• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Drug Decriminalization

rike1

Bluelighter
Not sure whether to put this in legal, culture, media or what, so please move as appropriate.

For an english research paper, i have the topic of whether or not to decriminalize drugs. I must find 4 sources for the pro side and con side and then choose which side to support and write an essay. I can also choose to qualify (as in decriminalize ALL but one drug or only decriminalize one drug).

I am not looking for someone to persuade me whether to go pro, con or qualify. I know what side I am choosing.

I have utilized google and school search databases and can find loads of information on the subject, but it is a lot to sort through.

I would appreciate if anyone is already aware of a spectacular, REPUTABLE, source about this. I am not interested in the failures/successes of the war on drugs. Id like the focus to stay on decriminalization. If an argument is that it helps/hurts the drug war, thats fine, but DONT TALK ABOUT THE DRUG WAR! Any news article/journal and what not with specifics and statistics would help me greatly.

After that, feel free to post your own opinions about the issue.

I personally believe all drugs should be decriminalized for personal with strict regulations and control. I also think psychoactives should be legalized for medical use.

Basically, i am looking for top notch hard sources. I can find loads of shit (some of which i dont entirely believe to be true). Im hoping my fellow BLers have links to the cold hard facts.

Found one article on the effects of drug decriminlization in portugal, but i need more!

Can anyone help?