• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Substance for Middle March and Early Apiril *** Psychdelic Amphetamines!!

Beenhead

Bluelight Crew
doi_2d.gif

dom_2d.gif

By request of our buddy Xorkoth, we are talking about psychehdelic amphetamines this month. I personally have never tried any of them. Their duration of action is just too much for me. Their structural properties, however are very interesting. They fit into both categories, psychedelic and amphetamine. Dopamine and serotonin. I have wondered if it is the high affinity for the 5ht2a receptor that gives it such a long duration? Is it a long halflife like that of buprenorphine?

I also want to stress the danger with these drugs. The fact that a very accurate scale is essential. I would be worried by weghing out small amounts on a 2mg scale. I think it is best to weigh out atleast 10mg, then disolve in 10ml of water. Take it as 1mg per ml. These drugs could cause quite the hell ride if too much were taken. Also, if one were to be buyin LSD, and took a bunch with out testing it, you could be taking a massive amount of DOx. Be careful... test your acid, by TLC, UV, or atleast by tasting one blotter.
One last mention is the increased possibility of Neurotoxicity due it its amphetamine like action. If taken too much, I would expect some sort of neurodegeneration, or other toxicity. There is also the risk of amphetamine psychosis is taken at high doses or taken too much.

Other than that, be safe and enjoy your two days with this one!

There are so many of these guys!

2,5-Dimethoxy-4-bromoamphetamine

The Big & Dandy DOB Thread !

DOB - Experienced - In the picture

DOB & Cannabis - 2mg, 1st Time - Comic Book Syndrome
DOB - Inexperienced - scarred

DOB - 1st time - Sonic Death Rabbit

2,5-Dimethoxy-4-chloroamphetamine

The Big & Dandy DOC Thread!

DOC - FirstTtime - Coming to an Understanding With How I Actually Feel

DOC - exp'd - Peek under cosmic rug

DOC - First time - Great Introduction

DOC - First Time (9 mg) - Weaving the tapestry of the mind

DOC 3mg insufflated - first time - Homework

DOC - 3mg, first time - psychic dud

DOC (2.8 mg) - First Time - Loose In The World

DOC - 1.5mg -> 5mg - Group oriented experiment

DOC / Cannabis (2mg) - First time - Get high like dominoes.

DOC (4 mg) - First Time - Be Beher BeHereNow ow w

DOC (2mg) - First Time - Beyond my high expectations!

DOC .25mg - First experience - There's much potential here

DOC (2.5 mg) - Great Experience

DOC, (3 mgs) - Experienced - Pleasant Afternoon

DOC (8 mg) - First Time - 1st Trip Report

DOC - Experienced - Further Exploration and Reptilian Encounters

DOC - Experienced - Its True Character

2mg DOC: Strenuous and Long

DOC - exp'd - Peek under cosmic rug

DOC - First time - Great Introduction

DOC - First Time (9 mg) - Weaving the tapestry of the mind

DOC 3mg insufflated - first time - Homework

DOC - 3mg, first time - psychic dud

DOC (2.8 mg) - First Time - Loose In The World

DOC - 1.5mg -> 5mg - Group oriented experiment

DOC / Cannabis (2mg) - First time - Get high like dominoes.

DOC (4 mg) - First Time - Be Beher BeHereNow ow w

DOC (2mg) - First Time - Beyond my high expectations!

DOC .25mg - First experience - There's much potential here

DOC (2.5 mg) - Great Experience

DOC (2.2mg) - First Time - Doctor Who?

DOC (2mg) - First Time - Courtney Love

DOC - First Time - 3 hits on blotter

DOC - Experienced - Another trip with the doctor

DOC - Experienced - Ascending Again Through the Crossroads of Twilight

DOC (6 mg) - First Time - A Psychedelic Paradigm, Journeys

DOC 3mg WOW metallic space

2,5-Dimethoxy-4-Iodoamphetamine

The Big & Dandy DOI Thread!

DOI - first time - A Space City Amphetamine

DOI - first time 3mg - snake in the grass

2,5-Dimethoxy-4-nitroamphetamine

The Big & Dandy DON Thread!

