• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Color

KeepJimMorrisonAli

Bluelighter
So, as we all know, MDMA is white. This means that if your E pill is any other color than WHITE then it has some kind of impurity in it, correct? Then how come some pills that are lab tested to contain ONLY MDMA aren't always white, such as the split (http://ecstasydata.org/viewtablet.php?ID=1689)? All this information (pure MDMA ecstasy tablets ONLY white, any color means impurity, etc) was found on these forums and never actually researched, so I could be wrong. Anyway, if the information that I read on BL is correct, then why is this pill almost purely pink but contains only MDMA?

So, as we all know, MDMA is white. This means that if your E pill is any other color than WHITE then it has some kind of impurity in it, correct? Then how come some pills that are lab tested to contain ONLY MDMA aren't always white, such as the split (http://ecstasydata.org/viewtablet.php?ID=1689)? All this information (pure MDMA ecstasy tablets ONLY white, any color means impurity, etc) was found on these forums and never actually researched, so I could be wrong. Anyway, if the information that I read on BL is correct, then why is this pill almost purely pink but contains only MDMA?

There is no such thing as a 100% pure MDMA pills for many reasons.

First MDMA is quite impossible to press in a pill by itself, you need to add some binders just like with most legit medical pills. These fillers can come in a variety of colors.

Also, many pill presser color their pill to make it more unique and recognizable for the customer.

MDMA is complicated to produce, and the color of the actual MDMA before its pressed in a pill can vary depending on the technique and knowledge used by the chemist.

Color is not a good indication of purity. Pills can all sorts of colors and still have mdma as it's only active.

btw pure mdma crystals are clear.

edit - as zy said, the chemist who produced the mdma could simply be lazy and not washed it, resulting in colored, but not necessarily impure mdma

often white pills, with no speckles are a bad sign, well can be, speckles often are a good sign in my books.. but as said above, its just coloring thats added for marketing purposes mainly

So, as we all know, MDMA is white.

Not true.

And in pill form it is easily coloured however even in powdered form there have been reports of good quality mdma being coloured.

Its just some food colouring thats been added...........

Colour means nothing.

Cotton is white too. But my blue jeans are still 100% cotton.

Coloring for aesthetics is not considered an adulterant.

MDMA can be a variety of colors: purple, beige, clear, off-white, but the best is clear crystals.

color is no indicator of potency, it is purely for aesthetics, as are press designs.

I have not logged on since '04 but have found some of the postings in this thread to be seemingly false. MDMA crystals are clearish white and if we are talking about the color of crystal MDMA then color is not aesthetic but the reflection of byproduct and impurities in the crystal, usually from skipping a step during the acetone washing process. I have come across white, grey and golden/brownish types of MDMA crystals and all have been rather pure. Even though there are impurities leaving color in some MDMA, if it is visibly crystal MDMA it has probably not been stomped on with buff. I estimate the color impurities to account for an average of 10% of the crystal in uncut colored MDMA. Most MDMA crystals are therefore around 90% or more pure, whether colored or white. White MDMA can easily be cut as most buff used to cut drugs are white i.e. cocaine buff, therefore off-white MDMA is less often cut and often times stronger than white poweder MDMA. When MDMA is crushed into a powder it is easy to camouflage cut, but chunky clearish white crystals are the purest. Regardless of color, in my experience the more broken up and powdery the MDMA is, the less potent it is.
Pressed ecstasy pills on the other hand are pressed with buff, chalk and often a plethora of different types and mixtures of drugs, i.e meth, ketamine, mda and whether or not any MDMA is present in the pressed pill, it is impossible to verify the purity or the color of the MDMA used, as the dyed chalk and buff make up the majority of the pressed pill. The color of a pressed ecstasy pill is not the color of the MDMA possibly used in the ecstasy pill.
hope this helps!

<The yin-yang sums up the perpetuation of existence. A paradoxically positive/negative feedback loop which allows time to perpetuate linearly in circles.>

Last edited:
Sorry to revive an old thread and sorry for sounding pretentious in my last post. It seemed the poster was wondering why pills that are tested to be "pure" should only be white, as if pressed pills that test "pure" are only MDMA.

When a test on somewhere like pillreports.com comes up saying a pill is "pure" it only means that the only psychoactive ingredient in the pill is MDMA, but there ar also non-active ingredients such as binder in the pill as well. It by no means indentifies whether or not the MDMA in the pill is "pure" MDMA. And the definition of pure is subjective. Many take it to mean very good quality MDMA that is at least 95% pure, and others take it to mean it is MDMA of varying purity that only contains MDMA as the psychoactive.

In an ecstasy pill there is MDMA along with filler, chalk and binder and usually it is dyed to give it a signature colour. A pressed pill would not stick if it was only MDMA! A pressed pill must contain binder for it to bind together.

A white pill is by no means an indication that a pill contains only MDMA, just like a coloured pill by no means indicated that a pill does not contain MDMA.

Anyways I noticed delta_9 and The Chemist mention that clear crystal MDMA is the highest purity and MazDan mentions that it is not true that MDMA is white. I always thought that high purity MDMA is a white crystalline, but today my buddy mentioned that his buddy has MDMA that comes in large clear crystal chunks.

I've never heard of clear crystal MDMA. I've come across white, off-white, grey, yellowish, golden, light brown and dark brown MDMA that looks like brown sugar and the highest quality that I've come across was white crystal. Never seen clear MDMA. Every legitimate place I've read about MDMA mentions that high purity MDMA is a white crystalline.

I'd love to hear more feedback from delta_9 The Chemist and MazDan on clear MDMA. Where did you hear or how do you know that high purity MDMA is not white? I'm intrigued, and I'm trying to get a sample of this cleary crystal MDMA to see what happens with a testing kit.

Any clear crystal that's pulverized into powder will be white. I'm pretty sure that the white crystals you're describing were probably incompletely washed, so their crystalline structure isn't complete (thus making them translucent/opaque rather than clear).

LSDMDMA&8716402 said:
Eew
thread necromancy

hahahaha zombie thread mofo -

Have only seen clear crystal with no shade of colour to it TWICE in my life - about an ounce of it.

Other than that in the past month I have seen lemon yellowed tinged CLEAR crystal, and some translucen pink tinged rocks too.

In all my years though (6), I have seen reddish orange (nasty stuff - made my friends vomit), purple, tan sandy stuff, pink, but grey would be the most common colour of MDMA I have seen.

ok, so I just got some mdma from a friend and it looks like brown sugar (mentioned by love sex desire) wasn't sure if I should take it or not. Any insite from the pros out there??!!

I get some delicious brownish crystallized MDMA, strong, by far the best I've had.

I thought lumps of MDMA are normally off brown/pink/clear? No set colour? White i thought generally suggests it had been cut with sweetner or some other more nasty bit