European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Nice Codeine Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would recommend doing a taper, not a cold turkey.

Search on the here for how to do it.

Even it is going down by a fifth ever 5 days it will make the last jump that bit easier. Cold Turkey with Codeine is still painful and hard.

Fuck it, I'm gonna order 20 etizolams and cold turkey this fucker. It's starting to become a real problem now rather than just a silly habit. It's also costing me a bloody fortune and my post lady is getting sick of red carding me every afternoon.

Edit - will be careful with the Etizolam, naturally. Im fine around zopiclone and low dose Valium do I should be ok (famous last words!).

Ah good luck with that! Etiz is a good un for stuff like that though it took me a while to find 'my' dose, which is about 10mg for anxiety/sleep/hangovers. Had a few two day blackout falling over the computer foot through the toaster public nudity moments before I got the message that I should be careful 8( Mate keeps blagging me for some but I ain't giving him any because the boy barely made it home after I gave him two Nytol to kill his hangover and dropped him off a mile from his house.

edit: actually now I'm thinking it might be fun to give him various drugs and drop him off a mile from his house, like some perverse version of orienteering. 'go on mate, here's two tabs of acid and a map, off you go' =D

Fuck it, I'm gonna order 20 etizolams and cold turkey this fucker. It's starting to become a real problem now rather than just a silly habit. It's also costing me a bloody fortune and my post lady is getting sick of red carding me every afternoon.

Edit - will be careful with the Etizolam, naturally. Im fine around zopiclone and low dose Valium do I should be ok (famous last words!).

No need. Seriously. Codeine is a piece o' piss to taper. Just drop your doses. Can drop a fair bit each day with ease with codeine. You were on 900mg a day last I recall? Not such a lot by any means. Can knock 100mg/day off that easy for a few days. Only starts to get ropey when below 300mg, I'd say. Take it a bit steadier after that. Honestly, you need nowt to help with a codeine taper other than codeine. I used to use codeine linctus (scripted at 1.5l/day on day one) to kick heroin habits. Save the benzos for the final push if needs be but taper with hair of the dog wot bit ya. Imo, ime, ymmv, etc, etc.

Good call. Good luck <3

Thanks Shammy.

I'm not sure if I can do a taper to be honest with you. The margin between a recreational dose and a holding dose seems to be pretty much zero. If I take any less than ~300mg I'll be withdrawing within a few hours. Likewise, if I take any more than ~300mg, I'll get very dizzy and dysphoric for a couple of hours. It seems I have a sweet spot that I need to hit pretty much dead on to be OK.

I'm gonna give it a shot though and try dropping by about 30mg per dose for a while. See how I go. The other reason that I need to stop is that I'm finally getting the histamine stuff that everyone else seems to get from day 1 (itching and red rash on chest, stomach and legs). I've taken cetirizine and it doesn't really help. I can't take any of the sedating ones in the daytime as they really knock me for six.

I'm on my phone so please forgive any spelling/grammatical errors.

Reason I'm recommending a taper is that CT tends to result in instarelapse cos it's fukkin shite and the cure costs but three quid so kinda hard to resist :\

Forget my "drop 100mg" thing - you're obviously not taking 900mg at a time. Silly me. Was a lil intoxicated last night ;)

Yeah, dropping 30mg seems eminently reasonable. I really would recommend tapering cos codeine may not be a hardcore opi but the w/d are still shite. It seems to be especially hard on the gut too for some reason so maybe get some of that immodium stuff in to keep yer gut from cramping you into submission. People actually use high-dose immodium (is an opiate-based anti-diarrhoea med - the opi in question supposedly doesn't cross the blood/brain barrier so doesn't get you fukked but works on the physical w/d symptoms supposedly) alone to taper from heavy opi habits apparently but never tried that meself. There's plenty threads on it in OD though.

Benzos can definitely help with the mental side of w/d but do shit all for the phyical stuff and most of a codeine cluck is physical (as you have no doubt noticed). I'd only use 'em sparingly cos is so very easy to switch addictions otherwise ;\

Yeah, 900mg per day split into 3 x 300mg doses (redosing most certainly does work for me). Hear ya loud and clear on the switching addictions stuff. I'm gonna see if I can get a repeat zopiclone script and use that and weed to help with the sleep issues. I can cope with the rest of the withdrawals but the sleep stuff and RLS are what breaks me.

Thanks again for the support, will report back in due course!

Clonidine is supposed to be a bit of a minor miracle cure for RLS but is prescription-only afaik. I have some here but not needed to use 'em yet so can't report my own findings. RLS is my personal w/d symptom from hell. Was always that one that broke me. When it gets to the stage your whole body is just thrumming with R'L'S on the third/fourth day I just can't take it anymore and broke every single time. Well, aside from that last time, obviously.