DON - First Time - DON: A trip report

DON - experienced - 3,5 mg's

DON - second time - first breakthrough

2,5-Dimethoxy-4-methylamphetamine

The Big & Dandy DOM Thread!

DOM - First time - Prophetic Dream

DOM (5mgs) - First Time - The Spirits of Light and Dark

DOM (6.5mg) - First Time - Zoomy and Stupifying

Apparently this guy didnt know what he took, so no IUPAC sorry!

DOx - Inexperienced - The on/off switch

dob_2d.gif
doc_2d.gif

Last edited:
I find it kind of Ironic this being made substance of the month as I got the chance to experience a form of DOx (DOB to be exact) for the first time. I was completely overwhelmed with the amount I enjoyed this chemical, even with all the poor rep it has gotten. Will be writing a report very soon about my experience.

lmao thats a long list of TRs. How long did that take you to write up? :D

I haven't tried my DOC or DOM samples yet because as you say, the duration is just so long. I don't really want to trip for that long (acid trips are taxing enough on my body).

I suppose maybe this is the best place to ask, maybe not, but anyway...

I've read in the B&D DOC thread over in PD that L-Arginine can be used to combat vasoconstrictive effects of DOxs. I'm interested to read about this, as - although I have no immediate plans to sample any psychedelic amphetamines - I am currently rather over-sensitive to vasoconstriction (following decades of nicotine abuse, years of cannabinoid abuse, and months here and there of synthetic cannabinoid abuse: I suspect these were, between them, the main causes of my current problems)... so, even though apparent vasoconstriction has subsided since giving up nicotine and JWHs a month or so ago, it can be reawakened by stimulants and by cold weather (prior to the recent episodes, I never had such problems at all), so that a strong cup of coffee, or a smallish quantity of MDMA, for example, gives me rather painful fingers, and mild tingliness in the extremities. Anyway, I find this disconcerting, I assume that it's vasoconstriction, and I wonder if I can use L-Arginine to prevent it with the more mild vasconsctrictors I seem to be be sensitive to at the moment.

So... I'd like to ask about people's experiences and knowledge of L-Arginine (Xorkoth mentioned it in PD, so maybe I should just be asking him; but I figured maybe others had used it too)... what dosage/timing for the L-Arginine? What health risks, if any, does the L-Arginine itself pose (either with intermittent or with frequent use)? Are there any other options for preventing vasoconstriction?

Thanks...

why do you make the connection between cannabinoids and vasoconstriction? Not denying the connection, just wondering, since its the first time I've heard of it.

but, yes arginine can be used to combat the effects. Know this though the effects of arginine take many hours to really surface (as evident by changes in the girth of your flacid penis). So, you probably want to pre-load with the stuff. I'd say a dose the morning of (say t minus 5 hours maybe?) then another dose right with the drug. That way the peak effects should really help you out. It lasts a good long while if you take enough (sorry I can't help you on doses I just use a spoon).

why do you make the connection between cannabinoids and vasoconstriction? Not denying the connection, just wondering, since its the first time I've heard of it.
I initially made the connection because I was experiencing symptoms consistent with vasoconstriction immediately following each usage of cannabinoids, which then tailed off after each usage. When I first tried to give up, symptoms subsided; I then lapsed, and the symptoms returned.

I then looked up cannabis and vasoconstriction and found that, in some cases of heavy persistent use, a syndrome called 'cannabis arteritis' may develop, which is a form of peripheral vascular disease, involving vasoconstriction and - in severe cases - gangrene.

So I figured it was quite possible that other cannabinoids might have the same effects.

I can't know of course; I'm just going by the temporal contiguity of my cannabinoid-smoking and the perceived vasoconstriction, and by this theoretical reason for thinking that the cannabinoids may produce this sometimes.

but, yes arginine can be used to combat the effects. Know this though the effects of arginine take many hours to really surface (as evident by changes in the girth of your flacid penis). So, you probably want to pre-load with the stuff. I'd say a dose the morning of (say t minus 5 hours maybe?) then another dose right with the drug. That way the peak effects should really help you out. It lasts a good long while if you take enough (sorry I can't help you on doses I just use a spoon).
Thanks, that's useful information indeed. It would be good to know more on dosage: what sort of spoon are we talking? Like a teaspoon's worth?

