Steroids and voice...in males

flatline_

Greenlighter
Any chance a 12 week cycle of Test. Enth. @ 500mg/wk would deepen the voice of a man in his early twenties? I don't have a high voice...but who doesn't want to sound like Barry White =D. I heard the larynx doesn't stop growing until 26 or so....in that case could this cycle at 22 actually cheat me out of some deepness?

Nah its actually more likely to deepen your voice. The growth plate fusion doesn't effect your voice. Thats why females who take steroids can deepen their voices.

Nah its actually more likely to deepen your voice. The growth plate fusion doesn't effect your voice. Thats why females who take steroids can deepen their voices.

I was under the impression that the growth of the larynx affects the vocal cords and makes your voice deeper. Thoughts?

I am on week 6 of a 12 week prop cycle and I can tell you my voice has notched down a bit. I'm not sure if anything physically has changed in my larnyx (how would I know?), but I definitely feel more confident and that contributes to a deeper voice.

Whenever I get agitated/aggravated/frazzled my voice tends to go higher. Steroids keep me cool more often than not (despite the popular myth that they make you 'rage'). Thus, my voice tends to be deeper.

The larynx is not a bone. Its is connected to bone and contains cartalige but I imagine its the increased size of the tendons/muscles rather than the bone/cartalige that give the deeper sound. Hence why females voices get deeper on testosterone- their bones don't suddenly grow.