Bluelight

Thread: The Eagle's Fentanyl Patch Guide

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The Eagle's Fentanyl Patch Guide 
    After reading so many posts about fentanyl, I decided to dash in my own two cents, since I am a chronic pain sufferer who has been using fent for a looooong time.

1. For all practical purposes, I must say that Mylan's Matrix patches are absolute garbage. If you are seeking a "rush" from these don't waste your time. You can search the net high and low for a way to "abuse" the Matrix, but unless you are skilled in chemistry, it isn't worth the effort and you'll probably end up destroying the drug. The best way to get the most from the plastic Matrix is to wear on the skin as prescribed, except there are a few things you can do to increase the potency: Scratch and abrade your skin before applying the patch. This removes a layer of dead or semi-dead skin and thus, less skin for the fent to penetrate before it reaches your bloodstream. Apply heat, as hot as you can tolerate. Matrix patches may be abuse-resistant, but the fentanyl still rapidly releases when you apply intense heat such as by a)sitting in a hot tub, b)applying a heating pad, c) blowing a hair dryer directly on the patch or c) get creative! Just don't burn yourself. I personally like to put the kettle on the stove, heat the water to near boiling, and fill my rubber hot water bottle.
    Rule of thumb: you can only get so high on Mylan's fent patch. But if you follow the above instructions, you should enjoy a nice three-day buzz, varying in strength depending on dose and tolerance.
    ATTEMPTING TO EXTRACT THE FENTANYL FROM THE MATRIX USING FLAMMABLE SOLVENTS OR VOLATILE CHEMICALS IS STUPID AND DANGEROUS. DON'T DO IT!!

2). Real Duragesic patches with the gel reservoirs are obviously the most sought after (or their generic equivalent). There are so many ways to abuse the gel it's almost funny. The nasal spray works (mentioned in a few posts), smoking the gel works quite well, and you can even rub the gel in your eyes for a kick-ass buzz. Orally, use a Q-tip to swab it on your gums or suck on a piece of gauze saturated with gel. Do not swallow or most of it will go to waste.
    My personal favorite method is smoking on foil the way one would smoke meth or heroin. The only problem is the extremely short duration which can make for some quickly disappearing patches if you know what I mean.
    INJECTING THE GEL, NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU DILUTE IT, IS INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS. DON'T DO IT. Only inject fent if you have somehow miraculously acquired some ampoules of liquid fentanyl citrate.

Using fentanyl in any way other than wearing the patch will always provide a very short lived high due to the extremely short duration of the drug. This can leave you jonesin' like you've never jones'd before.
    Know your tolerance before experimenting with fent. The rest is up to you. If anybody has any questions feel free to ask...I can probably help you as I am not only a long time user but educated in pharmacology. Be safe!

2. Collapse Details

Maybe BDD will find this useful, but maybe better suited for OD?

HOMELESS -> BDD

3. Collapse Details
    perhaps 
    Cool
    I don't know, Mr. Moderator sir, how this site works yet. I don't know what you mean by OD haha. Give me some time to explore the site and I will figure shit out! Thanks a million! This site rocks!

4. Collapse Details

OD= other drugs

5. Collapse Details

Flask
    If you are using my method of buccal (buk' ul) --meaning between the cheek and gums-- administration, Mylan is by far the best patch to use. You do not want the gel as it causes excess salvation and you end up swallowing too much. Note that this method is for extremely opioid tolerant individuals only and the risk of overdose of this method is far greater from any extraction methods or any transdermal methods involving abrasive or chemical means to disrupt the epidermis.

This method disrupts the buccal membrane integrity by using 91% IPA (isopropanol) and I say to use IPA as opposed to Ethanol in rubbing alcohol. The toxicology of IPA in the amounts in question when compared to DENATURED ethanol is far, far less. Denatured means unfit for human consumption. If you want to use golden grain or another high proof potable form of ethanol, then you have nothing to worry about. My point is do not ever use denatured rubbing or ethyl alcohol as it is toxic in small amounts.

Once you take a swig of IPA and rinse it around your mouth until the burning becomes uncomfortable, then spit it out. Take the Mylan patch and cut it in half if necessary. Take it (after removing the outer plastic protecting the sticky side) and place it on one (or both if cut in half) sides of your cheek. Create a vacuum in your mouth by sucking in. Then, using a squirt bottle if possible, squirt about 1-2 mls of IPA on each side of your mouth. Try to keep it in your mouth as long as possible before swallowing. Do this about every 20-30 minutes for an hour and then do it once every hour for as long as you have them in your mouth. Within about 2-3 hours, all of the fentanyl is now in your system (10.2 mg in a Mylan Patch). This again is a huge amount and if you are not dependent on opioids, I would never suggest doing this or you will likely overdose. This also should not be mixed with sedative-hypnotics unless you are already dependent and in that case, you can cut the dose back a little bit.

