night and day for this to dissolve though.

Well, I filtered the solution mentioned above by ramming it through a cotton pad. First I tried two layers and it was too thick, I couldn't push it through no matter how hard I tried. I re-set the rig with one cotton pad, and got it through. Now I have probably two cc of what can best be described as looking like male ejaculate. I think the oxymorphone is so attached to the gel in the pills that it can not be seperated via any of the classic methods. I'm going to think outside the box a little, I have some extra opana er's so I am going to try a few different solvents. If anyone can post or PM me any methods they have tried so far, it would be helpful. I'm going to look into some of the other classic organic solvents, and see if the oxymorphone will dissolve out into one of them.

so im guessing the substance you are trying to shoot gets all gel like. i used to shoot morph pills all the time i learned if u boil the water in your spoon first then add the crushed up morph(make it as close to powder as u can) then befor the solution cools boil with the powder in it. then befor it has a chance to gel up/cool get it in your needle.

so im guessing the substance you are trying to shoot gets all gel like. i used to shoot morph pills all the time i learned if u boil the water in your spoon first then add the crushed up morph(make it as close to powder as u can) then befor the solution cools boil with the powder in it. then befor it has a chance to gel up/cool get it in your needle.

Well, I don't IV often, I'm incapible of hitting any of my veins where I would need to use one hand. My veins are "rollers" big time, the dodge needles like the dude in The Matrix dodges bullets. I poked myself about 20 times once w/out registering once. Ended up shooting the shot into a line on a plate and snorting the water. My roomie was trained to do field first aid in the military to I have him do the poking and I do the prep/tell him if hes in the vein or not, and the speed to inject. (Have yet to have adverse effects as we are insanely careful). I have dried the mixture now and plan on maybe snorting it or something. I did finally find a guide on opiophile on the subject. Here's what I have learned. The TimerX system works on a molecular scale. They have the oxymorphone surrounded by tiny layers of two different gelling substances. The pills are comprised of millions of these tiny beads of oxymorph surronded by the gel. Grinding/snorting them exposes more of the oxymorph thus causing better absorbtion. This should be a lesson to the snorters (which I am 99% of the time) to grind the pills as finely as possible. I'm going to start going to extreme measures to get as fine of a powder as possible. The Oxymorph actually soaks out of these tiny beads and is replaced by water as you digest it. Thus you are able to drop a whole pill in water, and 12-36 hours later you have a swelled up pill with in a solution of minor amounts of filler with the much treasured oxymorphone. Obviously they aren't so harm reduction centered over there so they make no mention of microfiltering etc which actually gives me a little more confidence, they are shooting the solution without even removing the coating from the pill, and only using a cotton filter. I will be trying this method next, and I think it will work. From everything I have read about it, the time release is not defeatable, but you can just let it run its course in some water then shoot the water. They said to use 5-10 ml of water. I will probably use a shot glass. I plan to use 5ml, and my usual seperate rig for the unsanitary stuff. I will probably put about 3/4 of a 10mg pill into the shot glass, thus hopefully ending up with about 1.5mg per cc. I use 1/2cc insulin needles so I will get about 1mg per shot after I overfill the rig a little. I plan to draw up my intended shot in the non-sterile "tool" rig, boil in a spoon, filter, and inject w/ a fresh sharp. I should note that using this method you DO NOT crush the pill. That apparently is what causes them to gel so badly. By leaving the pill whole and using this method, you "fool" the pill into thinking it is being taken correctly, then IV the solution that comes out. I don't know why I diddn't think of trying this first, but I'm betting it works far better than the other methods I have tried. The vinegar method was a total bust. I guess I am going to snort the dried chunk of gel in the bottom of the shot glass and see if it retained the oxymorph. Since it was just 5mg intended for IV use, I will have to snort it first thing in the morning to see. It wreaks of vinegar so I may wash it with water first, and re-constitute it. The one thing I have learned though is that it may be possible to get a stronger effect from opana by grinding far more finely. I'm going to look for a method other than a hose clamp. Maybe mortar pedestal?

have you tried the crisping method? i am not positive it makes things safter, but some folks swear by it.

have you tried the crisping method? i am not positive it makes things safter, but some folks swear by it.