Also, if anyone knows of any potential risks of arginine use, that'd be cool. Is it something one can happily take daily as a supplement, or should it be reserved for occasional use?

I think we are talking 1 gram max here. I'll weigh out the dose later if I take some and let you know. I take it to increase blood flow to my muscles so they will rock up harder when I lift so I get increased nutrient shuttling into them. Side effects are erections that seem to bust out of your penis skin. You really notice its working when you look down at your body and notice more blood veins. This is very evident in your penis (I can see small capillaries that are usually not visible).

Without a valid source, I call BS on that gangrene/vasoconstriction thing. I have never heard of that or seen anything resembling that. I don't know what the mechanism of action for that would be. I'm not saying its impossible, but I am saying its likely very, very improbable. Interesting though.

If anything I think marijuana functions as a vasodilator in my body at least (but we're all different I suppose).

I think we are talking 1 gram max here. I'll weigh out the dose later if I take some and let you know. I take it to increase blood flow to my muscles so they will rock up harder when I lift so I get increased nutrient shuttling into them. Side effects are erections that seem to bust out of your penis skin. You really notice its working when you look down at your body and notice more blood veins. This is very evident in your penis (I can see small capillaries that are usually not visible).
Okay, thanks for the info. That would be much appreciated (the weighing of the dose, that is). Cheers.

Without a valid source, I call BS on that gangrene/vasoconstriction thing. I have never heard of that or seen anything resembling that. I don't know what the mechanism of action for that would be. I'm not saying its impossible, but I am saying its likely very, very improbable. Interesting though.
There's a fair few papers on this; e.g. http://ang.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/52/1/1. Search for 'cannabis arteritis' to find more such papers on the syndrome. It's apparently similar but not identical to another syndrome related to tobacco use.

If anything I think marijuana functions as a vasodilator in my body at least (but we're all different I suppose).
Of course, both marijuana and the human body are jolly complex beasts, eh? :)

Okay, thanks for the info. That would be much appreciated (the weighing of the dose, that is). Cheers.

There's a fair few papers on this; e.g. http://ang.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/52/1/1. Search for 'cannabis arteritis' to find more such papers on the syndrome. It's apparently similar but not identical to another syndrome related to tobacco use.

Of course, both marijuana and the human body are jolly complex beasts, eh? :)

Marijuana is a widely known Vasodilator. Red eyes is a common symptom of this. Dilated blood vessels

Marijuana is a widely known Vasodilator. Red eyes is a common symptom of this. Dilated blood vessels
Well, according to the abstract of the article I cited in previous post, 'The vasoconstrictor effect of cannabis on the vascular system has been known for a long time.' So I guess it can do either? I haven't explored the literature on this in any detail; all I know is from my personal experience, and from a very brief review of the literature on the cannabis arteritis syndrome.

I always assumed it was vasodilatory, since the effect of feinting and the 'whiteout' are quite similar. This is just anecdotal though. Perhaps a weed induced panic attack might induce vasoconstriction as part of the 'fight or flight' effect. I digress.
DOx's: I like what I have experienced with DOM from the psychedelic point of view, but the overall package of effects feels a bit too much hard work on the body for anything but occasional use (Perhaps 1-2 times per year). The mindspace was awesome and exhiliarating, but sometimes a little challenging. It has a sensual side as well as brute power. I found that phsically it was difficult to channel the body energy and muscle stimulation. One time I lay down to try and find a body configuration which could do this. It took a while, but once found , it allowed the energetic feelings to fly around my body as though it were a racetrack. It was bliss frome there on. Sometimes there is a temptation to gibber with anxiety and you can forget how to take the steps you need in order to accomodate the demands of the drug. Usually I win out, but with DOM I need my wits about me. This is why I am not desperately seeking out the other DOx. I just don't think the safety margins are as comfortable as with the 2cx or most tryptamines. I love to read those reports though. Peace - Pipp

Good work, Beenhead! I love the psychedelic amphetamines. :)

Hmm... Been waiting to sample my lil sample of DOM for a while now. Think I may well have to get around to that sometime soon and compare notes :)

Any Ideas for the next SOTM??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????