The 100 ug/hr 72 hour patch is the strongest single opioid product on the market with the possible exception of Opana 40 mg ER's if you have the chemistry background to remove the matrix. This pill and I will give them credit is not even crispable for injecting. It is crispable for snorting but the technique is not the same as my standard techniques for MSC and OSC and is very temperamental (Note 40 mg of parenteral oxymorphone is equivalent to 50 parenteral 4 mg Dilaudid.)

But the fentanyl patch made by Mylan is perhaps the most euphoric of all opioids available. Note that if you get strung out on fentanyl, because of the direct ability of fentanyl to inhibit dopamine reuptake in the VTA/N Acc as well as possibly affecting the VMAT-2. Sufentanil may be more euphoric, but as you start making the propionanilides stronger like isocarefentanil, you increase the opioid effect but decrease the dopamine reuptake ability since they are two separate action combined in one drug. The point at where the decrease in euphoria happens is somewhere around sufentanil. Personally I cannot decide which is better (IMO). And there are not a lot of people I can get a reasonably accurate opinion insofar as they do not possess the understanding of the two separate feelings.

If you do get addicted to these two drugs, it is almost impossible to stop the depression and dopamine depletion blues that go along with stopping them and switching to heroin or methadone (or any other opioid). No amount of other opioids is enough (although there are no typical withdrawal symptoms, the depression is unstoppable during the transition.)

MobiusDick
    Last edited by MobiusDick; 19-03-2009 at 21:34.

6. Collapse Details

MD- What do you think of cutting and using the matrix patches transdermally? In other words, cutting the dosage from 100 mcg to 25 mcg and applying?

7. Collapse Details

SWIM has 75mcg patch Duragesic wants to try out. Has had Fentanyl IV due to several operations in the past year. Would they get anything out of a tiny drop of gel rubbed on the gums? Just want to be safe here.

8. Collapse Details

Hey - I had posted a question that got closed by a semi-polite semi-rude mod that didn't seem to understand the question, spouted the usual "UTFSE" bullshit, and then closed the topic. I'm hoping for better reading comprehension here - I am wondering if this is possible/plausible (and YES, I've used the FSE, and found little that's been of use. It's possible that something useful is lurking out there that, in falling short of omniscience, unlike said mod (who falls short of other things, apparently), I might have missed, but I've been looking and nothing matches):

Without opening the packet that contains the patch (which looks like the one on the right in this pic: http://members.kaiserpermanente.org/...s/A0036050.JPG), is it possible or plausible, using a hypodermic needle, to extract some of the fentanyl?

I am NOT planning to do this or use this on anyone or myself (I'd like to live and poppy pod tea from time to time is my absolute limit for recreation/pain management, thanks), but I am curious, for academic/creative purposes.

If any smug illiterates want to scream "UTFSE" without actually comprehending what I'm asking, please punch yourself in the face repeatedly until you get smarter or the world becomes a better place, thanks.

And thanks in advance to everyone who is willing to help answer odd questions like these without making us watch the embarrassing combination of ignorance and holier-than-thou attitude. One or the other is bad enough!

9. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    ^ ^ ^ ^

You will have much better luck finding an answer to your question(s) if you refrain from bashing and degrading the folks most willing/able to assist you.

In the future, ask your question and leave out your personal grudges.

-Guilio

10. Collapse Details

hey mobius dick or any1 else..
    i have the 100mcg/hr mylan fent patch im going through wd's of oxys rt now and this is all i could get so it looks like u said the best thing to do u put it between un gum and cheek.. so i was wondering if its ok to just cut the patch in half and try that since i dont know what my tolerance is.. and by IPA are you referring to isopropyl alcohol like that u use to rub on ur skin to clean the surface before injecting something (im a big aas user and that what i do) so im curious if so i just put a 1ml or so swish it around and spit it out put the patch in the side of my cheek creat a suction and put a another 1-2ml in my mouth and do i spit that out or is it ok to swallow.. and when im suckking on the patch should i spit out like dip or is it ok to swall? jst want to make sure.. im usually taking 200mg oc usually or like 10 40's a day or more if i smoke them..so what would be a good dose half the patch? and does this hit pretty good and ill be feeling good? i wnt to be high!! hopefully u get back to me im happy u said this is the most euporic opiate on the market..lolany other tips or ways to use im all ears.. cnt wait

11. Collapse Details
    ?????? 
    well i found out how to abuse the matrix patch put the patch in a mug add vinegar place in microwave for 5 min rember the vinegar will dissole so add enough to compisate for this you can either drink or inject, if injecting it will hurt i found out drinking it works just as good i get 100mcg patches when i drink it i get high for about 18 hours

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrose View Post
    Without opening the packet that contains the patch (which looks like the one on the right in this pic: http://members.kaiserpermanente.org/...s/A0036050.JPG), is it possible or plausible, using a hypodermic needle, to extract some of the fentanyl?
    Theoretically it would be possible to extract some fentanyl from an unopened packet using a hypodermic. Given the gel's viscosity, I would think you might need a larger gauge needle, but it should work.