From what I have read this destroys most of the oxymorphone, to the point that it is was wasteful as just swallowing the pill. I am interested in injecting these pills because they are so much stronger. I figure I could get a couple of good shots out of a 20mg opana instead of one good line. I have quit trying to even inject its so hard to hit my veins though. It's such a tease cause I have big thick veins that are right at the surface, they just move right out of the way of a needle. It's just really not worth it to me. I also had a vein blow roughly 12 inches from where a needle was in, so I have a funky vascular system that I just don't wana mess with.

I figure I could get a couple of good shots out of a 20mg opana instead of one good line. I have quit trying to even inject its so hard to hit my veins though. It's such a tease cause I have big thick veins that are right at the surface, they just move right out of the way of a needle.

The Opana IR are the only ones that will release the oxymorphone inside since it doesnt contain the TimerX that Endo puts in the Opana ER, dont even bother trying the Opana ER since it gels up no matter how much water you use not to mention the dangers along with it, SWIM has IV'ed plenty of Opana IR with AMAZING results and its very easy to prepare just make sure you have at least a 1 cc syringe, and your veins wont roll as bad if you pull your skin tight. Try to pull your skin tight with your leg, and your veins will be much easier to hit, just be careful.

I was just prescribed Opana 5mg ER.. I have been on Lortabs and had previously taken morphine but that made me sick. I have never ever thought about injecting any pill before and especially now that I have read all of this, but just taking the opana orally, it really messes me up, I can't imagine trying to inject it or snort it, couldn't that kill you? I'm not judging or anything, I'm just asking. I found this sight because I was worred about the addiction side affect to this one as I'm already addicted to the lortabs where they have had me on them for over 7 years now. I can not go a day without out them and it's becoming aggrivating for me as I used to be able to do so many things before my back injury and now have to rely on pain meds to be able to do anything. I was just worried about the opana because of the affect it does have on me and with the ER I don't want to over dose if or when I do get a tolerance to the medication.. Does anyone have any information about this pill other than injecting it or snorting it?

countrygirl-5 mg couldn't kill someone by snorting it but 5 mg could kill an opiate naive person when injected, im glad you aren't considering injections but keep this in mind, you have in your hands one of the most addicting opioid medications on the market, i myself am more attracted to opana than oxycontin or heroin, your in the right for doing your research on the addictiveness of this medicine as its up there with heroin, but also remember that lortabs are very high in addictiveness as well, but as long as you use it for the right reasons and it doesn't take over your life you will have nothing to worry about, generally everyone is different though, taking it orally is the safest because the TimerX system that Endo has used is basically bulletproof, you will have no dose dumping, and even 5 mg all at once will not necessarily even be dangerous because you aren't opiate naive just keep with the dosing your doctor has prescribed and don't start abusing it, you will be amazed with how fantastic this medicine works for back pain, you will be able to live a normal life with no complications and also don't be afraid to ask your doctor some of these questions about opana dosages and risks or benefits, he will be happy to answer any of your questions, that's what they're there for!!:)

Be safe and good luck with all of your research in this subject

Alcohol extraction does work!

