Published Naltrexone and Adrenergic Agents to Reduce Heroin Use in Heroin Addicts (TX, Russia)

nuke

Bluelighter
Naltrexone and Adrenergic Agents to Reduce Heroin Use in Heroin Addicts

Naltrexone is a medication that is currently used to treat drug and alcohol addiction. Guanfacine is a medication that is currently used to manage the withdrawal symptoms in individuals undergoing opioid detoxification. A combination of these two medications may be beneficial in reducing heroin use in individuals addicted to heroin. This study will evaluate the effectiveness of naltrexone and guanfacine, alone and in combination, at reducing heroin use in heroin addicts.

Estimated Enrollment: 280
Study Start Date: February 2006
Estimated Study Completion Date: July 2010
Estimated Primary Completion Date: July 2010 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)

Locations
Russian Federation
Saint Petersburg Pavlov State Medical University Recruiting
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation

More Information
Responsible Party: Baylor College of Medicine ( Thomas Kosten, MD )
Study ID Numbers: NIDA-18863, DPMC, R01-18863
Study First Received: September 1, 2005
Last Updated: March 10, 2009
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00142948 History of Changes
Health Authority: United States: Federal Government

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00142948

Last edited by a moderator:
My Doc. Gave me Naltrexone, the shit almost killed me and had me in the hospital.fuck it

My Doc. Gave me Naltrexone, the shit almost killed me and had me in the hospital.fuck it

The drug certainly has its risks. I've read some Australian research that says it can increase chance of overdose, as per your experience RxobbyOC.

Still I think the more research they do, the more we'll know about it and be able to assess its use as a treatment. I understand that, for certain types of users, it can be the right treatment - as with things like antidepressants, people have different needs and get different outcomes using different drugs, etc.

Still recruiting!

This study is currently recruiting participants.
Study NCT00142948 Information provided by National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
First Received: September 1, 2005 Last Updated: September 3, 2009