However, upon opening the patch it will become immediately apparent that it has been tampered with, since there will be a pinprick with gel oozing out of it. (Alternately, the pinprick won't be noticed until after the patient puts the patch on and gets a larger-than-expected dose of fentanyl... which could be a Very Bad Thing indeed).

In other words, don't do it.

13. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I just smoked some of the gel on foil yesterday and it got me going pretty good

14. Collapse Details

I know this was posted a long time ago, but I did a google search, and this thread came up. It just so happens im a bluelight memeber

ok, So I stumbled into some 20Ml bottles of 50mcg/ml (.05mg/ml) Fentanyl Citrate and I was wondering if anyone could let me know if squirting some in my mouth would be effective? I have a syringe, but I dont plan on sticking it in my body, I just want to use it to moniter my dose precisely,,

I have a moderate opiate tolerance, (I typically take 100mg of hydrocodone a day)

I also have a few bottles of "Duramorph" Morphine Sulphate , .05mg perml... and wanted to take that orally also...

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated...

-Newbie.

15. Collapse Details

Hey - I had posted a question that got closed by a semi-polite semi-rude mod that didn't seem to understand the question, spouted the usual "UTFSE" bullshit, and then closed the topic. I'm hoping for better reading comprehension here - I am wondering if this is possible/plausible (and YES, I've used the FSE, and found little that's been of use. It's possible that something useful is lurking out there that, in falling short of omniscience, unlike said mod (who falls short of other things, apparently), I might have missed, but I've been looking and nothing matches):

I am NOT planning to do this or use this on anyone or myself (I'd like to live and poppy pod tea from time to time is my absolute limit for recreation/pain management, thanks), but I am curious, for academic/creative purposes.

If any smug illiterates want to scream "UTFSE" without actually comprehending what I'm asking, please punch yourself in the face repeatedly until you get smarter or the world becomes a better place, thanks.

And thanks in advance to everyone who is willing to help answer odd questions like these without making us watch the embarrassing combination of ignorance and holier-than-thou attitude. One or the other is bad enough!
    It's been a while since I've seen such an obvious example of a person bitching about something they hate, when they themselves are that very thing. Get over yourself, and get with how the bluelight community operates.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    After reading so many posts about fentanyl, I decided to dash in my own two cents, since I am a chronic pain sufferer who has been using fent for a looooong time.

1. For all practical purposes, I must say that Mylan's Matrix patches are absolute garbage. If you are seeking a "rush" from these don't waste your time. You can search the net high and low for a way to "abuse" the Matrix, but unless you are skilled in chemistry, it isn't worth the effort and you'll probably end up destroying the drug. The best way to get the most from the plastic Matrix is to wear on the skin as prescribed, except there are a few things you can do to increase the potency: Scratch and abrade your skin before applying the patch. This removes a layer of dead or semi-dead skin and thus, less skin for the fent to penetrate before it reaches your bloodstream. Apply heat, as hot as you can tolerate. Matrix patches may be abuse-resistant, but the fentanyl still rapidly releases when you apply intense heat such as by a)sitting in a hot tub, b)applying a heating pad, c) blowing a hair dryer directly on the patch or c) get creative! Just don't burn yourself. I personally like to put the kettle on the stove, heat the water to near boiling, and fill my rubber hot water bottle.
    Rule of thumb: you can only get so high on Mylan's fent patch. But if you follow the above instructions, you should enjoy a nice three-day buzz, varying in strength depending on dose and tolerance.
    ATTEMPTING TO EXTRACT THE FENTANYL FROM THE MATRIX USING FLAMMABLE SOLVENTS OR VOLATILE CHEMICALS IS STUPID AND DANGEROUS. DON'T DO IT!!

2). Real Duragesic patches with the gel reservoirs are obviously the most sought after (or their generic equivalent). There are so many ways to abuse the gel it's almost funny. The nasal spray works (mentioned in a few posts), smoking the gel works quite well, and you can even rub the gel in your eyes for a kick-ass buzz. Orally, use a Q-tip to swab it on your gums or suck on a piece of gauze saturated with gel. Do not swallow or most of it will go to waste.
    My personal favorite method is smoking on foil the way one would smoke meth or heroin. The only problem is the extremely short duration which can make for some quickly disappearing patches if you know what I mean.
    INJECTING THE GEL, NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU DILUTE IT, IS INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS. DON'T DO IT. Only inject fent if you have somehow miraculously acquired some ampoules of liquid fentanyl citrate.