Swim just tried the alcohol extraction technique on the Endo pharmaceutical brand 10mg Opana ER and it works wonderfully. He said you just must have patience and follow the directions and allow the alcohol and opana to mix, then make sure to evaporate the alcohol off by heat. DO NOT burn the alcohol directly, just use heat, Swim used a spoon and he kept it at an even (not perfect, just don't let it boil) temperature where the alcohol wasn't boiling but hot enough for it to evaporate. It dosen't take much time since alcohol evaporates easily. After the filtration, allow the dried opana and the water to set for a few minutes while stirring occasionaly (5 min. should be plenty of time). Add piece of cotton, suck it up and enjoy!!!! This was the best (only) technique that swim found that was successful. Just be patient, the wait is worth it, Swim promises it

a guy was testing out the safety of boiling some iso alc. when his solution evap'd to a swill he took the hot leftovers (>10units of alc) added a small powdered amount of opana (heard it fizz) and stirred it together...

waiting some time now to let the alcohol extract? dont know exactly why just hear giving it time helps...

next he added 5 units of water mixed the solution with cotton and injected

this by no means is a solid procedure the idea came to the vlogger when he thought about adding powder to that warm just hot enough to boil alcohol for an added head maybe reduced extract time as well

Getting around the timerx... finally---

I had a method of dealing with old Endo morphine tablets which worked well. I would mix 1.5cc with crushed pill, stir up into a gel, push in into the middle of spoon, add another 1.5cc of water to it (WITHOUT STIRRING FURTHER. Then I would cook it on low heat (LOW HEAT). this gel would not mix or expand into the other 1.5CC of water, and after about 3 minutes I would draw it off with micron filter. then I would add another 1.5cc pf water and repeat. This would leave me with a glob of gel in the spoon, and 3cc of what I would imagine was 70 - 95% of the morphine in the tablet. It took all of four or five minutes, and it circumvented all the problems I kept hearing about. (the low heat helps the molecules to osmose faster into what they are more freely soluble in--the water on top. after a few filters, I felt fairly safe doing this... I am not sure if anyone has tried this with Opana ER, but I would be interested to hear about it.

------

but that is besides the point-

I have three degrees right now (writing, communications, sociology--but I started off pre-med), my best friend has a M.S. in chemical engineering, and I live in academia. This Opana problem seems fairly easy to deal with, and I think that a lot of people have touched on possible ways to pull it off. There just needs to be a little revision:

Opana Extended Release contains these chemicals—
See (http://www.endo.com/pdf/Opana_ER_PI.pdf)

Lets talk some really basic chemistry—solubility.

Here’s where the problem happens— (remember, this is all room temperature)

Oxymorphone – freely soluble in water, slightly/partially soluble in ETOH.
TIMERx® -N: (The hard one RIGHT?)
Locust Gum: freely soluble in water (gels up), INSOLUBLE in ETOH
Xanthan Gum: freely soluble in water (gels up), INSOLUBLE in ETOH

You mix opana with water first, you get a spoon full of cum.

Here’s where we can build a plan of action:

Here are some other things that are insoluble in ETOH:
TIMERx® -N: (The hard one RIGHT?)
Locust Gum: freely soluble in water (gels up), INSOLUBLE in ETOH
Xanthan Gum: freely soluble in water (gels up), INSOLUBLE in ETOH
hypromellose: insoluble in dehydrated ethanol
The 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, and 30 mg tablets also contain
Macrogol: freely soluble in water, practically insoluble in ETOH
Oxymorphone – freely soluble in water, slightly/partially soluble in ETOH.
Other TIMERx ingredients:
Dextrose: doesn’t matter because its harmless
Polysorbate: freely soluble in water and ETOH, but harmless (used in eye drops)
methylparaben: soluble in ethanol and H2O, but is a preservative and, IMHO, harmless
sodium stearyl fumarate: Practically insoluble in water, slightly soluble in Ethanol.
Insoluble\poorly soluble in Water:
titanium dioxide: insoluble in water
Calcium Carbonate [chalk, TUMS] poorly soluble in water (47mg/liter) and harmless also.
triacetin: soluble in ETOH, slightly soluble in water, insoluble in benzene

SO—since oxymorhpone is partially soluble in ethanol (about .25-.5 grams per liter) you are going to need a nice amount of pure ethanol here. Four a 40mg pill—I would go use at least 50 milliliters since it evaporates so quickly. Crush up very finely the pill. Mix this in with at least everclear (preferably >99% ETOH). Let sit for a while. Sediment at the bottom will include TIMERx and hypromellose. Filter the sediment out.

Now have ETOH containing your oxymorphone, very little macrogel, dextrose, polysorbate, sodium steryl fumerate, methylparaben, titanium dioxide, calcium carbonate, and tums.

Now find a flat easily scrapable glass or pyrex dish. Let the alcohol evaporate.

Afterwards mix the left over powder in the plate with cold/lukewarm water.
Sodium steryl fumerate isn’t soluble in water—neither is titanium dioxide, for the most part calcium carbonate and triacetin. Oxymorphone is freely soluble, along with dextrose, polysorbate, the residual macrgel, methylparaben. a little bit of triacetin.

So What does this mean?

After you filter off the sediment that isn’t soluble in the water, you have a aqueous solution of oxymorphone, and a few other harmless substances (preservatives).

(If you want to go all crazy, Triacetin is insoluble in Benzene, but I think that’s going overboard. Just be careful with dosing—also, use ETOH, and not rubbing alcohol. It you get to fiending out, injecting etoh (while it burns) will not harm you like isopropyl alcohol will… just a thought.)

Again---I talked with my friend and wrote this in two hours. I have high hopes and would try it myself if I have one on hand. Should anyone find this works, please let me know. I have high faith in the process. It is after all just a matter of patience and science.

so to summarize:
1. scrape of coating with sandpaper preferably
2. crush pill and mix in glass with 50-100ml of >95% ETOH (5-10 min)
3.Let sediment settle then filter out ETOH
4. Let ETOH Evaporate.
5. Add water to solution.
6. let sediment settle, then filter off H20.
7. MEASURE DOSAGE.
8. Enjoy Responsibly.

Be well- be safe.

pragma.

hey guys just scored a few pills dedicating one to experiementation wanted to go a different direction this time reading the above post might go that route.

had one thing though, for people who have actually used simply water to try and pull the oxym out of the pill how would you keep it from evaporating if one were to simply "set it and forget it" or any solution for that matter? (cover it?)

I had a method of dealing with old Endo morphine tablets which worked well. I would mix 1.5cc with crushed pill, stir up into a gel, push in into the middle of spoon, add another 1.5cc of water to it (WITHOUT STIRRING FURTHER. Then I would cook it on low heat (LOW HEAT). this gel would not mix or expand into the other 1.5CC of water, and after about 3 minutes I would draw it off with micron filter. then I would add another 1.5cc pf water and repeat. This would leave me with a glob of gel in the spoon, and 3cc of what I would imagine was 70 - 95% of the morphine in the tablet. It took all of four or five minutes, and it circumvented all the problems I kept hearing about. (the low heat helps the molecules to osmose faster into what they are more freely soluble in--the water on top. after a few filters, I felt fairly safe doing this... I am not sure if anyone has tried this with Opana ER, but I would be interested to hear about it..

I have, just now.... and it worked.... the longer it sits, the better the rush.....
Thnx!

I have a lot of faith in ChemicalPragmatism's method, it seems to be only method I've read to be fully consistent with the rules of solubility. I don't have enough Opana, and can't get ahold of ETOH anyway.

Is there anyone who has tried this method? If you are willing to try, please post how it went.

just did it. nice rush but wore off in 15 mins.

Cool someone who's done it. But could you specify...

What's your tolerance?
Was was the route of administration?
Was it just the rush that wore off quick or the total high?
Are you sure you were efficient with the extraction?

this stuff should just be snorted i've played around with getting it to extract and its really futile

i have figured out how to IV opana ER

i recently got a script for 60 opana 20 er for my back. i am only 20 years old peopl say its nuts that i get these things. i was getting 60 OC 20s per month. i may switch back next month what do you think? anyways, i have figured out that if you heat the powder, until it turns a brownsh color, the add water and suck it up, it will not gel or anyhting. make sure you add enough water otherwise it may gel a little. anyways lemme kno what you think !