Zopiclone is probably easier to get from yer GP as flashes less of a red flag than actual benzos and would be a better option than sourcing benzos online cos there's a real difference psychologically between scripts and self-sourced drugs (imo, ime, ymmv, etc, etc). Bear in mind z-drugs are pretty much as habit-forming and heavy w/d-laden as benzos themselves though. Used short-term they should definitely help though :)

I always strongly recommend a long, slow, as comfortable as humanly possible taper to anybody who has been using for any real length of time if it's at all a viable option. Pushing too hard tends to make relapse (not just during w/d itself but also afterwards for some reason) all but inevitable (again imo, ime, ymmv, etc, etc). Think it's a psychological thing. Addicted folk's brains work differently to "normal" brains - the motivation, reward and general good brainchems stuffs are all screwed up and put up a helluva fight along the way. You truly do come to believe what they are telling you: that it is too hard, too much to bear, ultimately not worth it cos you did your best and that is all anybody can ask so you really should just have a lil of what you need to make it all go away cos you really did try so very, very hard and is no shame in beating a tactical retreat, regrouping and try again another time cos it was never really that bad was it. The Big Lie as somebody I know who recently quit opies so very aptly christened it.

The long 'n' slow taper approach also mostly avoids the lack of sleep, incidentally. And the RLS. And the gut issues. And, well most of the w/d symptoms in general. That's kinda the point of it. Why make w/d harder than it needs to be? Is fukkin hellish as it is without getting all masochistic about it. Should only really be the last push when you get the real w/d symptoms - the rest of the way down is more just feeling kinda ropey but nowt too unbearable - and by the time you get to the endgame you've tapered enough to make it a far less daunting drop-off.

Would fucking love a miracle cure for RLS, is the only thing that gets me coming off codeine, having the tendency as I do with most drugs to do loads for ages and then just stop. Hate it. Get it with hangovers too.

I would too, Snollz. It sounds so very mild an innocent dunnit? Restless Leg Syndrome. How bad can it be to have restless legs? Although, as noted, it gets to the stage when it encompasses every cell of your body from head to foot if kicking (RLS is where the term "kicking the habit" comes from, innit) from a proper habit. For me it'd start with the legs then slowly spread upwards until whole body is just tormented and thrumming constantly and then (if I could get to that stage) would slowly fade back downwards again.

Mild and innocent it ain't. Fukking maddening is what it is. Give me cramps, sweats and insomnia any day over fukkin RLS :!

I have heard clonidine is the way to go but, as noted, I've not personally tried it yet. Immodium also apparently helps loads but, again, not tried that yet.

Yep, would prefer em too! Is usually just my legs, but do get the full body thing when it's reallllly bad. That's only ever been from booze though, go figure.

Yup. GABA w/d also causes RLS. The slow tapering thing really does help though. Or for shorter-term, less heavy, binge 'n' purge type usage a crash taper works too - is what I do with my codeine script. I use as much as I need initially (usually in the 300-500mg/day range) say for the first week or so of the month, then drop quickly the second week. Like going from say 500mg on day one to 410mg on day two, 350mg day three and so on. I find you can cut a surprising amount off each day if it's only been a fairly brief run. I also find that when you get below ~300mg or so it works better to divide yer daily dose so I'll often switch to taking just 60-90mg three or four times a day and shaving a bit off each smaller dose on subsequent days. Seems to work better than dosing big each time below a certain point. Is actually surprising how little you need to fend off the worst of it and seems to help to have a constant low-level in your system rather than the more rollercoaster levels of taking big doses then waiting till feeling utterly shite before the next one. Works for me anyway.

Is CWE codiene any use for heroin WDS and/or even just to take the edge off PAWS? I'm asking because there's always someone I know trying to come off the kit and Subbies ain't cheap or plentiful and most old school users I know won't touch methadone with a bargepole.

I have to admit, CWE of codeine is relatively new to me. I've just never come across anyone trying it and it was only a matter of weeks ago that someone mentioned it to me at a party I was DJing at. I thought it sounded like daftness; the kind of things kids get up to but after reading up on it, it seems to be fairly common-ish and the method seems sound enough. It was the paracetamol that concerned me, for obvious reasons but the layman science on seperation is easy enough to grasp.

I'd try it myself but I'm a fairly heavy heroin user and I'm currently taking bits 'n pieces of sub every day.

You can, but obviously it's gonna potentiate it and might fuck your stomach up (not permanently, just add to the common codeine nausea) and can't imagine your liver would be hugely pleased if your CWE tech was sloppy. Depends on your tolerance I would say. 120mg is at the low end of the recreational scale though so a few beers shouldn't be too bad. I usually do but I also rarely take my own advice.

To sum that up: Yes, just watch yourself.

Is CWE codiene any use for heroin WDS and/or even just to take the edge off PAWS?

You certainly can. Codeine is actually pretty damn good for tapering even a gear habit. Imo, ime, ymmv, etc, etc. I used to be scripted high-dose codeine quite regularly for doing me cluck years back. But yeah, will certainly knock the PAWS on the head temporarily. That's the point though - is an incredibly short-term "solution" that (like using any opies to combat PAWS) simply extends the PAWS. A day off is nice every now and then though and works fine for that :)

Yeah should be no problem assuming you don't have the tolerance of a newborn baby ;) Know your own limits etc etc

No liver concerns there then. Will be fine. Although some find that alcohol and opies is not a brilliant combo. Others love it though. As long as doses are reasonable it's not really dangerous or owt. Obviously high doses of any opi combined with lots of alcohol is pretty frikkin iffy but 120mg of codeine and a few beers really isn't anything to be worried about. As with any drug/combo new to you - just take it steady and listen to what your body tells you.

Status
Not open for further replies.