Using fentanyl in any way other than wearing the patch will always provide a very short lived high due to the extremely short duration of the drug. This can leave you jonesin' like you've never jones'd before.
    Know your tolerance before experimenting with fent. The rest is up to you. If anybody has any questions feel free to ask...I can probably help you as I am not only a long time user but educated in pharmacology. Be safe!
    Not to say cutting up and consuming fent gel patches isnt dangerous in and of itself, but putting the gel from the patches in your eyes is an awful idea, because of some of the other ingredients in the gel that can cause serious eye issues.

17. Collapse Details
    I wonder if any of you guys have read this 

18. Collapse Details
    Here is another link you guys should read if you really want to know the truth 

19. Collapse Details

Yes it is possible but it would require some, well, a little chemistry. About as much as making hash by soaking it in rubbing alcohol

By the way I never would of answered your wreckless question if you didn't share a similar distaste for the arrogant. Hope it helped, Don't Shoot Fentanyl. Im serious about that.
    Last edited by smokeymcpot42088; 04-12-2009 at 15:02. Reason: second thoughts maybe? Added a warning

20. Collapse Details
    plzzzzz helpppppp 
    ok if anybody knows anything it would be appreciated. i have been opioid dependant for 5 years and my current tolerance is about 20 to 30 mg(2 to 3 patches) ingested by sucking on them in my mouth in addition to 100mg of methadone daily. due to reasons beyond my control at this time(i was on a free program at a meth clinic and was just cut off for missing my doctors appts twice in a row, and the patches are unobtainable at present) i am extremely sick and no affordable amount of heroin puts a dent in my sickness and pain. All i have is a ----load of leftover patches with a little teeny bit of taste and medicine remaining on them, what is the best way to get the remaining meds out of them? Would it be worth it to possiobly put them in a small cup of boiling water, or what can i do? I need to straighten things out at the clinic and im sitting here right now in about stage 4 out of ten of the crappiest ive ever felt only because of these old patches im still sucking on. I know its pitiful please dont tell me to just wait it out or whatever. Even injecting 7 bags of what ppl say is pretty good dope barely took away my goosebumps, although my stomach get a little bit less liquidy and gassy for a little while. Any reliable info for myself or anyone in this unfortunate situation would be extremely helpful. also please refrain telling me that i am getting what i deserve or anything to that effect, PLEASE. Any HELP would be appreciated esp before i start puking.

21. Collapse Details

you can extract the fentanyl from the gel using distilled white vinager. Put gel on spoon, add 50cc of vinagar and cook it up. Then suck it into a 100cc syringe. then fill the rest of the syringe with biostatic USP water for injection. shake it up and inject. it will burn, the less vinagar in the mix the better. and if you miss a shot, it will hurt like hell. But this does work and i've found the fent does get into the brain/spine as i've had instant pain relief from doing this.

22. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I came across a 100 mcg/ hr fent. patch... the gel kind. I've been taking morphine for awhile but i'm not sure if my tolerance is high enough for this so i was wondering if i applied the patch for half an hour would it only release 50 of the 100 mcg in that hour? Just trying to figure out if I can get some use out of this patch. I know it takes a while before you feel the effects so I'm just tryin to figure out a way to get high from this without overdosing or something. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

23. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    How much of a 100mcg/hr patch do you typically smoke on the foil? I've never heard of that method...SWIM is thinking about squeezing one on some foil.

24. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    No, as the maximum dosage is released 12-17 hours after application. Also, it depends on your morphine dosage etc...and a slew of other factors as to how it will affect you. I would say that (and this is only my personal experience, as I know many people, including myself, who take these on a regular basis) you should not have a problem wearing it for the full 72, I seriously doubt you would OD or anything, as long as what you say is true, and you take morphine on a regular basis.

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RazaMasta View Post
    How much of a 100mcg/hr patch do you typically smoke on the foil? I've never heard of that method...SWIM is thinking about squeezing one on some foil.
    NO SWIM! We don't do that here, and it wont help you in court or anywhere else!

What is your tolerance like?

People who are very tolerable of opiates, use a spot of gel no bigger than a BB from a bb gun, and some will recommend an even smaller amount, like I said, it really depends on your tolerance.

Since we don't know your tolerance, I would suggest to start with a tiny drop, like almost microscopic and smoke it. If you don't get the desired effects, wait and do a slightly bigger droplet. However, less is more, and you can always do more, but not less. Many experienced opiate users (even some here from bluelight) have died from fent as I am sure you are aware of, so please be careful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast